supporting port magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine if you dont give a Flying F*** about the local comp, leave it, go, vanish, no-one wants you
As you can see it doesnt concern me, stick to the AFL be a Franchise of a Corporate Organistation with the 40000 Fake supporters with your Fake club, but for some reason, you consider yourself a die hard football follower. s**t if you dont get your reserved seat or someone doesnt put a lid on your plastic cup all hell will break loose, and god forbid if you have to sit next to an opposition supporter.When Im not rotting in the local comp standing on the Hill on a Friday night, s**t I might even have a bit of banter with the opposition and wont complain about it.

You make me laugh, saying I have a SANFL loser mentatility, when you support a corporate organisation more worried about stadium deals, TV rights, Expansion of more teams. Guess what, that isnt what a real football club is about, wake up smell the roses!!!!

Tell me Im wrong putting my opinions on a SANFL board, Im happy to respond to someone giving me s**t about how poorly my team performed on a weekend.
fake supporters, fake club, what a lot of rubbish, its time some of your lot grew up abit. its just football still, on a much bigger level. but still football. afl clubs are exactly that, clubs, just like sanfl clubs, except much bigger. still the same boot studders, waterboys, trainers, volunteers just like every other football club in the country.
dont forget, glenelg was just an expansion team at one stage, grow up mate, or at least quit while you are behind.

I reckon a few 50 year old Victorians that have volunteered as trainers, runners , Time keppers, worked on BBQ's in their younger days, and have a look at some of these multi million turnover organisations, may just consider its not a club anymore with real people who did things because of the love of the club.
Still plenty of volunteers around and the club regularly advertises for them. Maybe go down to Alberton during the week and check it out for yourself. The AFL players, particularly last year, paid tribute to Dad's Army and the like. They still exist, they don't pay everyone just because they have millions of dollars in revenue (sorry, "handouts" is probably a term you prefer). 50000 real people, including 400 real dogs and cats support this club.

Still plenty of volunteers around and the club regularly advertises for them. Maybe go down to Alberton during the week and check it out for yourself. The AFL players, particularly last year, paid tribute to Dad's Army and the like. They still exist, they don't pay everyone just because they have millions of dollars in revenue (sorry, "handouts" is probably a term you prefer). 50000 real people, including 400 real dogs and cats support this club.

Firstly Dads army was there for the SANFL magpies collecting cans cleaning up the oval and doing some gardening. Would hate to to think how many clubs have many more real people doing the training jobs, Raffle ticket jobs and fundrasing. Thats right the Power have a marketing department that, all unpaid Im sure! There would be no comparison between the real SANFL clubs and its volunteers and those at teh Power.

Secondly I dont call anything the Power get as a handout. That cash is provided by the AFL corporation to ensure they can meet contractuaral arrangments so that the next billion dollar deal is going through without issues.

Lastly how many realistically of those plastic 50000 have seen a Magpies game live or been to an SANFL game, Correct me if I am wrong but SANFL attendances would definetly struggle to meet 50000 over all games over two weeks, it would be fair to say 40000 havent.

Your club is no different to that of the crows, that I see in the same light, interested in their profit margin not the game. Trying to work out how they can sell more merchandise or corporate packages to get revenue and build the BRAND.

You keep saying how many of those plastic 50000 watch the magpies?

What you forget is our club decided to play in the highest league possible, the AFL. That is the preference for most of our supporters. Attendance figures and memberships suggest that.

You also have paid staff at your club what is the difference?

