QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I like watching good teams! today I watched a very average half of football and left at half time, carrara are dirty second to the ball and dont understand the rules ! wont watch them again this season ! uni were ok but not top 3 IMO.

I like watching good teams! today I watched a very average half of football and left at half time, carrara are dirty second to the ball and dont understand the rules ! wont watch them again this season ! uni were ok but not top 3 IMO.

Wet conditions made for a pretty scrappy contest, I don't think you can read too much into either team from yesterday.

Wet conditions made for a pretty scrappy contest, I don't think you can read too much into either team from yesterday.

it rained in the reserve grade game (heavily yes) but not for long players could still bounce the ball, it shouldn't have played to much of a role. I like uni they deserve success and I hope they had a one of yesterday . lucky they were playing a team that preferred to abuse each other and hit late . I lost alot of respect for them yesterday! not that my opinion matters.

it rained in the reserve grade game (heavily yes) but not for long players could still bounce the ball, it shouldn't have played to much of a role. I like uni they deserve success and I hope they had a one of yesterday . lucky they were playing a team that preferred to abuse each other and hit late . I lost alot of respect for them yesterday! not that my opinion matters.

It was a pretty heavy downpour... even though it stopped raining by the time we started the ground was thoroughly already soaked by then. The football was heavy and slippery all afternoon. Not trying to change your opinion on us, hopefully through the season we can keep up what we've been working on and let our action on the field do the talking.

I don't agree that Carrara were grubby or anything. When it's wet and scrappy there's always going to be some solid physical contests. The umpires sure copped some abuse though!

You are a hard marker old mate. I ran the boundary and from what I saw the seniors was a pretty hard and ferocious hit out from both sides in pretty greasy conditions - bit of unnecessary stuff going down off the ball but, in all, not too bad.
Massive improvement from Carrara from last year. Anyone who writes them off as easy beats at either level should do so at their own peril.
We had a good side on the park for the ressies game - don't let the score board fool you because we had to work really really hard to get the biscuits come the final siren.
Thanks to the Saints players and management for a great day out. Looking forward to seeing you at Oval 7 - now that we can use it!!

like I said I left at half time the game may have improved. I did see the saints in round 1 and rated them but opinions change, I hope for the sake of the competition they have improved . I really need to get a job so I dont feel like a serial footy pest I'd hate for someone to call me a "footy ****".

I did see a couple of people there yesterday in opposition club gear . good to see people doing there homework.

pine rivers could go through without another loss for the season I will say there the favs at $1.01 .

like I said I left at half time the game may have improved. I did see the saints in round 1 and rated them but opinions change, I hope for the sake of the competition they have improved . I really need to get a job so I dont feel like a serial footy pest I'd hate for someone to call me a "footy ****".

I did see a couple of people there yesterday in opposition club gear . good to see people doing there homework.

pine rivers could go through without another loss for the season I will say there the favs at $1.01 .

Pine rivers are doing well. 1 bye. 1 loss. And smashed 2 struggling teams. $1.01? Maybe $10.01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new on here so what I've gathered so far....

Griffith Moorooka- Flag Faves after beating redcliffe?
Park Ridge - Written off as a struggling team after one "big" loss to what i believe to be the scariest team in the competition Pine Rivers
Logan - Will only win with milligan?
Ipswich - are to inconsistant to tip
UQ - Traveling away from the bottom of the ladder after a very strong pre-season
Redcliffe- up until saturday were flag faves
Pine Rivers - very scary with the list at full strength
Beenleigh - Rebuilding list and culture

my gathering from the forum.
Thoughts?....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute classic Troy
new on here so what I've gathered so far....

Griffith Moorooka- Flag Faves after beating redcliffe?
Park Ridge - Written off as a struggling team after one "big" loss to what i believe to be the scariest team in the competition Pine Rivers
Logan - Will only win with milligan?
Ipswich - are to inconsistant to tip
UQ - Traveling away from the bottom of the ladder after a very strong pre-season
Redcliffe- up until saturday were flag faves
Pine Rivers - very scary with the list at full strength
Beenleigh - Rebuilding list and culture

my gathering from the forum.
Thoughts?....
Any wager on Last?

Carrara or Logan ?

