News Miles thrives - Gets 2 year extension

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you rate Toby Greene? Seems they were competing for a similar spot on the list, with Toby having a bigger tank but far worse disposal? How do you reckon he will come on next year?

If you're not especially quick and not an excellent kick of the football, Toby is the guy keeping you out of the side, becase he is an absolute beast at getting the football. He'll continue to come on the same way he has (ie slowly), but his first year was insane (averaged 25 possessions from memory).

He's part of the GWS core, I think, and therefore untradeable unless he wants out.

A vid was posted a while back on here with him saying how much he looks up to miles. Who was his roommate at the time. And how much he respects choco. Not getting a game at gws. And out of contract at years end. Hopefully he nominates for pre season draft and nominates us as his club of choice. From what iv heard he is a clone of how miles plays but a bit more silky with his disposal. And he is a tallish mid which is good..

a3859645-135-Homer%20Drool.jpg

The one thing I got out of the Miles interview on the footy show was that RFC should be poaching his relation ( Uncle ?) he used over the pre season as a running / fitness coach .

Wasn't there some mention of him being an ex-olympian or comm games athlete/coach. May be dreamin but that's what I thought I heard...

The one thing I got out of the Miles interview on the footy show was that RFC should be poaching his relation ( Uncle ?) he used over the pre season as a running / fitness coach .
That's Pat Scammell. Former Olympian/Commonwealth runner. I grew up best friends with his son (who is a good cricketer I must add). Was also a professional basketball team manager for a bit too.

Yes well picked up
Great family support plus it shows the kid was a fighter and didn't give up on his dream

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ing-for-richmond/story-fni5f9jb-1227025993262

Another great article on Anthony Miles.
We wonder how can a guy be so tuff for the contest, is highlighted by his upbringing. What i really liked is that he is also a thinker that stands up for his beliefs. Even if they are different to the norm.
Tuck was a similar player that was dependable, but i think the club will benefit more from Miles career.

Great read and a really inspiring article, he's such a determined and driven individual.

Was really pleased to hear about his faith as well and how he sticks to those beliefs. Great to have that kind of diversity at the club and seems a really switched on young man.

Don't want to jump the gun but those are great leadership qualities - maybe one who might have a future in the leadership group somewhere down the track.

So does the system work that we use one of our picks in the National Draft to upgrade him full and proper to the main list?
And does this count as one of the 3 required list changes?

So does the system work that we use one of our picks in the National Draft to upgrade him full and proper to the main list?
And does this count as one of the 3 required list changes?

Good Question. I had thought he was already upgraded to the senior list but then remembered he came in due to a long term injury ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"He is averaging 24.3 disposals, 11 contested possessions, 6.6 clearances and 4.6 tackles in his 10 games, and has played a significant role in Richmond’s resurgence.

The 22-year-old is ranked eighth in the entire competition for clearances per game, and only Tiger captain Trent Cotchin has averaged more contested possessions per game at the Club (11.2 to 11)."

Happy to have him for another 2 seasons with that kind of output! :p

If you're not especially quick and not an excellent kick of the football, Toby is the guy keeping you out of the side, becase he is an absolute beast at getting the football. He'll continue to come on the same way he has (ie slowly), but his first year was insane (averaged 25 possessions from memory).

He's part of the GWS core, I think, and therefore untradeable unless he wants out.

I have watch a lot of green and need to ask, in your opinion do you consider his disposal excellent? As I would say being just average is me being kind. The kids hands are great but his kicking and hitting targets particularly 30 meters plus is really hit and miss.

I have watch a lot of green and need to ask, in your opinion do you consider his disposal excellent? As I would say being just average is me being kind. The kids hands are great but his kicking and hitting targets particularly 30 meters plus is really hit and miss.
Pretty sure that's what he's saying. :p

Absolutely. But he is so damn good at getting the ball we are currently willing to keep him in the side.

Absolutely. But he is so damn good at getting the ball we are currently willing to keep him in the side.

Thanks for that, it is why I was surprised you let Miles go, not that I am complaining. Miles matches greens ball getting ability but Miles disposal is a lot more tidy. Again, this is all hindsight as it might not have been the case when Miles was with you.

Miles certainly deserves a new contract as he has become a very important player for us in a short period of time. He has had to work very hard for a chance at saving his AFL career and now he is reaping the rewards.

I can see him becoming even more crucial to the contested make up of our midfielder later on when players like Jackson and Foley hang up the boots.

Yeah figured that may be the case. Though after miles' form someone might trade for him anyway.

I really liked what i saw from whiley on the weekend, tall inside mid and his skills were decent. Id work a trade for him rather than let another team take him in the rookie draft before us if he is delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back