Hahahahah, I know your baiting me but I will respond anyway

Are you Kidding, your 50000 supporters are true Port Maggpie supporters (YEEAAHHH), 40000 of them have never seen the Port Magpies, yeah such loyal supporters that support a club and know the true meaning of GRASS ROOTS FOOTY and not manufactured franchise like you are now. Have you bled for your club, because I certainly have, having played for Glenelg, all be it up to U/18's and have played football all my life for a local club. So talk footy culture you are joking me. I have 40000 reasons to consider your made up franshise with its sanitised approach and marketing strategies. If you pushed to have a stand alone Magpies seperate from the made up world of huge corporate $ with professional staff, I may actually consider your club a true footy club. But as it sits when the AFL has their meetings which you are part of and tells your club of their progress of going to the USA to understand how their FRANCHISE SYSTEM works and how they are adopting the same approach, and you sit here and tell me how you are more of a true football club than the likes of West Adelaide, Glenelg, South Adelaide, Centrals, Sturt, WWT, Norwood or North Adelaide, fair dinkum give me a break. Its great being around a footy club that has trainers who are there on a Tuesday and Thursday night that do it for the love of the club and dont get paid a cracker and have people running water, again that are unpaid and genuinly enjoy being in the mix with the players. So to say its a wekend thing, no that is what it is for Power supporters. I actually feel sorry for the true Port Adelaide supporters and people of the club that put their time into the club free of charge and were looking for nothing in return and are left with the shell of a club and their memories as it has been taken over by a Corporate identity. Those supporters will never get that feeling of a family so you may not be one of these supporters and one of those 40000 supporters who know nothing of being part of a real footy club

Please realise I couldnt give a flying F*** about the AFL, I went to a game in the 1990's and havent been to one since, I watch it on the box and thats it but prefer going to the local league. I would rather go watch PHOS play on a Saturday arvo than go to the AFL. You are not arguing with a crows supporter here you are talking with someone who actually enjoys true local footy something 90% of your manufactured supporter base knows nothing off or havent been exposed to. To say that Port Maqgpies supporters are the only people in SA to have this you are a total goose.
not taking the bait thats the palm of my hand that youre now looking at.......

Fine if you dont give a Flying F*** about the local comp, leave it, go, vanish, no-one wants you
As you can see it doesnt concern me, stick to the AFL be a Franchise of a Corporate Organistation with the 40000 Fake supporters with your Fake club, but for some reason, you consider yourself a die hard football follower. s**t if you dont get your reserved seat or someone doesnt put a lid on your plastic cup all hell will break loose, and god forbid if you have to sit next to an opposition supporter.When Im not rotting in the local comp standing on the Hill on a Friday night, s**t I might even have a bit of banter with the opposition and wont complain about it.

You make me laugh, saying I have a SANFL loser mentatility, when you support a corporate organisation more worried about stadium deals, TV rights, Expansion of more teams. Guess what, that isnt what a real football club is about, wake up smell the roses!!!!

Tell me Im wrong putting my opinions on a SANFL board, Im happy to respond to someone giving me s**t about how poorly my team performed on a weekend.

actually Im taking the hand down for a few secs because I have to respond to this........as much as you want us gone from the SANFL unfortunately for you the large majority of greatness that you talk about in terms of the competition and what it means to SA footy has been facilitated directly or indirectly by our club. If we had been as lukewarm as the other teams in the comp the level of the comp would be a lot less than it is and lts be honest here its not fantastic. We arent going anywhere it is not our fault that all the other clubs used their hatred for us to the detriment of themselves. If you hadnt jumped into bed with each other and sewed an american quilt of hatred towards us perhaps the better option would have happened being we would have got in the afl and then perhaps Norwood and then we would have truly had an amazing competition that would have had a far reach into footy at a local level. But you didnt and you formed a weird state club a conglomerate and I really cant understand how your enemy in the sanfl is your fellow supporter in the afl. You lot need to build a bridge and get over it putting all your efforts in hating us and trying to get rid of us would be better spent investing in the actual game and the state of its health in the state.

okay hands back up.......

Firstly Dads army was there for the SANFL magpies collecting cans cleaning up the oval and doing some gardening. Would hate to to think how many clubs have many more real people doing the training jobs, Raffle ticket jobs and fundrasing. Thats right the Power have a marketing department that, all unpaid Im sure! There would be no comparison between the real SANFL clubs and its volunteers and those at teh Power.

Secondly I dont call anything the Power get as a handout. That cash is provided by the AFL corporation to ensure they can meet contractuaral arrangments so that the next billion dollar deal is going through without issues.

Lastly how many realistically of those plastic 50000 have seen a Magpies game live or been to an SANFL game, Correct me if I am wrong but SANFL attendances would definetly struggle to meet 50000 over all games over two weeks, it would be fair to say 40000 havent.

