Premier B - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for me to chip in with my two bobs worth... Like to read BF but rarely post. I think skob could win the flag although I think their defence is suspect. They'll lose to the blues first up just. Carey will bounce back over OMs. Next, Skob to beat Carey again but by smaller margin. Then finally a belter of a gf with uni the deserved premier. That's my view.. Limited knowledge tho..
What are everybody else's predictions?

OM's to beat Carey by 4 goals.
Uni to beat SKOB by 2 goals.
SKOB to beat Melb by 4 goals
Uni to beat SKOB by 3 goals

Really enjoyable season. Very competitive. OI competitive but not quite at B level. Bit surprised that OH dropped as looked better than Caulfield when I saw them. Caulfield have a much stronger pool to draw from so should improve. Sad to see Tosh go. Boys got up for him in the last round. Top 6 teams were all good on their day and Blues clearly standout and should go back to A. Rumours of investigations seem to have disappeared. SKOBS, OC and OM are pretty even. Still feel SKOBs best equipped for sustained stay in A but agree that will not decide promotion this year. OC have most individual talent but least depth. OM's have had some injuries last few rounds but hopefully fit for finals. Predict OM's to beat OC in 1st and Blues to win 2nd. Have seen too many OM v SKOB games in recent years and the sides are very even. Will be a toss of the coin game in Prelim. As an OM supporter love to watch A grade football but also really enjoy the standard of B. Good luck to all teams going to finals.

G'day posters, long time no post. Could anyone with a bit of knowledge tell me where it will be won and lost for SKOB on the weekend? I have been out of touch this year and only seen the one game so would have no idea. Unbelievable turn on events on the weekend...OMs/Old carey would be kicking themselves but both still have great opportunities to go to A grade. From a SKOB perspective Im sure the big crowd helped massively (2004 prem ten year reunion was a cracker by all accounts)....the new venue is great by Ammo standards BTW. When you can hold functions at your home ground it really does help. MIO.

Really enjoyable season. Very competitive. OI competitive but not quite at B level. Bit surprised that OH dropped as looked better than Caulfield when I saw them. Caulfield have a much stronger pool to draw from so should improve. Sad to see Tosh go. Boys got up for him in the last round. Top 6 teams were all good on their day and Blues clearly standout and should go back to A. Rumours of investigations seem to have disappeared. SKOBS, OC and OM are pretty even. Still feel SKOBs best equipped for sustained stay in A but agree that will not decide promotion this year. OC have most individual talent but least depth. OM's have had some injuries last few rounds but hopefully fit for finals. Predict OM's to beat OC in 1st and Blues to win 2nd. Have seen too many OM v SKOB games in recent years and the sides are very even. Will be a toss of the coin game in Prelim. As an OM supporter love to watch A grade football but also really enjoy the standard of B. Good luck to all teams going to finals.

What are OM's plans for the future in regards to having a ground that they can call "home"? With all the advantages a dedicated
home can provide, playing wise, socialy and financialy.

OM's to get the points over carey. Paule will be too strong in the middle with Righetti shutting down the run. Bachet to be a handful up forward and SKOB to go out straight sets. Again.

Carey too good today. Just a greater number of class mids. Paule is great. But Rice, Roach, Howat, Smithwick are all as good. Message to OM's coaching staff..if Carey put McQ-Mis as loose man in defence. Man him up. Otherwise he will take 74 marks. Well done Caulfield in Magoos. Bad day all round for Grammar!

OM's to get the points over carey. Paule will be too strong in the middle with Righetti shutting down the run. Bachet to be a handful up forward and SKOB to go out straight sets. Again.
FWIW - OMs finals record isnt anything to write home about either. Out the last 3 years. Brown go again? Might want to look into your clash jumpers as well, they are putrid.
Prelim will be a cracker, genuine 50/50. Where is it being played?

FWIW - OMs finals record isnt anything to write home about either. Out the last 3 years. Brown go again? Might want to look into your clash jumpers as well, they are putrid.

My guess is Sandringham but nothing from headquarters yet on finals venues across the board. Although I hear Vermont is hosting at least 1 final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently ugly scenes with supporters on saturday?

Brian speaking can you shed some light on this. Apparently a SKEVS offical told the AFL CEO where to go?

I'd be interested to see the stats on SKOBS recent finals record.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure whether to post this on B or C Board.

Maxy, did Macdonald get his recent suspension for the red card incident in Q2 or the Yellow in Q4?
And was the latter given for an indiscretion with player or official?

The old retaliation by Dowd. Hope he gets off. Surely he will run the gauntlet and not just cop the prescribed.

FWIW bit of mayo on that me thinks. I was told a melee at qtr time between the players following a high tackle from a Parkville player. Dowd then reported

http://www.vafatv.com/2nd-semi-prem-b-university-blues-vs-st-kevins/

Tape shows:
at 30.30 Q1, Gabelich gets a free kick.
Ordinary handball to Dowd who has to prop.
Dowd is cannoned into - get's a free kick, gets up straight away.
Not a lot in it, according to the commentators.
Lynch and one other from SKOB's remonstrate with Uni guy - not a lot in that.
Camera pans downfield with Lynch moving back into Uni guy's space.
Dowd reported (umpire just 5 to 10 metres away) and melee ensures.

http://www.vafatv.com/2nd-semi-prem-b-university-blues-vs-st-kevins/

Tape shows:
at 30.30 Q1, Gabelich gets a free kick.
Ordinary handball to Dowd who has to prop.
Dowd is cannoned into - get's a free kick, gets up straight away.
Not a lot in it, according to the commentators.
Lynch and one other from SKOB's remonstrate with Uni guy - not a lot in that.
Camera pans downfield with Lynch moving back into Uni guy's space.
Dowd reported (umpire just 5 to 10 metres away) and melee ensures.
Without any camera footage unless either the Melbourne uni player rolls over or the umpire dismisses it, it is hard to see Dowd getting off. If i were Melbourne Uni i would be very happy not to see him in the grand final so that would seemingly rule their assistance out. You never know though.

Wasn't sure whether to post this on B or C Board.

Maxy, did Macdonald get his recent suspension for the red card incident in Q2 or the Yellow in Q4?
And was the latter given for an indiscretion with player or official?
Yellow was for an audible and for common sense. Merv saw that he was a little out of control and got him off the ground.

The red was justifiable, but 5 weeks is a "frickin disgrace. Player was injured and wasn't hit in the head. Umpire and victim were astounded at length of sentence.

See ya in 2 years

Without any camera footage unless either the Melbourne uni player rolls over or the umpire dismisses it, it is hard to see Dowd getting off. If i were Melbourne Uni i would be very happy not to see him in the grand final so that would seemingly rule their assistance out. You never know though.

My guess, the red card will probably cover it and he will be free to play but the clubs will get fined for the melee.

I'd be interested to see the stats on SKOBS recent finals record.

I can only find the last 5 years or so and it's not pretty:

2009: Straight sets
2011: Straight sets
2012: Straight Sets
2013: 1st elimination loss (to OM's)
2014: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back