Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the misfortune of listening to 5AA on the way home. They are really hamming up the fact that we are wearing the PB as something controversial and divisive - getting Scott Hodges on to say how the club should have fought harder to keep the BiB jumper etc. and callers are ringing up crying about it. I say 'callers' and not supporters, because guess what a true Port Adelaide supporter cares most about? Winning the game. We exist to win premierships. If the AFL says 'you have to wear pink', Port Adelaide will smash campaigners in pink. Simple. Is it a balls up? You bet it is...but if the club whinges too hard about it, we might find that we get a whole load of Sunday twilight fixtures next year...

jesus we are in bizzaro world, now we've got so call PORT ADELAIDE supporters on radio crying cause were wearing the B&W Prison bar and not BiB, if you cant accept our clubs past,present and history then I'm afraid I don't know why you support the PAFC, Scotty Hodges club legend lol making a song and dance because were wearing the B&W Prison bar and not BiB, Scotty Hodges the man who actively supports Collingwood, get it through your heads BiB, B&W Prison bar , Magpies/Power are PAFC, We are Port Adelaide, Never Tear Us Apart, get on board or gtfo
make no mistake they ARN'T port supporters

Were people really in tears about it?

It was hilarious. I was laughing so hard at the radio...I hope they replay it and someone can record it.

Were people really in tears about it?
One bitty named Linda who got a $50 voucher for her impressive emotional breakdown.

It was hilarious. I was laughing so hard at the radio...I hope they replay it and someone can record it.
Watch it become their soundbite for the week leading upto the match, I'm sure it's not the last time we'll hear it.

Edit: There it is soundbite lol, jumpergate mkII apparently :rolleyes:

To be perfectly honest I don't see the problem with wearing the white one in the first place. We wear it several times during the season (away), why not at home once in a while? We go through all this trouble of rushing through an order of PB's just so we DON'T have to wear a Guernsey that we happily wear during the normal season?? I can only assume that the club is looking to make a bit of cash out of it via auctions or whatever. Having said that, it's always great to see the PB on the national stage.

*ing campaigners the lot of them if i saw one in the street the expletives that came out of my mouth would strip paint off the walls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally a like minded caller Power/Magpies supporter saying just shut up about the jumper & focus on the game which should be the important part of this week.

I bet they couldn't cut her off quick enough considering she wasn't trotting the same controversial line as 80% of their other callers.

Had the misfortune of listening to 5AA on the way home. They are really hamming up the fact that we are wearing the PB as something controversial and divisive - getting Scott Hodges on to say how the club should have fought harder to keep the BiB jumper etc. and callers are ringing up crying about it. I say 'callers' and not supporters, because guess what a true Port Adelaide supporter cares most about? Winning the game. We exist to win premierships. If the AFL says 'you have to wear pink', Port Adelaide will smash campaigners in pink. Simple. Is it a balls up? You bet it is...but if the club whinges too hard about it, we might find that we get a whole load of Sunday twilight fixtures next year...

needs more Cornesy

A bit more clarification. It's called Back in Black because that's what the club referred to the current strip as (since it's predominantly black compared to the original 'SBS' stylized jumper we entered the AFL with) when marketing it.

needs more Cornesy
Don't worry they'll give him his say, probably get him on tonight whilst the topic is still hot by their standards.

If only they realised that majority of the supporters just want to hear about the game this week & couldn't give two stuffs about this nothing argument.

Im not fussed what jumper we wear, all our kits are excellent and they all represent Port Adelaide. People have preferences and that's cool too. We will still look like Port Adelaide and we will still play like Port Adelaide.

Now we are wearing the PB jumper Im just worried Im going to slip into some type of Glenelg hating induced flashback to the 80s where Im demanding someone knocks Peter Carey's head off. I may have barracked for North back in those days but I still hated Glenelg above all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back