List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Sorry guys been out of the loop and away from this thread. I’m wondering if there’s players out of contract in the mid 20’s bracket the club is linked to our ones we can go after? We desperately need decent senior players that aren’t old or are c graders

1. Warner has to want to leave Sydney first.

2. Warner might look at both WA clubs and decide Freo are much closer to a flag, and possibly the more probable WA club to win a flag. Their good young players are all in the same age bracket as himself. If it's a difference of $1.2m versus $1.5m per, and Freo just might be more enticing.
Imagine going to Freo to try to win a flag. There is more chance a blind man would win eye spy.

No way Sydney let Warner go contracted. They would just do another Papley and make him see the contract out.

Depends I guess if they thought there was a chance they would get less for him uncontracted, but you’re right contracted players are always less likely to get done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Depends I guess if they thought there was a chance they would get less for him uncontracted, but you’re right contracted players are always less likely to get done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sydney wouldn't care if they got less when he is out of contract. They are trying to win a flag.

I'm a massive Moraes fan, and he gets horrendously underrated. If we trade done, as we should he is absolutely what we need.
He and Murphy Reid I'm predicting for huge years.
Only knock I’ve got on Christian is his disposal could be better, played well today only caught 3/4 of the game but him and Smillie out performed the Oak midfield for me. His two goals topped off a great start to the year. Did you say last year you knew him or related?

Reid got a bit of it in the Sandi game, was a funny game though, quite a strong wind blowing to one end and made for a pretty messy affair particularly for foot skills.
Harrison Oliver impressed as did Nathaniel Sulzberger( what a name). Taj Hotton got a heap of it but was messy with his skill execution and missed a handful of chances.
So match of the round is shown on Kommunity tv which unless you subscribe you can’t watch live. The replay was a better quality picture than the other games so I guess that’s a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh but would it be worth targeting English, cutting/trading BBW or Flynn and keep Barnett?

Maybe we can tempt JUH over with a big cash offer? Some exciting forwards would be nice

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Priority #1 is a KPD. Gov played well today and Barrass did alright but one is 31 and the other's back is cooked.

I hope to god Smillie bounces to number 1. He's a player I do not want.

FOS/Jagga

However, I'm now starting to be open to Sid d
Draper. A balanced mid prospect. My preference with Sid draper all hinges on clay hall and if can break it as an inside mid.

The game with GWS showed me the huge reliance of Kelly Yeo and Reid to get ground ball. And with Yeo getting older reid is going to have his back sore from all the ground ball gets he's going to be carrying. Hence why Sid draper is becoming a viable option for me. Sid can share the ground ball work with Reid.

But Sid draper only If
1. Clay hall doesn't make it
2. Ginbey shows he more outside then inside

I’m throwing this absolute chequebook at Sam Taylor and Jacob Weitering next year $1.3-1.5m/year. If A Reid comes on, we draft a high quality outside mid this year and draft/trade for a couple of high quality rebounding HBFs in the next couple of years I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

Um, you could say that about every draft.

There's definitely very exciting mids at the top, and bats deep enough (imo) that we could split our 1st, still get a gun AND something extra too
We will see, I’m not as sold on this cohort as some. Favourite for number one had a pretty average day today by potential number one standards. Concerned over the disposal by foot of a number other high end possibilities.
Hopefully it’s just round one nerves and things start to build as the season progresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back