Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it turns out I do have access to the turnover stats.

Or at least the answer.

Unfortunately there's going to be disappointment.

As it turns out, Danyle Pearce is 8th for turnovers.*

If you do spend your money, please let us all know any other interesting stats.

It's always difficult to apologise, but sometimes we have to.

It's probably time for an apology.

* Danyle is 1st at Freo.

Sorry Reggie.

Who's top 10 at Freo?

Who's top 10 at Freo?
I can't get that. I specifically asked about Danyle and who ranked number 1 at Freo, unfortunately that answer was Danyle so I'd used two of my questions, my third question was "Really?", then the genie disappeared.

Afterwards, if you have the time, are you able to flick us a quick review of how everyone looked, any noticeable absentees etc?

Everyone was out there from what I could see.
Barlow was just running lap after lap after lap.
Fyfe looked good. Geez he's a smooth mover.
Shame he couldn't get his suspension reduced to 1 week, so he was back for Port.
Worked on their stoppage work for a bit.
They then had a full ground session and looked sharp.
Ross would let it play on, then called the players to stop where they were and pointed out where certain players needed to be.
There wasn't a lot of talk at the start but picked up as the session wore on.
The ball movement and skills were good. Not too many stray kicks or dropped marks.
Bella and Sun Sun were working together, and looked really sharp.
Oh, and Zac Dawson nailed a goal from 45 metres out when they were walking back to the rooms, which gave everyone a bit of a laugh.

Shame he couldn't get his suspension reduced to 1 week, so he was back for Port.
Ross would let it play on, then called the players to stop where they were and pointed out where certain players needed to be.
The ball movement and skills were good. Not too many stray kicks or dropped marks.
Oh, and Zac Dawson nailed a goal from 45 metres out when they were walking back to the rooms, which gave everyone a bit of a laugh.

If you go post all that again over here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/training-reports-season-proper.1049692/
... not only will you get a bunch more "likes", you'll get a derailed thread back on track and show up the poor effort of our own training watchers.

If you go post all that again over here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/training-reports-season-proper.1049692/
... not only will you get a bunch more "likes", you'll get a derailed thread back on track and show up the poor effort of our own training watchers.

Seppo
If you want to move my post to your training reports, please do.
I'm hopeless with computers.

Oh, and I'm not a poster that posts things just so I can get a 'Like' , but thanks anyway.

Much appreciated!!

Mate that is a top effort !!! :)

Not much to add to what has been said. They did next to nothing after they warmed up other than a match sim. Best piece of play led to Danyle Pearce hitting up Mayne in between 4 others which received a clap from Ross. I heard Ross say that whole passage of play was excellent and very sharp. Mundy also looked pretty good. Judging by the end of the session, Suban and/or DeBoer will be in this week as they stayed out and did some stoppage work with the main group of midfielders. Hannath also joined in with them alongside Sandi and Clarke so one of them may be rested.

Pav had his thigh/hammy heavily bandaged and came off a couple of times to speak to the doctor. I got there late and Phil also said Son Son came off with a sore hand but he came out and joined in the session without any ill effects.

Highlight of the session was Ballas and Son Son having a contest. Left foot snap "Stevie J" style. Ballas went first and missed everything which prompted a bit of snickering from Son Son who calmly slotted his shot to applause from the training watchers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much to add to what has been said. They did next to nothing after they warmed up other than a match sim. Best piece of play led to Danyle Pearce hitting up Mayne in between 4 others which received a clap from Ross. I heard Ross say that whole passage of play was excellent and very sharp. Mundy also looked pretty good. Judging by the end of the session, Suban and/or DeBoer will be in this week as they stayed out and did some stoppage work with the main group of midfielders. Hannath also joined in with them alongside Sandi and Clarke so one of them may be rested.

Pav had his thigh/hammy heavily bandaged and came off a couple of times to speak to the doctor. I got there late and Phil also said Son Son came off with a sore hand but he came out and joined in the session without any ill effects.

Highlight of the session was Ballas and Son Son having a contest. Left foot snap "Stevie J" style. Ballas went first and missed everything which prompted a bit of snickering from Son Son who calmly slotted his shot to applause from the training watchers.

Ummm what?!

Maybe you should see the stats for turnovers.

Danyle Peacr has less clangers Fyfe (who has played 2 less games), Mundy and Crowley. Sitting on 42, the same as Spurr.
Danyle Pearce is 7th at the club for effective disposals with 256.
Danyle Pearce is 5th at the club for total disposals (and we will be missing 2 of the top 4 for the next two weeks).
Danyle Pearce is 2nd for kick at the club (265).
Danyle Pearce leads the team for Goal assists (equal with Barlow) at 14.
Danyle Pearce is 4th at the club for goals.

Maybe you should check the stats.

Like 19.8 average disposals with 12.8 effective. That's not even AFL benchmark 70%. The funny thing is his contested/uncontested possession numbers are similar averaging 7 contested and 12 uncontested..which would make you think (albeit probably not entirely accurately) that he can't dispose of the contested ball well.

Danyle has had a lot of the footy but his I50's although plenty have not been particularly awe inspiring. I can recall two against Carlton that pushed the recipient way out wider than he had to be. His lack of composure sometimes around the 50 leaves me scratching my head. Maybe because he gets more of it there. He's a great kick and the demoralising effect on the opposition of someone booting one from outside 50 can't be underestimated. He doesn't do it enough for me.

It has also been said, and I hadn't noticed until it was, that he double grabs the ball a lot, ie he fumbles. That could be because he's moving at such speed or that he's thinking of spending it before he's got it but he does, in my opinion, miss opportunities to break away because of this. More so than the likes of Fyfe, Hill and Barlow.

He has had some poor games where he got away with a strong finish. I don't think he is anywhere near as fantastic as is being made out.

Like 19.8 average disposals with 12.8 effective. That's not even AFL benchmark 70%. The funny thing is his contested/uncontested possession numbers are similar averaging 7 contested and 12 uncontested..which would make you think (albeit probably not entirely accurately) that he can't dispose of the contested ball well.

Danyle has had a lot of the footy but his I50's although plenty have not been particularly awe inspiring. I can recall two against Carlton that pushed the recipient way out wider than he had to be. His lack of composure sometimes around the 50 leaves me scratching my head. Maybe because he gets more of it there. He's a great kick and the demoralising effect on the opposition of someone booting one from outside 50 can't be underestimated. He doesn't do it enough for me.

It has also been said, and I hadn't noticed until it was, that he double grabs the ball a lot, ie he fumbles. That could be because he's moving at such speed or that he's thinking of spending it before he's got it but he does, in my opinion, miss opportunities to break away because of this. More so than the likes of Fyfe, Hill and Barlow.

He has had some poor games where he got away with a strong finish. I don't think he is anywhere near as fantastic as is being made out.

Both Ross Lyon and myself disagree with you.

I think one of the problems with dropping D.Pearce, apart from the I50s he does generate (quality or not - I view them as a net positive), is that you remove our second fastest player. We are not a quick side overall; I think i'd say only Hill, D.Pearce, Ballantyne and maybe Fyfe have genuine pace. PearceD is also in the top 10 (equal 9th) for tackles per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back