Your club is no different to that of the crows, that I see in the same light, interested in their profit margin not the game. Trying to work out how they can sell more merchandise or corporate packages to get revenue and build the BRAND.

its a professional business now, sorry if it takes 25-30 odd million dollars to run the club for a year. unlike your ametuer mob who are an embarrassment to the sanfl. the sanfl should issue your club a warning, lift your game or go back to the ametuers where you belong, that lack of effort on sunday was disgraceful, no tackling no chasing no pressure no heart, typical weak soft mob who took the soft option when it got all too hard, again. maybe getting all those cheque collectors was the wrong thing to do, lonergan, thorp, joseph, stevens, allaway, hooper who are only there for the money not for the love of their so called grass roots club. (gee alot of fake afl people from fake afl clubs there representing the glenelg franchise)

gee glenelg dont sell merchandise, they dont sell corporate packages and have plastic fake afl legends like kevin sheedy speak at lunches, they dont sell memberships to build the bottom dollar do they, what a clown.

Did I just read somewhere that some fella called glenelg a real football club?

Funny s**t that.

A real s**t football club with no real culture and no real ambition maybe?

Whinging because the PAFC entertains corporate membership, has 50000 members who haven't seen the magpies play. s**t, most of those 50000 have seen the Port Adelaide Football Club play in the AFL and some of those May show some interest in our reserves team that flogged glenelg by 150 points.

But hey, we ain't a real footy club cause we don't have trainers who are volunteers. Bloody hell champ, we have more ******* volunteers than glenelg would have members.

Did I just read somewhere that some fella called glenelg a real football club?

Funny s**t that.

A real s**t football club with no real culture and no real ambition maybe?

oh they have a culture, a losing culture, a sacking coaches culture (12 coaches since cornes abandoned them), a walking out on your club to join the crows culture. you are 100% right on the no ambition part.

Hahahahah, I know your baiting me but I will respond anyway

Are you Kidding, your 50000 supporters are true Port Maggpie supporters (YEEAAHHH), 40000 of them have never seen the Port Magpies

---EDIT---

Please realise I couldnt give a flying F*** about the AFL, I went to a game in the 1990's and havent been to one since, I watch it on the box and thats it but prefer going to the local league. I would rather go watch PHOS play on a Saturday arvo than go to the AFL. You are not arguing with a crows supporter here you are talking with someone who actually enjoys true local footy something 90% of your manufactured supporter base knows nothing off or havent been exposed to. To say that Port Maqgpies supporters are the only people in SA to have this you are a total goose.

If the SANFL had got off the teat of the AFL in 1990 and restructured your comp to live within its means instead of behaving like a vampire who had just been given the keys to the blood bank, you and the Bays would be happily playing against PHOS by now, and we'd be happily out of each other's way.

In the fantasy world you've been living in, you don't seem to realize the whole rotting SANFL structure pre 1990 depended on the attendances of a few big clubs, transfer fees and TV rights (keeping VFL/AFL out of prime time) as much as on the good work of volunteers - and that since 1990 the SANFL has been completely dependent on the AFL teat and behaved like it.

While you're busting your gut volunteering, etc, your infamous club president lives the high life, your club pays players 2x the total cap a WAFL club pays, and none of it is sustainable without the stadium deals that raped both the ignorant Crows and the all-too-conscious Port. Oh and your beloved SANFL administration there at West Lakes managed the amazing but completely unsurprising feat of ripping your own clubs off as well as ripping the AFL clubs off - by gifting the Crows 20 years x $2 million dollars rent. Well you can't get that money back but they could have the decency to charge the bloody soulless Crow corporation something annually for West Lakes going forward now that you're on your own financially.

If you weren't on the AFL teat (advantaging the lucky SANFL clubs) the SANFL comp could have evolved to have some kind of promotion/relegation to A1, etc and there would be a neat, unified grass roots footy structure. But nah, can't have *change*. Can't *evolve*. Can't *grow*. Can't possibly become a feeder league to a bigger league, our fat club execs might have to curb their spending. Can't possibly let Port share in any of the assets they did more to build than any other club, lets steal that too. Can't possibly have to run a professional footy club like every other bloody professional club in every other bloody professional sport in the world is run, cuz we iz different, we iz sarf'stralyn, we iz sanflgrassroots.

