Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was I the only one who read that and remembered Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory eating the chewing gum and blowing up like a blueberry?
Yes.

Essendon seem very confident that the court case will go their way. Why is that?

Can someone also explain Richard Ings position? My thoughts are that as an ex CEO of ASADA he would of set (at least some of) the standards and protocols at ASADA and stand up for them. Yet is quite happy to highlight failings and have an almost pro Essendon stance.

Gee, the more I read (and that's not much nowadays) the more I understand why Vlad pulled the plug when he did. So many fingers seem to point in his direction.
This is the fundamental problem running the league as a protection racket instead of a sporting code. Eventually people will push beyond the envelope of influence of those in charge and it ends up running everyone.

I was listening to Little on SEN this morning and for the rest of the community the sad thing is that Little genuinely believes that EFC are the victims here - "so many back room going on and we just want the truth out there"

EFC are experts on back room going ons

I was listening to Little on SEN this morning and for the rest of the community the sad thing is that Little genuinely believes that EFC are the victims here - "so many back room going on and we just want the truth out there"

EFC are experts on back room going ons
How does he sleep at night? He wants the truth out there but they are taking action in court and publicly asking the government and journalists etc. to pull the pin on ASADA and forget this ever happened!!

I recently defended myself in court for running a red light. I definitely had no idea it was red as my vision was obscured by a b-double which was also blocking the oncoming traffic which means it was also safe. The magistrate in all his wisdom offered that he believed I had no intent to go through a red light but nonetheless had irrefutedly committed an act that was an infringement.
This is the crux of the issue. James Hird and Essendon as well as the players do not feel they have done anything wrong. That is the sad thing for they have a huge supporter base that they are misleading for like Amahd Saad from StKilda they did something they shouldn't. The narcissistic ego in James Hird means he can not back down from this but more importantly either should ASADA or the AFL.

My personal opinion is that someone like James Hird shoud be banned from football for ever and he should be stripped of the honours he accumulated to be only left with Tania (which is a fitting punishment). The players should be banned from playing with the players quite rightly suing both Essendon and James Hird civilly to the point of bankruptcy forcing the AFL to remove Essendon from the AFL. There is no need to replace, this will give the players the bye they want. It will also give Essendon supporters a great opportunity in their life to make a good decision and support another side. Most will of course be drawn to Carlton some to Geelong and of course some to Collingwood while a few not many but enough will join the Hawks as they have wished to for many years as they wish to support a team with honour and integrity but like their leader James Hird were unable to admit when they were wrong. (Just saying)

I heard Little on 774 yesterday trying to whitewash this whole debacle. At one point he said that it would take time, but Hird would eventually be accepted by the football community. He cited the fact that Jobe Watson was booed all last year and now has been found to have done nothing wrong. Little's capacity for deception (either self deception or deception of the public) is incredible. I nearly threw the radio out the window. Watson has not been vindicated. He admitted to taking a prohibited substance. He only escaped punishment on a technicality, but he still got the benefit of an experimental and, potentially, performance enhancing drug.

I heard Little on 774 yesterday trying to whitewash this whole debacle. At one point he said that it would take time, but Hird would eventually be accepted by the football community. He cited the fact that Jobe Watson was booed all last year and now has been found to have done nothing wrong. Little's capacity for deception (either self deception or deception of the public) is incredible. I nearly threw the radio out the window. Watson has not been vindicated. He admitted to taking a prohibited substance. He only escaped punishment on a technicality, but he still got the benefit of an experimental and, potentially, performance enhancing drug.

What about when Mark M posed the question, "when is someone going to accept responsibility?"

And little replied with the arrogant and patronising, "it would be convenient to just deliver one head to the block, wouldn't it?"

Yes it would Paul. But really your whole board and football department should be dismissed. Should have been ages.

The bullying arrogance is astonishing, only matched by the enormous capacity for self-deception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, we all want Essendon to suffer but none of us really wants them kicked out of the AFL do we? I suppose it means we can have more meaningful games against traditional rivals GWS, but I'd prefer to be pumped up to take on the scum and rip them a new one for years to come.

Why do you say that? All this bleating about "making it go away" says otherwise.

It has dragged out for almost TWO entire seasons now & I think, deep down inside, we ALL want it to just go away - but we also realise that due process also needs to be served.
Whether or not that means Hird gets a permaban from football at any level, the entire Essendon board getting the flick and/or the players are subjected to bans - we will just have to wait and see.

It has dragged out for almost TWO entire seasons now & I think, deep down inside, we ALL want it to just go away - but we also realise that due process also needs to be served.
Whether or not that means Hird gets a permaban from football at any level, the entire Essendon board getting the flick and/or the players are subjected to bans - we will just have to wait and see.
The way it's going the players will all be retired by the time we have a verdict,it's a fu.king disgrace

One question to Hird and Little: can you guarantee that the players did not receive performance enhancing drugs?
Until ASADA nail them the answer will always remain in the spin zone.

Made me chuckle.

I just went out for a smoke and found my mind pondering why it did make me chuckle so and then I realised like all the greatest gags infused with a touch of genius as they invariably are that it managed to skewer 2 victims with the one punchline and all the while being dressed up as a innocent comment.

Well played that man.

the_truth_is_out_there_by_skpltnk-d380eri.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back