Murray FL 2013/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deni by 5-8 goals. I really wish they wouldn't but I see Deni as timing their run perfectly and United as being smashed by injuries. Gittens to go head-to-head with Preist, with one of them ending up having the ball on a string, Bartlett to have a massive impact all over the ground and to be a deciding factor. Goal kickers coming from everywhere I think Deni will be too much to handle for United.

Mulwala by 20 points- although Barooga appear to be peaking at the right time, with little to no injuries and a full list to choose from, I think a little number of games into important players will matter. The other and perhaps more important reason is I can't see Barooga stopping all of Mulwala's firepower. Even with a dominant ruckman, if Farrah and Stawthorn get a sniff they'll tear it apart. Add the Robinson brothers and Mul look fairly ominous. Still, Barooga haven't played to their full potential all year and might just hit their straps, but I'm backing Mul in this one.

Well that's the last time I play Fortune Teller!!!!! I couldn't have got things more wrong!
Congrats to United and Barooga, can we get some reports from the games?? Any injuries come out of them??

Well that's the last time I play Fortune Teller!!!!! I couldn't have got things more wrong!
Congrats to United and Barooga, can we get some reports from the games?? Any injuries come out of them??

Border Mail is saying injuries really hurt Mulwala yesterday.

Went to both games goodgolly24 and can give you my thoughts. The Deni / United game would have been a cracker if not spoilt by incompetence by those in white.I have mentioned in earlier posts that i hoped our finals results arent influenced by umpiring standards in our league, but saturdays was. I think in the end United were able to run out the game better than the Rams. Mature bodies and minds were a telling factor in the end. I did predict United to get to the granny but not so sure now. Deni lost an onballer before half time which was pretty important to the final outcome. Deni's Tyler Amor-Beale kicked goal of the year which wasnt bad for a 17yr old. Not sure if United coped any injuries.
As a spectacle sundays game was better. Some great ball movement by both teams and Farrah is worth the entrance fee on his own. Not 100% on Muls injuries but they did seem to lose some run in the second half. Dont know why Barooga play Philpot in the ruck when he is so good at fullforward.( I guess then Robbins wouldnt get a game.lol) but when Barooga shift him to the goal square, he becomes the game changer. Enjoyed this game more and the umps were not a factor, although they did turn a blind eye to some 'stuff'.
Look forward to next weeks games, hope they are crackers. i will support the team with the most "local content' (meaning the team with the most players who started as juniors at their club). Unfortunatly thats probably Finley. (i think im going to vomit !)

Went to both games goodgolly24 and can give you my thoughts. The Deni / United game would have been a cracker if not spoilt by incompetence by those in white.I have mentioned in earlier posts that i hoped our finals results arent influenced by umpiring standards in our league, but saturdays was. I think in the end United were able to run out the game better than the Rams. Mature bodies and minds were a telling factor in the end. I did predict United to get to the granny but not so sure now. Deni lost an onballer before half time which was pretty important to the final outcome. Deni's Tyler Amor-Beale kicked goal of the year which wasnt bad for a 17yr old. Not sure if United coped any injuries.
As a spectacle sundays game was better. Some great ball movement by both teams and Farrah is worth the entrance fee on his own. Not 100% on Muls injuries but they did seem to lose some run in the second half. Dont know why Barooga play Philpot in the ruck when he is so good at fullforward.( I guess then Robbins wouldnt get a game.lol) but when Barooga shift him to the goal square, he becomes the game changer. Enjoyed this game more and the umps were not a factor, although they did turn a blind eye to some 'stuff'.
Look forward to next weeks games, hope they are crackers. i will support the team with the most "local content' (meaning the team with the most players who started as juniors at their club). Unfortunatly thats probably Finley. (i think im going to vomit !)
Apart from the 3 afl boys and Leon in the ruck all out boys played juniors at the club.

Thanks for the report Sledge, I don't think anyone (at least me) could predict how things will turn out from here. VERY EXCITING!!! Although I did not genuinely think united would get up, based on their injuries and form, but finals are full of surprises.
All focused on the next round now, United vs Hawks, and Rumba vs Finley. I'm going early and saying and Hawks over united. Obviously I'm going for Rumba against the Cats.
As for the playing budget at Rumba, this time of year it doesn't matter because no-one gets paid for finals (at least not at rumba, not sure about elsewhere??) but I do know those boys wouldn't cost that much, considering that figure would almost be the entire budget. But unfortunetly that's the way country footy is going, I argued against it for many of years and we didn't spend for a long time, but that's what it takes to be competitive in every league. But I really don't think it matter from this point onwards, because it's Finals baby, and it's all about heart now!!

Will be interesting to see who misses out on the Finley selection now they have gained a few any reports?

Yes it will be. Also will be interesting to see what happens at Rumba too. from what I hear there's potentially 2-3 changes to be made from the team that played against Nathalia 2 weeks ago with players due to come in.

Yes it will be. Also will be interesting to see what happens at Rumba too. from what I hear there's potentially 2-3 changes to be made from the team that played against Nathalia 2 weeks ago with players due to come in.
Possibly as many as five players to come in , against rumba I would think they would go for smaller quicker side. So they don't get smashed on the spread which has been a problem for Finley all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all know these 2 sides have great top line players but with the mercury going up at this time of year as well as the intensity of the game it may be the bottom 4-5 in either team that will be the difference. If anyone on either side is underdone it will show tomorrow. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back