2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Chudd thinks that they're finally heading in the right direction huh?

I think Carlton are more ****ed than I had ever previously imagined. So bereft of on field leadership, especially in the younger age bracket. Their next leadership group hasn't been drafted yet, let alone their next captain.

Bloody impressive win. Carlton were awful, but Port seriously punished them. Robbie Gray is such a jet. I reckon the Freo/Port game will be great viewing, or at least as close to great as Ross Lyon games get. I think Port might get up, now they've got Trengove back. Spells trouble for us if we manage to sneak 8th. Freo absolutely dismantled us last time we played. I wouldn't tip us against either right now, but I think we'd be at least competitive in a showdown final, while we'd probably get bloody thumped in Perth.

Still gotta make the 8, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tagged along to the game with my Teal-loving wife (the things we do for love, eh?:p). They played very well. Robbie Gray is an absolute jet. Should poll very well if the maggots are watching closely enough. Port have got very few injuries again and have found their run and carry. The difference between how they play at near full strength like tonight vs. our game plan sticks out like a sore thumb. They spread hard, run and carry it, make space for each other, get the ball onto the fat side for players to run onto and look to kick it to leading forward. We like to create contest after contest, handball too frequently (mostly to blokes under pressure) and bomb it long in hope.

If we play them with their current side (barring no further injuries) on a dry deck in an elimination final ( if we even make it, which is looking unlikely), I struggle to see how we'd get within 7 goals of them at a bare minimum (and that's if we play to our absolute best). If it rains and becomes a slog, then we'd be more of a chance. Apologies for being "negative", I just grow weary of watching other football sides with a semi-reasonable game plan play good football when ours just clearly doesn't work.

Good win, but saw Carlton last week live and they were horrible. Port punished every mistake, Geelong didn't last week. Freo will give a better indication of where the PAP's are at.

Also the biggest ever crowd to see an AFL game in SA. But not surprised, was expecting over 50,000. But footy is a funny game, if Freo beat Brisbane, then its Fremantle vs Port next week (early Saturday Afternoon game) and the winner of that game will get a MASSIVE ADVANTAGE in September. Fremantle has lost only once at home this season, by 13 points to North Melbourne on a Friday night back in April.

Bloody impressive win. Carlton were awful, but Port seriously punished them. Robbie Gray is such a jet. I reckon the Freo/Port game will be great viewing, or at least as close to great as Ross Lyon games get. I think Port might get up, now they've got Trengove back. Spells trouble for us if we manage to sneak 8th. Freo absolutely dismantled us last time we played. I wouldn't tip us against either right now, but I think we'd be at least competitive in a showdown final, while we'd probably get bloody thumped in Perth.

Still gotta make the 8, of course.

The 5th placed team will probably lose the semi final anyway. Finishing top 4 is always so important. So either Port or Fremantle will, we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back