Autopsy Round 18: West Coast Eagles V Richmond - Toast, Roast & Changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Could Vickery's pending suspension mean that it's time to unleash....

liam-mcbean-760x438.jpg

Mcbean?

Thomas was very good indeed.
Conditions suited.
What happens now???
What are the extent of Whacko Jacko and Whacko Ricky's injuries?
Does Thomas go straight back out?
Who else?
Does Ricky perhaps be unlucky and come back via twos? High possibility.
Big day for somebody tomorrow to grab Ty's spot.massive really because I reckon Vickery had whacked a nail in Griffs coffin up until he whacked one in Coxes instead.
If next week is dry then Thomas goes out I reckon, plus GWS so Madonna should he a massive chance if he follows up last weeks form.

Great win tonight Tigers , great guts and effort from every single one of you's

For starters if the umpires paid the freekick for the elbow this would never have happened.

You could get video from hundreds of ruck contests where blokes hit each other in the chest, that is all Vicjery was trying to do. Problem is Vickery was watching the ball so when Cox leaned over Vickerys arm went higher. They can crap on all they want about a punch but it wasn't a punch just a standard hit that is thrown in most tackles. For the poor aim 2 weeks, any more and they are just picking on Richmond.. I mean they only gave that bloke 4 weeks for choking!

This might be big Tyrone's go I reckon.
Become a hated man and feed off it.
Starting ******* whacking ***** Ty and give it to them.

Nothing like a slogging win in the wet. Great night (if we lost, it's one of the worst nights).

Couple of points.

1. Big marks to Ivan - the only bloke who could really win it in the last for West Coast was Natanui - and Maric beat him in the last quarter.
2. Deledio played his best game for a while.
3. If I saw an Under 9 playing like Houli did tonight - even in the wet - I'd pull him up and have a talk to him. Terrible. Obviously not a mud-runner.
4. Jack was good. Always presenting.
5. It's hard to say if anyone was bad - such a scrubby game with the forwards having no chance. I honestly don't know if our defence - Rance, Grimes and Batch played well or not.
6. The conditions helped Thomas, Morris and Foley.
7. Vickery out - since he'll be gone for a few weeks, go to whoever of Elton, McBean or Griffiths is chosen and say 'You get 4 weeks set in the side, replacing Vickery'. If they choose Azza Edwards I may just give up.

And one other point - why does everyone hate Priddis? Sure he's great at winning frees - but gee whiz, are there many better hard-ball extractors than him?
Agree with most points but thought houli was great tonight. Tried his guts out and was really desperate. Thought he provided a lot of drive into the forward area

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living in Perth, I don't get to see Richmond play live often. So it was very rewarding to see them knock off West Coast. It's always tough winning in Perth and for the Tigers to beat the Eagles in Perth - great effort. Also interesting to note that for the first time - Richmond have beaten the Eagles at Paterson's Stadium (Subiaco) for the second consecutive year...........once again a great effort.

As for Ty..........will probably get a few weeks. It's not a good look and he just has to cop whatever punishment he is handed. Most importantly though, Richmond fly out of Perth and back to Melbourne with the four points.

A great team effort in tough, wintery, rainy, windy conditions.

Go Tige's!!

Cheers.

Agree with most points but thought houli was great tonight. Tried his guts out and was really desperate. Thought he provided a lot of drive into the forward area
Houli's skills in the big down pour were first class. Loved his game

I'm on Foxtel. Please Eddie show it again. My god what a flog, he showed it 50 ******* times.
OK, then after King brings it up, McGuire makes a speech about how the AFL should shut it down by tomorrow (by the tribunal doing their thing) to stop all the focus on the incident.
FFS McGuire would not shut up about it. Two faced prick.

Long kicking is good football.

Football is a simple game. The worst coaches over complicate it.

Structure up. Have class players in the guts who win the ball. Go long. Win contests. Kick ball through big sticks. Sounds simple. Amazing how many games are won through simplicity.

Tommy Hafey (rest his soul) was and is still right in his philosophy to football.

It should never change.

That was a hard fought win by the Tigers = Character building. Really proud of the way they played the game, and the coaches set up the game for the conditions.

Positives

The lesser lights really played their part - Morris was exceptional in the first half. Thomas and Bachelor set the scene. Was a good defensive unit.
Cotchin's goal really deflated the Eagles. Goal of the Year contender - even in the dry !
Miles is a dead set gun. Just puts his head over the ball and runs all day. PERFECT replacement for Tuck.
Leaders were good in the last - Lids was superb, Cotch, Maric and Jack did their part. Chaplin was very good as the "goalie".
We won our fourth in a row and now we play GWS on the MCG. Making a late run for ninth.

Negatives

None really. Vickery will get weeks. Cox deserved it though.

Changes - None (except Vickery). But Jackson and Petterd would of relished the conditions tonight. Speaks volumes for our "contested footy" stat that we kept getting drilled on at the start of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back