Rumour Reported interest in Jarryn Geary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hun is now saying we could be interested in Jarryn Geary from the Saints

Geelong

Corey Enright

The Cats are travelling nicely and the only question is whether Corey Enright plays on in 2015. If he does, you can bet it will be in blue and white hoops. The Cats have had some major success in the free agency market and are looking to land another big fish this season. Reports suggest the Cats are chasing St Kilda’s Jarryn Geary to strengthen their backline.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...geted-by-geelong/story-fn69a32t-1227001608762

Would be handy and is in the mid age bracket 24-28 of which we a lacking

The Cats are travelling nicely and the only question is whether Corey Enright plays on in 2015. If he does, you can bet it will be in blue and white hoops. The Cats have had some major success in the free agency market and are looking to land another big fish this season. Reports suggest the Cats are chasing St Kilda’s Jarryn Geary to strengthen their backline.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...geted-by-geelong/story-fn69a32t-1227001608762

Since when was Jarryn Geary a 'big fish'?

Oh, he's a free agent? Ok, we need him then.

Has had some big games for the Saints, perhaps a bit of a front runner, but reckon he'd do ok with us...

But yes, as per above, not quite convinced he is a "big fish".

If he came for 3 years @ 350-400k, I'd be ok with that...

Has had some big games for the Saints, perhaps a bit of a front runner, but reckon he'd do ok with us...

But yes, as per above, not quite convinced he is a "big fish".

If he came for 3 years @ 350-400k, I'd be ok with that...
I'm glad some of you guys aren't looking after my money. Saw someone would be happy paying Frawley $600K in another thread, $350-400K for Geary in this thread. Throwing it around like it is confetti. Doesn't leave much room in the cap for our top 15 players...

I'm glad some of you guys aren't looking after my money. Saw someone would be happy paying Frawley $600K in another thread, $350-400K for Geary in this thread. Throwing it around like it is confetti. Doesn't leave much room in the cap for our top 15 players...

Average wage in the AFL is about 300k now, is it not? You want to get a FA, you pay overs... If the club has identified him as a talent that could help our group, and he is happy to come across for that coin, why not?

Average wage in the AFL is about 300k now, is it not? You want to get a FA, you pay overs... If the club has identified him as a talent that could help our group, and he is happy to come across for that coin, why not?
We don't get 20% CoLA at Geelong...

(To answer your question, the average AFL salary is $250K, and I think it is generous to classify Geary as an 'average' footballer)

Granted not overly familiar with Geary, but if he is primarily a stopper id rather see Bews put to the sword with a run of games.

Bews is hard, cheaper, knows the system, cheaper, more motivated as no one really gives him a chance to make it, is fast, cheaper, already here, cheaper and has the skills to do it well.

And cheaper.

Go Catters

Granted not overly familiar with Geary, but if he is primarily a stopper id rather see Bews put to the sword with a run of games.

Bews is hard, cheaper, knows the system, cheaper, more motivated as no one really gives him a chance to make it, is fast, cheaper, already here, cheaper and has the skills to do it well.

And cheaper.

Go Catters

I think you forgot one thing Daz....

He's cheaper.

And regarding Geary. He takes salary cap money. Please show me one person that would like to see Salary Cap money spent on Geary that could be offered, with the leadership groups consent of course, on Dangerfield.

If I get one yes that is not a piss take i'd be shocked.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hun is now saying we could be interested in Jarryn Geary from the Saints

Geelong

Corey Enright

Also says we might be looking at Shaun Higgins? Cause we need another proven injury prone player on our list...

If we are going to have a new thread for every player the Hun and SEN say we are interested in between now and trade week/month I'll have to get me some more Rams for this computer.

Or replace my cup holder disc thingy

Is Geary worth chasing? Can't say I've seen much of him but my perception is that he'd lucky to be anything more than just an average player.
Leadership is good can't question that, hard at the ball, an OK stopper down back but a really average kick.

From what i've heard St Kilda aren't fussed if he leaves because we find him easily replaceable which IMO is on the money.

350 - 400k? Excuse me?

Geary is the definition of a average depth player.

Style is similar to T. Hunt, and they are about the same in quality.

I would be astounded if these rumours were true..

1. He wouldn't even make our 22.

2. Bews, Thurlow are not only better for the future, they both have more talent than Geary!

Would be an absolute list clogger, we don't need more depth, we need more quality.

I would be focusing on Frawley (and Dangerfield for 2015) as these players would actually make us a better team.

Leadership is good can't question that, hard at the ball, an OK stopper down back but a really average kick.

From what i've heard St Kilda aren't fussed if he leaves because we find him easily replaceable which IMO is on the money.
Didn't he finish 4th in your B&F LAST YEAR!!!!

Is JG the type of guy who will look better in a better group , or is he someone who will only be another good ordinary ..and we have plenty that are close to that.

We played Sherringham several games this year , not do anything that wrong but it was obvious he was not up to pushing into the regulars. At his age , I do question why he was played instead of others. Perhaps they were not fit , but Schroder deserves a serious group of games and he we are looking at FA , who, if I read it right , is a better version of Teddy.

I reckon he would be better trying to a mature body to GWS , they have the kids and just need a helping hand. Or Melb.

Also says we might be looking at Shaun Higgins? Cause we need another proven injury prone player on our list...
Rivers came to Geelong with an injury history, but no comparison to Higgins who seems to have spent more time off the park than on it in recent years. Let Carlton have him. I stopped thinking of Higgins as a "potential gun" years ago

Rivers came to Geelong with an injury history, but no comparison to Higgins who seems to have spent more time off the park than on it in recent years. Let Carlton have him. I stopped thinking of Higgins as a "potential gun" years ago
Did he break your Supercoach playing heart one too many times :p
Me too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back