Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you don't always look at short term in footy clubs. They will be breaking their nuts to get him to pre-season next year as he is the missing link in making life easier for both Weeks and Brennan. Can play forward and Ruck.

I was told yesterday Weeksy has kicked 87 goals and 91 points and a rough guess 15 out on the full. Massive amount of unconverted shots. I dont think too many would say he hasnt lived up to reputation this year after playing on 1 leg last year.

Rochy winning but need to win a final. Cant be measured any other way now.

Grant Weeks has been nothing short of sensational. He is an absolute gun.

Am hearing there are some concerns over the state of Echucas ground, with it being extremely hard. Ky apparently picked up several injuries after playing there. Hopefully the ground gets a good water this week and Rochy can get through unscathed.

Grant Weeks has been nothing short of sensational. He is an absolute gun.

Am hearing there are some concerns over the state of Echucas ground, with it being extremely hard. Ky apparently picked up several injuries after playing there. Hopefully the ground gets a good water this week and Rochy can get through unscathed.

Really don't like criticising facilities in country footy but Vic Park is renowned for this. Was appalled by the state of the surface in the final round of last year. Who is responsible for its maintenance? Campaspe Shire? Echuca Footy Club? Volunteers?

Really don't like criticising facilities in country footy but Vic Park is renowned for this. Was appalled by the state of the surface in the final round of last year. Who is responsible for its maintenance? Campaspe Shire? Echuca Footy Club? Volunteers?
Fair to say that the lack of backing in the past from council has been ordinary. Pretty sure that most of the work is done by the footy and cricket clubs. I believe that new lighting is being put in and obviously new netball courts. However, any work that has been done on the surface has been unsuccessful.... ATM the facilities are pretty poor.

Fair to say that the lack of backing in the past from council has been ordinary. Pretty sure that most of the work is done by the footy and cricket clubs. I believe that new lighting is being put in and obviously new netball courts. However, any work that has been done on the surface has been unsuccessful.... ATM the facilities are pretty poor.
It seems that the priorities have been upgrading the lights (WTF for?) and a new scoreboard (I'm guessing not with painted numbers on tin and an attendant). You can't play footy, or cricket for that matter, on either of those. Six kilometres north the Moama ground is absolutely sensational!

It seems that the priorities have been upgrading the lights (WTF for?) and a new scoreboard (I'm guessing not with painted numbers on tin and an attendant). You can't play footy, or cricket for that matter, on either of those. Six kilometres north the Moama ground is absolutely sensational!
Yep and the Murray shire threw 90K into Mathoura...... as we all know! :eek:

Echuca`s ground has been disgraceful for several years. Whose fault it is irrelevant at this point. Who has finals? Rochy play Echuca next week, Do Echuca have an elimination ...?

Grant Weeks kicked 14 today to get to 101 goals for the season for Rochy.

Rowey just discussing it today when was the last person to kick 100 goals ( if any) at Rochy? I can remember Peter Fuller kicking around 80? odd but not sure of anyone getting to 100 before.

Grant Weeks kicked 14 today to get to 101 goals for the season for Rochy.

Rowey just discussing it today when was the last person to kick 100 goals ( if any) at Rochy? I can remember Peter Fuller kicking around 80? odd but not sure of anyone getting to 100 before.

No has ever kicked 100 in a season for Rochy. Peter Fuller kicked 88 in 1998. Ash Tointon kicked 75 in 1997.

Weeks also set a club record of 14 goals in a single match beating 13 by Ray Willett in 1963 and Tank McPhee in 1989.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting round to finish off the year.

Mooroopna beat United by six goals, despite trailing by seven goals at quarter-time to leap them and take sixth spot.

Swans and Bears had a draw?

No has ever kicked 100 in a season for Rochy. Peter Fuller kicked 88 in 1998. Ash Tointon kicked 75 in 1997.

Weeks also set a club record of 14 goals in a single match beating 13 by Ray Willett in 1963 and Tank McPhee in 1989.

Woody Fuller's 87 goals was in early 80's under Rosenow. He won he league two years running ... with only 50 odd one year.

So Lochie Sirret can play finals? How does that work ?

Woody Fuller's 87 goals was in early 80's under Rosenow. He won he league two years running ... with only 50 odd one year.

Surely he cannot play finals. What's the point of having a clearance deadline if he can come in after Colbo's season finishes and play finals

Yes, Woody kicked 87 in 1980 to win the league. He also kicked 88 in 1988 (83 during the season and 5 in the finals).

As per Sirret, this was from today's News;

AFL Victoria Country rule 2.1 states players from minor leagues are able to obtain permits to play in a nearby major league if the home club agrees.

‘‘It is clearly written in the AFL Victoria Country handbook that under permits he is able to go from a district league to a major league,’’ GVFL general manager Keith Wellman said.

‘‘Under our rules, if he plays three games under permits, he’s eligible to play finals.

‘‘It’s certainly been used before, but I don’t think it has happened very often.’’

Yes, Woody kicked 87 in 1980 to win the league. He also kicked 88 in 1988 (83 during the season and 5 in the finals).

AFL Victoria Country rule 2.1 states players from minor leagues are able to obtain permits to play in a nearby major league if the home club agrees.

‘‘It is clearly written in the AFL Victoria Country handbook that under permits he is able to go from a district league to a major league,’’ GVFL general manager Keith Wellman said.

‘‘Under our rules, if he plays three games under permits, he’s eligible to play finals.

‘‘It’s certainly been used before, but I don’t think it has happened very often.’’

I reckon it is ridiculous

So is it fair to say that if Lachlan Sirett has any influence on a final come September that there may be a slight change to GVL rules about permit players being eligible for finals?? Personally it doesn't seem right that someone can qualify for finals, when they've played a whole season with another club.... but that's just me

It does seem a little odd and if it was the rule, I'm not sure why every other GV team in the finals isn't doing it.
Probably not many giant ruckmen able to have an influence in a major league. I guess there has to be a willngness as well as ability. Mates with Weeks and Hill must help. Word is he is a big chance of playing all season next year

Yes, Woody kicked 87 in 1980 to win the league. He also kicked 88 in 1988 (83 during the season and 5 in the finals

Nice work Rowey ... I fogot about 1988 ... reckon Dropper returned from coaching Colbo.... tthat was under Rosenow also wasn't it? Rosenow's secind coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back