Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I highly doubt we're going to offer Carlisle double what Hendo is on.

Imagine what we'd have to pay Hendo when he's out of contract next year!

Much cheaper
p51.jpg

I highly doubt we're going to offer Carlisle double what Hendo is on.

Imagine what we'd have to pay Hendo when he's out of contract next year!
He'll be worth it then.

Here's a great rumour from Facebook, and it even comes with a picture!

"Contracted until the end of 2015, Jake Carlisle has attracted the attention of 4 Melbourne based clubs.

Carlton are the front runners with a $800k per year, 4 season contract on the table. Carlisle's manager Anthony McConville was not available for comment regarding the 22 year old's future."

10622924_1471499519802533_3676507567184611524_n.png

I would love him in Navy Blue, even at 800k. Those worried about him being banned for 2 years... he can still accept the plea bargain ASADA have proposed as far as I'm aware, and he'll be available to play round 1 next year.

If we somehow get Tom Mitchell, Jake Carlisle and Kristian Jaksch we will be top 4 next year. (maybe most likely potentially ;))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we sign him to annoy the carp out of Essendon* then immediately on trade him because he's Essendon* scum?
Surely that is allowable under the "they're scum" policy
They've used everything else known to man, not surprising they've injected fish.

Yeah, backfired on Tippett and Franklin.
Buddy's on a 10 year deal, but yeh, let's say it's a raging success and won't have any salary cap consequences only 9 months into the deal. They've already lost Mumford, Lamb & Everitt.

Here's a great rumour from Facebook, and it even comes with a picture!

"Contracted until the end of 2015, Jake Carlisle has attracted the attention of 4 Melbourne based clubs.

Carlton are the front runners with a $800k per year, 4 season contract on the table. Carlisle's manager Anthony McConville was not available for comment regarding the 22 year old's future."

10622924_1471499519802533_3676507567184611524_n.png

What a BRILLIANT strategy !!!!!! See what Carlton does is

1) Sign Carlisle on an EXTREMELY front-ended contract (say $2 million in the first year, then $400k/year each year after that)
2) Carlisle gets knocked out for a year by ASADA, sues Essendon* for lost wages (ala $2 million)
3) After a year Carlton has to cover the balance of the contract.

So Carlton steals a quality player from a hated enemy + said enemy gets no compensation + said enemy has to pay the majority of the players contract. It is a WIN/WIN/WIN

Carlise is so overrated it's not funny. He has no smarts as a forward and fluked a purple patch kicking 6 then 8.

However I would happily pay him $800k a year just to see the look on the Essendon faces.

How good would it be to secretly record the chemist, then nab one of their best KPP players!?

Buddy's on a 10 year deal, but yeh, let's say it's a raging success and won't have any salary cap consequences only 9 months into the deal. They've already lost Mumford, Lamb & Everitt.

They're arguably a better side without those players and our best players are signed up. If we can afford 800k why the hell wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back