Remove this Banner Ad

SayWhatAgain

Club Legend
Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Manchester City FC
Another film from Marvel, trailer just released.

I know nothing of the comics about this but it looks really great.

I've watched this trailer 4 times already. The character I'm looking forward to the most is Rocket Racoon (voiced by Bradley Cooper). I have a feeling he's going to steal the show.

Each to their own though. What don't you get about it in particular?

I've got an advance screening next week of it so will let you know how it is.

Probably just don't understand the level of hype for a movie about 3rd tier (at best) characters that no one outside of a hardcore comics audience would even have heard of. Trailers not grabbing me either, especially that extended scene I posted above. It looks impressive and all but the humour just seems to fall flat or something. I mean, the human guy doing the pretend crank middle finger thing in the lineup, wtf? Also not sure about a comic relief talking racoon carrying a movie as seems to be the case here.

I'm not a big comics guy so that probably has alot to do with it (but loved Avengers so may end up liking this too lol).

Probably just don't understand the level of hype for a movie about 3rd tier (at best) characters that no one outside of a hardcore comics audience would even have heard of. Trailers not grabbing me either, especially that extended scene I posted above. It looks impressive and all but the humour just seems to fall flat or something. I mean, the human guy doing the pretend crank middle finger thing in the lineup, wtf? Also not sure about a comic relief talking racoon carrying a movie as seems to be the case here.

I'm not a big comics guy so that probably has alot to do with it (but loved Avengers so may end up liking this too lol).
Haha fair enough. Always good to see why things may not tickle peoples fancy. I really like Chris Pratt so he's a massive reason I'm keen plus the colour palette of the film is really very striking. It's two if the main reasons I'm into it. I don't really have much knowledge about them either so I'm going in blind like yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much all the trailer humour has fallen flat for me as well, but I still can't wait. If the tone is right it doesn't really matter if all the jokes hit. Sounds like they've nailed the mix of humour, action and pathos.

It's amazing.

I had the most fun watching this I've ever had in a cinema (well, since The Avengers). I think word of mouth will see GOTG as the surprise box office leader this year. The CGI is spectacular, Groot and Rocket are superb (and I really worried they would annoy me), Bautista has great comedic chops and Chris Pratt will be a superstar.

Loved it and will surely love it again soon (in 3D next time).

It's amazing.

I had the most fun watching this I've ever had in a cinema (well, since The Avengers). I think word of mouth will see GOTG as the surprise box office leader this year. The CGI is spectacular, Groot and Rocket are superb (and I really worried they would annoy me), Bautista has great comedic chops and Chris Pratt will be a superstar.

Loved it and will surely love it again soon (in 3D next time).
That's enough to get me in.

i think a lot of girls will want to see pratt shirtless

I don't know if thats gonna sell the movie to them - my wife has made it clear I'll be watching this one on my own and her cousins wife said the same thing to him when we were talking about movies earlier. These are two who generally love the Marvel movies - I'll see it but not knowing anything about the comics and going off the trailer I've got a feeling it could be a cult classic or a b-grade flop.

It's a fun movie. Not knowing all that much about the characters there wasn't that big attachment like there is for the avengers for example. But it's still a good movie. If you didn't know it was him, you'd never pick that Bradley cooper was rocket. And for the few words he says groot doesn't get annoying.

The comedy in this is great. From dialogue to the music in this, it just nails it I feel. Batista was even funny in this, he was one of my main concerns coming in to the movie, but he was great.

The credit scene sucked IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back