Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question for us fans...

If the afl did say you can have the pb back for good

Would you take it? Or stay bib?

Stay in BiB without a doubt. We can honour the past by bring the prison bars out every now and then, but we have to realise BiB is who we are now and who we will be for a long long time. Over time BiB could become to us how the prison bars are now.

Wear it at home and the BiB away!

Stay in BiB without a doubt. We can honour the past by bring the prison bars out every now and then, but we have to realise BiB is who we are now and who we will be for a long long time. Over time BiB could become to us how the prison bars are now.
Well that argument doesn't hold if we are allowed to have it as our jumper. It is a sensible attitude if we can't.

Can see your point...

But is it just me ...there is a feeling I get a pride and hounor a proudness when I see the pb that the bib hasnt given me yet...

This is is not to say I dont love the bib because I do...but the pb is just on another level that I reckon no other afl gurnsey has come close too

The boys are training at AO on Saturday morning 10am - I hope the whole squad of 45 - 3 LTI players + 15 contracted Magpies do some training all in the SANFL PB jumper version as a bit of spur on to the Maggies who are playing at 5-40 that evening. Get lots of photos of everyone together. [The AFL version is leaving Fiji Friday night so have to use the SANFL version saturday morning].

Sitting here wearing a smirk - the cynics' national dress - and thinking back to my National Service in 1967-1969 ...

Our favourite barrack-room comment that summed up Army 'decision-making' was: "Hurry up and wait."

AFL 2014 = Australian Army 1967-1969.

Better than the response my grandfather got on Java before the Japanese attack.

"Go into the forest and cut yourself a stout stick"

What did you write? i don't want to wade through 250 comments - especially the garbage ones.
"Our present is Port Adelaide Power, not Port Adelaide Magpies."
No, our 'present' is Port Adelaide. The Power, the Magpies, they are the same. They are Port Adelaide. You can support who you want in the SANFL, but saying that the Power and the Magpies are completely different is like saying that the Under 16s and Under 18s (what a shame, by the way) are completely different.

"However, beyond that, it is tending towards the idea that the current Port Adelaide AFL team is actually Port Adelaide Magpies, an idea I am not comfortable with."
Once again, quite simply, Port Adelaide is Port Adelaide, Magpies or Power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely prison bars.

Since joining the AFL, most of the smaller things have been compromised.
  • Club song
  • Guernsey after guernsey
  • Nickname
Thankfully, the club didn't compromise our name. "There will always be a Port Adelaide!"

I don't resent the club for the compromises because such arrangement allowed us to play in the national comp.
If we had it the way we wanted it from day 1 there would never been a confusion of our identity amongst the shallow minded (including such ridiculous comments from Chad, Roger, Francou etc).

For a start I doubt that would ever happen due to Eddie Everywhere and the agreement that I think I've read in here that only Collingwood is allowed to wear the b&w stripes in the AFL - however, to answer your question, my preference is for our BiB in the AFL and keep the PB for special events as a sign of respect - please don't take this the wrong way anyone because those who know me know I love our PB guernsey due to my very long Maggies history but a thought that crossed my mind was, has the PB been disrespected a tad by this guernsey fiasco because it is a compromise to wear it (if that eventuates!) on this occasion rather than a first choice like when we've wanted to wear it before for a special occasion related to PAFC history? On the other hand, I also realise it will also be seen as a sign of respect for the PB to be honoured by our AFL team wearing it in a finals game that will have a national audience. Thoughts? Just curious.

Unf__ing believable!!o_O My head is spinning from all the possible scenarios - maybe now we should just go back to wearing our BiB jumper given Richmond seems happy to wear it's away jumper on Sunday or is that the one that is supposed to clash with ours - eeek!!!

I think this is RFC just trying to do the right thing - have our clash jumpers available so if the PB falls over and you manage to get the AFL to agree to your BiB, we can comply

We were always happy to play with the clash (as we have every other year), its only Mark Evans who had an issue

Well it has been a great marketing exercise for our club, I just went to the online club shop trying to get an adult Small PB guernsey for my son a birthday next week and they have sold out of all adult sizes.

I love our home guernsey but if you offered me the chance to have the PB back as a full time guernsey i'd bite your hand off.

It's the best guernsey design going around and it is absolutely dripping with Port Adelaide heritage.

I know the majority would probably prefer we stay with our current set, which is amazing, but I love the PB guernsey so much.

I think this is RFC just trying to do the right thing - have our clash jumpers available so if the PB falls over and you manage to get the AFL to agree to your BiB, we can comply

We were always happy to play with the clash (as we have every other year), its only Mark Evans who had an issue

That Mark Evans is a dirty Hawks campaigner and he's now showing his true colours.

fk him

fk the AFL.

That Mark Evans is a dirty Hawks campaigner and he's now showing his true colours.

fk him

fk the AFL.

i still dont get how ONE person can make this call without involving the CEO, and just 6 days before the game

it took him 23 rounds to realize this, esp after creating the same issue for the WCE???

I love our home guernsey but if you offered me the chance to have the PB back as a full time guernsey i'd bite your hand off.

It's the best guernsey design going around and it is absolutely dripping with Port Adelaide heritage.

I know the majority would probably prefer we stay with our current set, which is amazing, but I love the PB guernsey so much.
Pretty much my feelings as well..

I wish these tossers never got in..this would never have happened if they didn't make it. It's just making a big argument between us wearing the PB and the our home strip. let's farking move on!

jesus we are in bizzaro world, now we've got so call PORT ADELAIDE supporters on radio crying cause were wearing the B&W Prison bar and not BiB, if you cant accept our clubs past,present and history then I'm afraid I don't know why you support the PAFC, Scotty Hodges club legend lol making a song and dance because were wearing the B&W Prison bar and not BiB, Scotty Hodges the man who actively supports Collingwood, get it through your heads BiB, B&W Prison bar , Magpies/Power are PAFC, We are Port Adelaide, Never Tear Us Apart, get on board or gtfo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back