Beenleigh? percentage of 20 and only scoring 112 points in 3 games suggests they might struggle. hopefully the younger guys get used to the bigger bodies and post a couple of wins

UQ - depends on injuries in the top division
Pine Rivers - see how they travel
Griffith Moorooka- injuries may test their depth
Redcliffe- Unknown
Park Ridge - injuries and a long season may tax them
Ipswich - not enough games to tell yet
Logan - Depends on milligan and a few others that are out of form and not fit
Carrara -
Beenleigh -

UQ - depends on injuries in the top division
Pine Rivers - see how they travel
Griffith Moorooka- injuries may test their depth
Redcliffe- Unknown
Park Ridge - injuries and a long season may tax them
Ipswich - not enough games to tell yet
Logan - Depends on milligan and a few others that are out of form and not fit
Carrara -
Beenleigh -

Griffith moorooka -speaking to a guy over the weekend who plays for them he suggested they had 5 starting senior players out on the weekend i would say there depth held up.

pine river- when colvin fires almost anything is possible but the travel is going to be there big hit !

beenleigh - young and small .

carrara - inconsistent and loosing there ruck and league medal winner has shown its hurting them .

ipswich - ever so quiet . could be a darky they didnt get pants against redcliffe and they beat logan so maybe sitting waiting to jump could be a year away .

redcliffe- will win at home and beat the teams there supposed to beat but cant see them being to big a threat.

park ridge - ship has sunk maybe, loosing some quality players with injurys and are very young but will improve and keep ticking boxes.

Logan- I thought people on here would have learnt that 1 man doesnt win a flag or logan would have won 2010, 2011, 2012 .

the page is up and about its good value keep it up guys ! makes for a good read .

Griffith moorooka -speaking to a guy over the weekend who plays for them he suggested they had 5 starting senior players out on the weekend i would say there depth held up.

pine river- when colvin fires almost anything is possible but the travel is going to be there big hit !

carrara - inconsistent and loosing there ruck and league medal winner has shown its hurting them .

ipswich - ever so quiet . could be a darky they didnt get pants against redcliffe and they beat logan so maybe sitting waiting to jump could be a year away .

redcliffe- will win at home and beat the teams there supposed to beat but cant see them being to big a threat.

park ridge - ship has sunk maybe, loosing some quality players with injurys and are very young but will improve and keep ticking boxes.

Logan- I thought people on here would have learnt that 1 man doesnt win a flag or logan would have won 2010, 2011, 2012 .

the page is up and about its good value keep it up guys ! makes for a good read .

i think what Smithy was trying to say with the depth is that is all well and good to have a side win in the ones but get absolutely demoralized in the 2's.

although 5 may not have played we all have those 2 or 3 players in our sides that if get injured or move away can affect the whole dynamic of a side.

also agree redcliffe will be strong at home, interesting to see how they fair on the road. wouldnt want to be them traveling to carrara on a sunday!!

How many of these teams have you actually seen play?

i think what Smithy was trying to say with the depth is that is all well and good to have a side win in the ones but get absolutely demoralized in the 2's.

although 5 may not have played we all have those 2 or 3 players in our sides that if get injured or move away can affect the whole dynamic of a side.

also agree redcliffe will be strong at home, interesting to see how they fair on the road. wouldnt want to be them traveling to carrara on a sunday!!
Spot on
and the only teams I have not seen are Beenleigh and Carrara

Sunday June 1st Carrara vs Redcliffe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll provide another 2c worth of 'IMO' nonsense:
Beenleigh - huge list turnover, would really benefit from some on-field education ie Morro/Buzz etc.. Can't go on forever granted.
Carrara - have a good team-based game mentality, need 3 or 4 match-winners.
G.Moorooka - have built a winning culture, but may undo
that by going for 'the kill' too
early.
Ipswich - high talent/high risk,
find a 'go to list of basics
under pressure' & they'll do
well.
Logan - time to drop the 'give
it to Mill tag' & upskill the
bottom 9.. perennial
underachievers.
Park Ridge - recruitment pool
issues, Masters or Juniors -
once club established fully,
mid-range age recruits, they
can threaten.
Pine Rivers - playing all aces
early, very good hand. Travel
may test but finals beckon &
full list very, very capable of
silverware.
Redcliffe - slow starters,
marathon not a sprint, 08' &
12' show the 2nd half of the
season is worth more than a
loss or two early.
UQ - Better selection process
this year, opposition sides may
yet regret questioning their
team sheets, have depth.

Thoughts on this weekend? Logan-Carrara should be a pretty tight game. Having played both sides I think it'll come down to the last quarter. Ippy-Pine Rivers and Redcliffe-Park Ridge should answer a few more questions too about where those sides are at. But that's stating the obvious :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back