QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Pine Rivers weren't clinical enough should have killed the contest by half time. Ipswich had lacked shape and a game plan, not sure but I recon it was really hot out there. But most of all the burger I had was a diasater

So the game was s**t because of your burger? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As upsetting as the burger was, I recon both teams are much more capable of playing better football and they probably will play much better as the season wears on.

As upsetting as the burger was, I recon both teams are much more capable of playing better football and they probably will play much better as the season wears on.

If we looked hard enough I'm sure we could find evidence to link quality of burgers to quality of football observed while eating them.

If we looked hard enough I'm sure we could find evidence to link quality of burgers to quality of football observed
while eating them.
There should be an AFLQ investigation...Players taking cheapshots, teams playing terribly or umpires making howlers are part & parcel of footy, but to get a burger wrong??? This is one of the lowest moments the QAFA (A) may ever be subjected to...
Mighty Pirates how about sending someone around to the grounds to educate the art of gameday grills?

travelled up to see redcliffe v park ridge on saturday

from what i saw both were pretty handy.

Park ridge had some light framed players who were very nimble and i don't think i saw the number 22? get tackled once. number 19 was tearing it apart in the first quarter and a half. redcliffe chucked a tagger (one of their many ginger fellows #6) did a tremendous job of negating his influence.

redcliffe very well drilled. had a game plan and stuck to it and never panicked when the pirates threatened.

i think if pirates put a strong finish to the year they will push top 5

Ah, finally back in town at Last. I see the Admin have been rearranging deck chairs to justify their wages to the AFL hierachy. What happened to the silvertails? Are they up against better clubs in this new division, or have a lot of their explayers realised the Buffs are a shite club? I think I will sit back and enjoy looking at the ladder and cant wait for weekly match scores in the Buffs games.;)

Yeah UnBiassed, we weren't as good as we could have been but put up a fight and have a bit of talent to make the most of yet.... I may have to tell the BBQ Crew they are in demand? Maybe an on-line demo so people can get their burgers right? For those who want to sample one, we are playing Ipswich on the Sunday of ANZAC Day weekend so you should get down for a World Famous Pirate Burger!! ;)

Hay Mighty any chance of the pirates winning another game for the year ?

The burgers should be the least of your worries,

I was really hoping for big thing out of the your camp this year , but so far not much has changed other then the name and the jumper .

think your change needs to start at the top , playing group seem to be very talented but lack direction .

Long time reader, first time poster, bet you can't guess which club I'm tied up with!

Hay Mighty any chance of the pirates winning another game for the year ?

The burgers should be the least of your worries,

I was really hoping for big thing out of the your camp this year , but so far not much has changed other then the name and the jumper .

think your change needs to start at the top , playing group seem to be very talented but lack direction .

Curious as to how many of our games you have seen this year Hoff? Yes results haven't gone our way so far this year, but considering we've played two finalists from last year, Redcliffe who came back down, and Moorooka who are widely tipped to go deep into the finals this year, and have managed to push all bar 1 of them, I'd say there's been some fair improvement on previous years!

Hey Hoff, yes we will be certain to win more games this year... New group coming together, starting to click but more improvement needed. Also new lights to be flicked on next week so some better training and we should start the march...

From what I've seen this year, your footy is on the improve and wins are just around the corner, but dont get caught up justifying yourself to these tossers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a rep game coming up in June against Nth Qld and the Sth Qld side to comprise of players from QFA, QAFA, Darling Downs and Wide Bay anyone think our comp will have any players involved?

Big game this week! The Red Lions & the Roosters! A tight result would be great for the comp, but that should depend on contested footy. From what I've heard UQ prefer 'bruise-free' footy And Moorooka are caught between spreading & stoppages...some youth & run in both teams but a few more 'seasoned competitors' in the Roosters line-up... I'll take UQ by 6 goals

I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the idea Dee.

I would be very surprised if AFLQ didn't look to bring in atleast 1 maybe 2 players from this division purely from an equality and exposure perspective.

In fact I would be willing to bet your left nut they do.

To pick 1 squad from QFA Nth, Sth, QAFA A,B etc, Darling Downs & Wide Bay? Is that around 24-26 players selected from 50-60 teams? Not sure how deep the selectors will search....

For those not having a run on SUNDAY, we have Ipswich at home so feel free to come along for a bit of community footy!! We will also have a service of sorts to honor our Anzacs... I know Swoopa will be down for a world famous pirate burger!! ;)

For those not having a run on SUNDAY, we have Ipswich at home so feel free to come along for a bit of community footy!! We will also have a service of sorts to honor our Anzacs... I know Swoopa will be down for a world famous pirate burger!! ;)
I can't mate, I'm on a Low Carb Diet....

... Nothing but Pure Blondes and Carlton Drys for me.

Logan by 10 goals. Beenleigh's results so far have been terrible. They look to be the weakest team in the comp.
Pine Rivers by 4 goals. Should be confident on the road after an away win against Ipswich.
Griffith Moorooka by 4 goals. Should be too physical for UQ.
Ipswich by 2 goals. Will run Park Ridge down in the last quarter, like they almost did to Pine Rivers.

Logan by 46 points - Beenleigh should find enough effort through spite to stop a 100 point drubbing
Pine Rivers by 30 points - even if a few don't travel they should still have enough quality
UQ by 36 points - Griffith may be stronger in the contest but don't think it'll be a congested game
Ipswich by 21 points - this will be a real contest but the Eagles to have a better 2nd half

Logan by 10 goals. Beenleigh's results so far have been terrible. They look to be the weakest team in the comp.
Pine Rivers by 4 goals. Should be confident on the road after an away win against Ipswich.
Griffith Moorooka by 4 goals. Should be too physical for UQ.
Ipswich by 2 goals. Will run Park Ridge down in the last quarter, like they almost did to Pine Rivers.
Axel - not sure what you have seen of the UQ seniors this season but to suggest that they will not be able to mix it with the physicality of the Roosters boys surprises me just a little. Their hit out against Carrara was as hard and tough as I have seen in many years and they weathered the storm really really well. Please don't be deceived by the fact that they rarely whinge or hit back!!
Anyway ...............maybe I will be forced to eat humble pie. Either way its going to be cracking viewing at Fort 7 on Saturday afternoon!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back