D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we share your view on that long sleeve. umpires said he hit him after he kicked it when both the eely and sfx players involved said it was in a marking contest... they took the umpires view. go figure, vafa tribunal as useless as its afl counterparts

another funny point is the umpire also gave him a yellow card (not reportable). love it

Last edited:

Huge win for the Snakes puts them into 6th spot. Plenty of fire in the game, and a healthy dose of controversy. Some strange umpiring decisions, and some woeful behaviour.

Certainly one of the goal umpires was blind. Calling a clear goal a point, and a clear point OOB. Thankfully that didn't have an impact on the result. I'm sure there will be talk about the other incident that had a NB player black carded in the first quarter for umpire abuse. Seemed like an overreaction from the player and the umpire.

Having a look forward, it appears Albert Park should have their spot sewn up soon.

Big games coming up.
Powerhouse and SFX next week is essentially an elimination match.
RC and UHS play in two weeks, probably another all or nothing contest.

I was wrong earlier. 11 wins gets you in. 10, you'll be lucky.

Hope I'm not talking to myself.

Great round of matches this week...

SU
@ AOC - Big game for both clubs, SU could get to 2nd with a win, AOC leapfrogs into 3rd. Boy AOC have a tough run home... Swinburne, Albert Park, Blues and Emmaus. All teams in good form.
NB @ ESL - NB will either be tied for 1st or 3rd after this round. Another big game.
EP @ UHS - EP will see this as a chance to avoid relegation, UHS must win to stay in the hunt.
RC @ SM - RC should get the job done.
AP @ LTU - As per the UHS/EP game, both teams with lots to play for...
SFX @ PH - The loser will probably kiss goodbye to finals hopes... probably...

Richmond appear to be over any mid season slump they had
ESL proving to be the front runners of the comp
Swimburne possibly moving to 2nd this week could shake it up a bit

another bit of a shake up with the animals finally losing a game
just for richmonds sake, i hope they rested a lot of players, but i think we would all be lying by saying we didnt want South Mornington to win that one

Its always sad when opposition clubs get out numbered by the umpires in the rooms after the game, even more so when the ratio is 4 umpires to no players. I spose at least the club saved on 2 6 packs

another bit of a shake up with the animals finally losing a game
just for richmonds sake, i hope they rested a lot of players, but i think we would all be lying by saying we didnt want South Mornington to win that one
I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure the South Mornington have the scores wrong. I think the reserves score is the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the issues at SM? Will they still be in the VAFA next year?

Not enough players is their biggest concern. I haven't heard any rumour of a departure. They have juniors, so I suspect they need to rebuild from there.

Not enough players is their biggest concern. I haven't heard any rumour of a departure. They have juniors, so I suspect they need to rebuild from there.
i just hope things dont get too ugly for them at that small ground the blues have there this week
Off topic, based on what everyone thinks, who are some team of the year and League b&f candidates

UHS @ RC - Huge game. Biggest of the year for both sides. Big in the reserves too (1v2)
ESL @ LT - ESL should handle LT.
AOC @ AP - More important for AP than AOC?
EP @ PH - Danger game for PH who got a huge favour from LT last week, knowing they play rival AP in the last round.
SU @ SFX - Do or die for SFX.
SM @ NB - Ouch.

results were probably as expected
powerhouse could slip into the finals and Richmond at 5th is a danger team and smokey

RC is hitting form at the right time but there's a lot of footy still to come.

UHS need help to get in the six now. Apparently have had more than their share of injuries lately.

you would think last in nfl d 3 would equal going straight to d4 in the VAFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back