Movie Guardians of the Galaxy

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if thats gonna sell the movie to them - my wife has made it clear I'll be watching this one on my own and her cousins wife said the same thing to him when we were talking about movies earlier. These are two who generally love the Marvel movies - I'll see it but not knowing anything about the comics and going off the trailer I've got a feeling it could be a cult classic or a b-grade flop.

It's doing okay.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-shocker-guardians-galaxy-722792

Saw it at Blacktown Drive-in
( Amazingly the only one left in Sydney )
Was packed , 9.40pm session on a sunday night , speaks volumes for Marvel.

Pratt was fantastic i thought ,1st thing ( i think ) i've seen him in.
Thought Batista was hilarious - "NOTHING goes over my head.....i would CATCH IT !!!!...."
Groot was Groot
Rocket , that moment during the scene when he's drunk and his eyes well up :thumbsu:
And Zoe....well...i'm sold

Laughed hardest at Groot as they were devising an escape plan :D

" Hey....they got my dick message !! "

Last edited:
Is there a better team than the Guardians in comic book lore? Not sure if its because that's the way the characters are written in the comics, or if just the performances because I know next to nothing about GoG lore, But I feel like this is pretty hard to beat considering how perfect they all were. Great bit of casting though regardless.

Obviously a ton of fun, without necessarily blowing me away or anything. But I'm definitely all in on the sequel.

10590429_756208341104822_6422907344093552241_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it in 3D today, I don't think that 3D was necessary to enjoy the film.

Loved that dance off scene, the audience cracked up laughing at that point.

Other scenes/lines that were funny:
- the planning scene
- the messy ship/Jackson Pollock
- the prosthetic leg
- Kevin Bacon/Footloose

Liked it. Didn't love it. But pretty solid.

But it's almost time to call that climax a Marvel trope.

Didn't see that appearance by a particular character in the post-credit scene coming...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back