Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: North Melbourne v Essendon, Sat Sept 6th 7.15pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There'll be no love lost in the stands on saturday night. The atmosphere will be something else if the game is tight.

Not sure if the public has quite caught on to the how badly both clubs need this victory. Hasn't been an easy road to this point for either club and we all know Essendon's been under huge duress but hey, we've nearly had our club taken from us in recent times too.

Got butterflies in the stomach already. Hope we smash you maggots. Go North.

Always tip with my head, and unfortunately I am going to go with North to lead at every change by 6, 9, 12 and finally 22. They have had a better preparation, are fitter and will be able to cover the G no worries. Carlisle out will free up the North big men and the Roos will get the job done.

Last ten finals.
NmEssFinals_zpsa2ede77c.png

About time both clubs pulled their finger out, I think.

Levi to Heppell. I have my queries on how right his thumb is. All it takes is one spoil or tackle to cause some discomfort and Levi will relish any sign on pain. Wright to Goddard. Thats his job. Chappy will dominate anyway as he does against North and Jobe head to head with Swallow but trust Swallow to have the better 2nd half. Jobe returning from injury and IMO will have to go forward in the 2nd half to have an impact which will hurt the Bombers in the middle. Carlisle out means Grima, Hansen if he plays and Thompson will zone off. Carlisle out is a big concern now in terms of that get out kick for the Dons.
Quite frankly the Bombers need to replicate round 1s performance to win. Im sure even Bomber Thompson knows that. Surely North in a final wont bring the same intensity. Not confident but moreso now with the recent injuries to Watson and Heppell and the ruling out of Carlisle.

Levi to Heppell. I have my queries on how right his thumb is. All it takes is one spoil or tackle to cause some discomfort and Levi will relish any sign on pain. Wright to Goddard. Thats his job. Chappy will dominate anyway as he does against North and Jobe head to head with Swallow but trust Swallow to have the better 2nd half. Jobe returning from injury and IMO will have to go forward in the 2nd half to have an impact which will hurt the Bombers in the middle. Carlisle out means Grima, Hansen if he plays and Thompson will zone off. Carlisle out is a big concern now in terms of that get out kick for the Dons.
Quite frankly the Bombers need to replicate round 1s performance to win. Im sure even Bomber Thompson knows that. Surely North in a final wont bring the same intensity. Not confident but moreso now with the recent injuries to Watson and Heppell and the ruling out of Carlisle.
Heppell had surgery within an hour. Minimal bruising and swelling before they got the plate in. To break it it'd take the same force it'd normally take to break a hand. But by all means stay focused on Hepp's hand.

Heppell had surgery within an hour. Minimal bruising and swelling before they got the plate in. To break it it'd take the same force it'd normally take to break a hand. But by all means stay focused on Hepp's hand.
Him, Goddard, Chappy and Watson are the keys to you guys winning on Saturday. Looking forward too it, either Gibson/Mcdonald to do a minor tagging job, depending on where Heppell plays. On the inside, we usually go head to head and that should be the highlight of the game. Cunnington, Ziebell, Swallow and Greenwood v Watson, Goddard, Heppell and Chappy. :D:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him, Goddard, Chappy and Watson are the keys to you guys winning on Saturday. Looking forward too it, either Gibson/Mcdonald to do a minor tagging job, depending on where Heppell plays. On the inside, we usually go head to head and that should be the highlight of the game. Cunnington, Ziebell, Swallow and Greenwood v Watson, Goddard, Heppell and Chappy. :D:p
Nah forget all that. Heppell's hand is definitely the main point you should focus on.

Nah forget all that. Heppell's hand is definitely the main point you should focus on.
I'm sorry l forgot, yes we'll line him up first bounce and we'll get bobby brown to shake his hand and break it. Is that better?

I'm sorry l forgot, yes we'll line him up first bounce and we'll get bobby brown to shake his hand and break it. Is that better?

Unless he is one of those *******s that shakes with his left hand then I don't think it will do too much.

Jobe will be cherry ripe this week, he has had 3 games back now and they have just finished going through a pretty heavy training load and should be up and about this week. I would be very suprised if he doesn't play an absolute blinder, the best usually step up and he is exactly that.

This will be the best game in the first week. Should be a free flowing fast paced game between two sides who will be desperate

A lot depends on Carlisle, he plays well and I reckon the dons will win. If he doesn't 50/50 ball game.
Have you watched either side at all this season? They're ranked 5th and 4th for points against, 8th and 12th for points for respectively. I very much doubt it'll be an open game.

Have you watched either side at all this season? They're ranked 5th and 4th for points against, 8th and 12th for points for respectively. I very much doubt it'll be an open game.

I think when both sides play their best football the game is free flowing and attacking.

Just my opinion though.

I think when both sides play their best football the game is free flowing and attacking.

Just my opinion though.
I'll respectfully disagree. All of Essendon's wins have come when they shut the opposition down, as have North's. We win purely on defensive structure right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back