"Just get out of our bloody way" is what Port people have been saying since 1990.

As for how many Port fans have seen a SANFL game, thank you for noticing how much younger our crowds are than the Crows' crowds. I grew up watching Port vs Norwood draw 10k-20k every bloody time in the 70s and 80s, and watching Port play in finals in front of 25k-50k with the vast majority of the crowd on our side. I think you would be very surprised at the high % of Port people at the first Showdown at Adelaide oval that had been to a few SANFL games. We know where we started, we know it still has a role to play, and we know it isn't the same place anymore.

Shame you don't seem to be able to accept that change in your status. Why are you even here ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol this thread is gold..
Cant believe some of the s**t I'm reading on here... but like many have said already. F the SNAFL, F Glenelg and F everyone else... they bought it all apon themselves...

grassrootsfooty and his mentality is exactly the reason Glenelg are a loser club, with a loser mentality, an inability to win grand finals and a grand tally of 4 premierships.

Keep aspiring for success!!!

Lol this thread is gold..
Cant believe some of the s**t I'm reading on here... but like many have said already. F the SNAFL, F Glenelg and F everyone else... they bought it all apon themselves...

Lol

Totally agree, F the Crows F Port Adelaide F the AFL. Go take your bat and Ball and play in your own league. And yes the SANFL have received income for the past 14 yaers from the Crows and the Power. You do actually realise they did own the licences so why not. How they got the licences could be disputed and I think I am on your side, Im not defending them over that, but this is why they received the income.

I dont care if the SANFL receive less $, they will always be there, even in a reduced format, the league will not vanish schulzenfest. As I said previously, I'm happy to watch it, Im happy to watch PHOS in amatuers or the Winnies in SFL. But understand the AFL will not let the local league vanish they have too much at stake in their Corporate empire to have any local league dissappear. The sooner you realise its about the $ and its structure you will realise you are all but a franchise. As the AFL looks to follow the American system. Can someone tell me how a team like the New York Giants can be relocated to San Francisco with all those loyal and passionate New Yorkers, same has altready happened in the AFL with a proud club like Fitzroy and South Melbourne. Who knows what they will want to do with Port Adelaide or the Crows in 25 years time. The wheel turns.

As for the contradiction between Helenbeee saying that the Port Adelaide football club is more than pastime or a weekend sport its a lifestyle, then ozp1870 saying that the 50000 supporters are all true supporters but its just football and I should grow up about being a passionate supporter.

It comes down to what we believe in our footy clubs. Port Adelaide have no more passionate supporters than any other club. When your playing the game and you get your medical staff, who works as a plumber during the day, then works at the club doing ultrsound or massages till 7.30 3 or 4 times a week and weekends for free, it makes BARRACKERS of football clubs look insignificant. Or volunteering to Umpire kids footy (which I have done) for your club or cooking the BBQ, you so called true die hard wanna be supporters dont even rate. Noone can convince me otherwise and nor should I listen to your *******.

The reason I bring this true supporter issue up, is thats all I ******** hear from Port Supporters about their club are they are more passionate and have a true club, well guess what, 99% of you are just looking for football as entertainment its not a lifestyle like Helenbeee said. As for having a go at the crows supporters and I am definetly not defending them, they would have as many if not more real football supporters who have done the hard yards volunterring in clubs than Port Adelaide supporters, not because they are any better there is more of them from different areas around adelaide and country. So get of your ******** high horse and stop thinking you are a true passionate supporter and any other club is insignificant. If the truth is out there its the other way round.

I apologize to that 1% who read this who have done the crappy jobs and put in their time to make football clubs and leagues the big sport it is. But to the other 99% which include a large portion debating with me on here go get ****** you have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this what BF is about? Can posters abuse other posters using plenty of f***** to shadow the real abusive words? I prefer to read a holisitc debate.

grassrootsfooty has come into this thread to mildly throw mud at Port after his club lost in a big way and he's received an onslaught of deflamatory comments which has escalated into abuse.

grassrootsfooty ... come on and make a debate and stick to it without letting emotions drag you down into a pit of abuse. Be willing to debate rather than throw mud. Be mature about how you put your point of view across and be willng to have an open mind to some good truths about Port.

