BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Horwood might have last laugh, in regards to the mass walk out in the off season. The main culprits, Cheep & Lobb at Doutta, sit dead last on the ladder and facing relegation to div 1 in the EDFL.

Definitely, Rick has done a fantastic job.
Good on all of those involved, regardless of circumstance that many departures is never easy to handle.

Last edited:
What's the Lions folk's opinion of Jamie Elliott and how is he going at Sunbury? I was bloody rapt he wasn't lost to footy when he got the Lemondade and Sarss from Diggers, cracking fella who has plenty to offer local footy if you ask me.

Looks like Horwood might have last laugh, in regards to the mass walk out in the off season. The main culprits, Cheep & Lobb at Doutta, sit dead last on the ladder and facing relegation to div 1 in the EDFL.
I think it says more about the standard and style of play in the edfl premier division that these boys have struggled since leaving Sunbury....Lets not forget they are both 30 year olds now and the edfl is clearly superior to the bfl, in fact the bottom teams in the edfl are probably as strong as I have ever seen in that comp...

I think it says more about the standard and style of play in the edfl premier division that these boys have struggled since leaving Sunbury....Lets not forget they are both 30 year olds now and the edfl is clearly superior to the bfl, in fact the bottom teams in the edfl are probably as strong as I have ever seen in that comp...
More or less, North Ballarat would beat a few Premier Div sides though.

More or less, North Ballarat would beat a few Premier Div sides though.
I agree, I think the depth of the edfl is what has struck me this year, with some of the bottom placed teams really serving it up to the higher ranked sides. You don't see that in many comps these days..

I think at home North Ballarat would be competitive with a number of the edfl sides. I think they could get Pacco, Marby, Doutta's and NCS.I think they would struggle away from home...

At home on a cold wintery day then maybe...

Just remember 2 of the best players from the best/2nd best team in the BFL are struggling to have an impact in the EDFL. The gap in the standard is more than substantial.

Observing and playing in a considerable amount of games from both competitions over the last couple of years I think North City in their current form would be lucky to win 2 to 3 games this season in the EDFL.

At home on a cold wintery day then maybe...

Just remember 2 of the best players from the best/2nd best team in the BFL are struggling to have an impact in the EDFL. The gap in the standard is more than substantial.

Observing and playing in a considerable amount of games from both competitions over the last couple of years I think North City in their current form would be lucky to win 2 to 3 games this season in the EDFL.
North have too many soft blokes to be competitive in a comp like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no connection with Ballarat footy at all but have taken a bit of an interest in Sebastopol wondering whether they could turn it all around. Who would be a likely partner in a merger if they looked at that option?
East Sebastopol Point Merging Dogs has a nice ring to it

What about Sebastopol??? - will they prosper or merge or vanish?

No to all 3. Will most likely continue at the level they have been for the past decade unfortunately. If they had the $$, they would need a playing coach, late 20s, preferably played VFL - high level, and can bring a handful of mates with him. (like Richardson at Marsh) That would be a start...Alot Easier said then done though

Saw them tear Bacchus Marsh a new one last week. What has been the difference since their losing streak start of the year ?
A few close losses early sapped a bit of confidence, also getting used to new coach and a few new key players, and positional moves.

Don't expect them to get close to North but will tell us if they have improved after getting beat by over 100 last time, which was Darleys last loss.

Sebastopol have sacked their coach with 3 games to go surely you would let him finish the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back