Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: North Melbourne v Essendon, Sat Sept 6th 7.15pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
northvessendon.png

AFL match page: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/24/nmfc-v-ess

Weather Forecast

melbweather2.png

#AFLNorthDons

2014 Highlights

More details to come

Moderator Warnings

Please note that this thread will be subject to heavy moderation. This includes use of the term "norf" or references to drugs, use of the term "essendope" or similar derogatory names, or discussion of North Melbournes finances.

Last edited:

Haha. If only it was a repeat of that ridiculously high scoring game, North up by 69 then the Dons come storming home.
The game in 1999 was better. Carey kicking 10 with about 4 blokes hanging off him including one of the best you'll ever see. Lloyd kicking 8 including a freakish one out of midair.

Best game you'll see.

This will be the best game in the first week. Should be a free flowing fast paced game between two sides who will be desperate

A lot depends on Carlisle, he plays well and I reckon the dons will win. If he doesn't 50/50 ball game.

Two unpredictable and inconsistent teams.. should be a good match, or a complete flogging

Two unpredictable and inconsistent teams.. should be a good match, or a complete flogging

Yep we were inconsistent but ended up with same wins as Port yet they had a terrific year. Funny game footy.

Yep we were inconsistent but ended up with same wins as Port yet they had a terrific year. Funny game footy.
I don't think anyone would deny that you were inconsistent. As were we. Comes down to who decides to play 4 quarters on the day.

No, Port WERE having a terrific season until they lost 7 of there last 11 games with only wins against the Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Carlton in that period.

Bloody pumped after watching the marshmallow game and the carey v lloyd show highlights. Essendon have classy players and a lot depends on Carlise getting up, if he doesn't, North by 4 goals in a see-sawing affair. Both sides very evenly matched, Swallow and Cunnington v Watson and Heppel is worth the price of admission ten fold, all so classy.

No, Port WERE having a terrific season until they lost 7 of there last 11 games with only wins against the Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Carlton in that period.
They dropped off badly, were in contention for top 4 alongside the suns, how things change in football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want North to win but can see Essendon getting up, should be a good game.

Have North won a final under Brad Scott yet? Probably due
Haven't won a final since 2007 semi-final against Hawthorn.

This will be the best game in the first week. Should be a free flowing fast paced game between two sides who will be desperate

A lot depends on Carlisle, he plays well and I reckon the dons will win. If he doesn't 50/50 ball game.
Carlisle missed this week, and will miss the final with a hammy.

Bombers have gone to sleep for at least 30 min in the first half of all games in the last month. Not expecting much and really just hoping the bombers don't embarrass themselves like they did in the last two finals they played. Essendon's only chance is if they use the ball very well on the wider spaces of the MCG as North have been cut up a few times this year by teams who hang onto the ball. I'm sure they've addressed that though.

I think the Richmond vs Port game will be the best game. Finals ticketing will see a good representation of Tiger fans and both teams will be putting heaps of pressure around the ball and trying to play sling shot footy off the half back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back