Honestly, you've made some statements that are just ridiculous, too many for me to be bothered to sift through but to believe that Port is a corporation with no volunteers and has no club traits is blind. Every AFL club must be a multi-million corporation to succeed but I give credit to my club being able to practice many of the typical club behaviours and keep its connection to the common supporter.

The debate has moved on other tangents and I've forgotten what your initial points were? What motivated you to make a comment in this thread?

Is this what BF is about? Can posters abuse other posters using plenty of f***** to shadow the real abusive words? I prefer to read a holisitc debate.

grassrootsfooty has come into this thread to mildly throw mud at Port after his club lost in a big way and he's received an onslaught of deflamatory comments which has escalated into abuse.

grassrootsfooty ... come on and make a debate and stick to it without letting emotions drag you down into a pit of abuse. Be willing to debate rather than throw mud. Be mature about how you put your point of view across and be willng to have an open mind to some good truths about Port.

Honestly, you've made some statements that are just ridiculous, too many for me to be bothered to sift through but to believe that Port is a corporation with no volunteers and has no club traits is blind. Every AFL club must be a multi-million corporation to succeed but I give credit to my club being able to practice many of the typical club behaviours and keep its connection to the common supporter.

The debate has moved on other tangents and I've forgotten what your initial points were? What motivated you to make a comment in this thread?

I made the comment to a Collingwood supporter, who wanted to follow an SANFL Club , I made these comments last week. Then a poster this week wanted to give me crap over the bays getting flogged get it right lad.

Does the truth hurt about the AFL corporation

Lol

No hurt on this end. You are reading into my response incorrectly. Each AFL club has to reach the corporate level but credit to my club for continuing to practice the traits of being a club. The outer army group support the whole club as a whole and their easiest most effective way to lend their helping hand is at Alberton. They can't do it at AAMI or AO. They're a group of very mature men you know. That's the club side of Port. Then there are the volunteers that placed 30000 t-shirts at the first AO home game. I just think that you're not looking deeply enough into the club to really appreciate what goes on. If you have a valid point to make I won't let your allegiance blind me from accepting it, how about you?

Does the truth hurt about the AFL corporation\

Ah yes, it hurts so very much. Watching my team beat our arch-rivals at the beautiful Adelaide Oval in a crowd of 50,000+ was one of the most painful experiences of my life. Oh, how I wish I could head down to my team's completely uncorporate suburban ground Glenelg Oval Gliderol Stadium with maybe 2,000 fans on a good day to watch local footballers who grew up in the suburbs dreaming of playing for Glenelg like Mitch Thorp, Sam Lonergan and Aaron Joseph.

Ah yes, it hurts so very much. Watching my team beat our arch-rivals at the beautiful Adelaide Oval in a crowd of 50,000+ was one of the most painful experiences of my life. Oh, how I wish I could head down to my team's completely uncorporate suburban ground Glenelg Oval Gliderol Stadium with maybe 2,000 fans on a good day to watch local footballers who grew up in the suburbs dreaming of playing for Glenelg like Mitch Thorp, Sam Lonergan and Aaron Joseph.

As opposed to how Ollie Wines dreamed about playing for Port, oh sorry he cried when in found out in horror, Thats ok he luvs ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's only one thing you need to know about Glenelg. Port Adelaide have won more grand finals against Glenelg than Glenelg have won grand finals.

John Cahill, Mark Williams, Greg Phillips, Bruce Abernethy, Nathan Buckley, Russell Johnston and Stephen Bomber Clifford are all Port Adelaide greats who have shared time with Collingwood.

Come aboard the Magpies, get yourself a three game AFL membership and watch Collingwood play Port and Port play AFL teams that are your sworn enemy as a Collingwood supporter. You get to barrack for the Power in 2/3 games and as Meatloaf sang two out of three aint bad. :thumbsu:
Glenelg hasn't beaten Port in a grand final since 1934, and after their "effort" last Sunday at Alberton, Graham Cornes will become Port's number one ticket holder before the Bays beat us again :)

As opposed to how Ollie Wines dreamed about playing for Port, oh sorry he cried when in found out in horror, Thats ok he luvs ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He changed his tune once he realised what a great club he's at - that's why he just signed on for another two years........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back