Changes Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
another loss another popular topic. I have Moloney in for this and McGuane missing, not sure on his situation.

Rookie upgrade news ?

Out : Aish (rested), Golby, Gardiner, Paparone, McGuane
In : Crisp, Green, Merrett, Polkinghorne, Bourke

Too line up like this

Bourke - Merrett - Clarke
Cutler - Patful - Adcock
Zorko - Rockliff - Mayes
Bewick - Paine - Taylor
Green - Brown - Lisle
West - Moloney - Redden

Lester - Robertson - Polkinghorne

Crisp

Long break so I think I'd wait and see with Aish, same with McGuane and Moloney too. See how they pull up and assess from there. I think all 3 of those players (obviously Moloney) make the side better when fit. Aish as sub is a possibility and I wouldn't mind it.

Merrett in for Lisle seems fairly obvious to me. Wouldn't mind Lisle having another crack later on but at the moment it's just not working.

I think Gardiner did well for a debutant playing on a very tough, smaller opponent so I'd give him another crack. I don't see the worth in blooding Bourke or another defender so soon after Gardiner either.

Keen to see how the ressies go Sunday before making too many more calls but I think Paparone might be due for a couple of games in the ressies, has done pretty well but struggled to influence the game last night. I wouldn't mind seeing how Polkinghorne goes trying that link-up role (or else him coming in allows another player to be released, either way). Think we need to give him a game to see where he's at in the seniors moving forward and the experience helps.

Green has to come back in too and I think Golby is the one to go out for him. Let Cutler and even Taylor rotate through the half-back flank, or another mid. He's just had a fair run of very poor performances and needs to cool off and assess what's going wrong. Harwood is a definitely possibility to come back in if he has a good game in the 2s but that he'd have to make his performance worthy of dropping someone else.

I like Brown playing up the ground and Paine deeper as it was last night. Paine has issues, Bewick does too, but I think they're the best options. Whenever Ash gets back I'd bring him in for Bewick if his form doesn't pick up.

Seems obvious Maguire and Raines won't be picked unless they're the only options. Will assume Staker is still up in the air.

Otherwise, thought the young blokes all did well so don't see the need to drop any of them. This game is somewhat winnable if we come to play and we need one. The rest period should hopefully help. The line-up still seems a little tall but we saw glimpses of what it can do last night.

So for now:

OUT: Lisle, Paparone, Golby
IN: Merrett, Polkinghorne, Green

Pending ressies for Polkinghorne and pending a test after the rest for Aish/Moloney/McGuane.

It really depends on who is available, our three worst players last night where Patfull, Golby and Isle.have also been amongst out three worst all year. Where the right players are available to come in these guys should head back to the ressies.

In Merrett Green
Out isle Golby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Moloney is unfit or dropped I wouldn't mind O'Brien being elevated. They seem like similar players and it'd be good to give him a taste.

Also Green as handy as he is in the midfield needs to play forward. We need someone who can crumb a couple of goals a game and add some forward pressure.

Golby was putrid. Started forward presumably to apply some defensive pressure and laid one tackle the whole night. Very first contest he was involved in he put in a half-arsed chase and just watched his opponent waltz out of our forward 50.

But the biggest spud of the night was without doubt McGuane. For a 100-game player to touch the pill just four times and not lay a single tackle is inexcusable. If that's the best he could offer in his first game for his new club — playing against his old side — then I'd prefer we get games into one of young talls than continue wasting a spot on him.

But the biggest spud of the night was without doubt McGuane. For a 100-game player to touch the pill just four times and not lay a single tackle is inexcusable. If that's the best he could offer in his first game for his new club — playing against his old side — then I'd prefer we get games into one of young talls than continue wasting a spot on him.

In his defense, he was clearly on one leg.

It will be great to have the 2 ranga's return against the Saints! Merrett and Green should improve the side both defensively and offensively.

I'm glad you were kind enough to give them a name :p

Anyways, Lisle can * off, and this is coming from me.. His biggest fan

That's saying something

Then he shouldn't have played!

We should have had another 18/19 year old in then? Or yet another if we kept Moloney out like we should have? I agree, but obviously Leppa and both of those players decided that it was worth having a senior voice out there instead.

You cannot blame an injured player for not being at their best.

MacGuane Really looked like a player that had been rushed back from Injury. I reckon he has a lot to bring to the side, he just needs to get fit.

I dont think Gardiner will get dropped either as leppa seems to have an affinity for giving debutantes a few consecutive games to show their wares (which I am all for)

Leppa said post match that Moloney as a sub was a result of the short break and not much recovery time. So considering that we have an 8 day break I think he will also be playing next week.

At this point in Time these are my proposed changes, however, I will likely change them once I see an updated injury list.

Out: Lisle, MacGuane, Golby

In: Green, Harwood, Merret

We should have had another 18/19 year old in then? Or yet another if we kept Moloney out like we should have? I agree, but obviously Leppa and both of those players decided that it was worth having a senior voice out there instead.

You cannot blame an injured player for not being at their best.

If experience was the issue, a healthy Goose would have been of far more value than an injured McGuane.

Shocking selection decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see too many changes, think we played a little tall on the weekend though.
Hopefully Harwood has a blinder in the ressies but i see the ins an outs going like this
Out: Golby Lisle Gardiner
In: Green, Merret, Harwood

I'll wait until i see who's available after Tuesdays injury report. Too early to tell who's fit and who's not, McGuane clearly didn't look fit.

Golby actually had a couple of beautiful, spearing kicks last night. Can't see him being dropped for anyone but Harwood. We're light on for small defenders.

We are 0 and 5. Time to swing the changes Leppa.

Out: Lisle (omitted), Patfull, (omitted), Golby (omitted),
Paparone (rest & hit the gym), McGuane (underdone)
In: Merrett, McGuire, Harwood, Crisp, Green

McGuire - Merrett - Adcock
Lester- Clarke - Cutler
Aish - Rockliff - Mayes
Zorko - Brown - Crisp
Green - Paine - Bewick

Followers
West, Robertson, Redden

Interchange
Harwood, Gardiner, Taylor, Maloney

I didn't think he even played in defence last night.

Yeah but we need that option. The way Jed's been throwing his body around as well who knows what might happen to him.

Hating Golby clearly still the flavour of the month. Could think of ten players worse than him last night. He's a bit rusty, but is an important player and one I'd still be surprised to see dropped. If he was, I reckon it'd only be for a week or two just to get some confidence back before being brought straight back in.

Had a foundation member sitting next to me last night, and he said 'funny thing is, how I'm feeling about Lisle now a few games into his swap to being a defender is exactly how I felt about Leppa a few games into his transition'. So I'm happy to be a bit more patient with him. Merrett will obviously replace him or Gardiner though.

I reckon keep Aish for one more, there is a decent break between games, albeit travelling to NZ. Give him the vest.

Out : Golby, Lisle, McGuane
In : Crisp, Green, Merrett

Too line up like this

Gardiner - Merrett - Patfull
Cutler - Clarke - Adcock
Zorko - Rockliff - Mayes
Paparone - Paine - Taylor
Green - Brown - Bewick
West - Moloney - Redden

Lester - Robertson - Crisp

Aish

Status