Opinion Qualifying Final Changes vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody else think there's a chance of Ibbotson playing on Buddy?
Buddy doesn't seem to be a big marking player, ~80% of his goals seem to be on the run.
Not likely I know but surely a possibilty?
Also Morabito was mentioned as a wildcard to play as a KPD?
Probably similar sort to Johno in terms of providing attack from defense. His run could be invaluable.

Does anybody else think there's a chance of Ibbotson playing on Buddy?
Buddy doesn't seem to be a big marking player
, ~80% of his goals seem to be on the run.
Not likely I know but surely a possibilty?
Also Morabito was mentioned as a wildcard to play as a KPD?
Probably similar sort to Johno in terms of providing attack from defense. His run could be invaluable.

Unfortunately for us, buddy has actually developed a solid grab this year. he takes plenty of contested marks atm... Ibbo will probably be on him at some stages but I'd say mainly silva will take it. Will take a team effort to restrict his output

Unfortunately for us, buddy has actually developed a solid grab this year. he takes plenty of contested marks atm... Ibbo will probably be on him at some stages but I'd say mainly silva will take it. Will take a team effort to restrict his output
i know he can take a mark, but Ibbo's got a good grab too. ANyway i wasnt tryna say he cant mark, but more Reid + Tippett are probably harder to stop in the air ... especially when they're that big playing on guys like ibbo.

i know he can take a mark, but Ibbo's got a good grab too. ANyway i wasnt tryna say he cant mark, but more Reid + Tippett are probably harder to stop in the air ... especially when they're that big playing on guys like ibbo.

Yeah i know what you mean. IMO ibbo would probably be able to out-position reid but buddy is probably too big and strong. definitely a valid point though. not sure either ibbo or silva have the tank to go with buddy all day... buddy's a bloody hard worker when he doesn't drop his bundle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They balance one another out.
Nah, Nicholls is randomly s**t, will screw over one side via incompetence instead of bias. Probably tilts in Geelong's favour if he decides to tilt his incompetence to go with Pannell.

Was reading last year's finals threads and the deflation from losing Ibbo and C Pearce was immense. Apparently Ibbo has the best vertical leap in the comp and Pearce disposal was elite. While undoubtably we will miss Macca and Jonno it's nice to know the situation isn't a complete unknown to us. Backline restructures have happened without sinking us

it's been said more than a few times but ins: Fyfe, Silvagni. Out: MJ, Crozier.
Suban is a good wet weather player imo (and fuzzy memory).

I reckon Morrabito would be a pretty handy inclusion for rotating out of the backline especially if it's wet. He's a big body,athletic and goes hard at the ball, and would be a good rebounder with his thumping hoof. I think Tanner Smith and A Pearce no way. They would be monstered!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back