Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3mil over 5 years? I'd be pretty happy with that deal. It's still overs for a guy so out of form this year but it's overs by the right amount so to speak.

Six and seven year contacts can gagf though, that's over half a career in one contract for most players and you'd want to be a 'marquee' draw card to even be asking.

Can Freo convince him that we're the better chance than Geelong for a premiership along the way?

Sorry to intrude, but the talk of deB interests me. Would suck for you guys to lose the guy as I know he's part of your leadership group and would be unfair to be forced out.

I see some of you are keen on Garlett. Reckon a trade could be accommodated? Both would offer each side value and could be Best 22, after having poorer years for differing reasons.

Perhaps a straight swap of Jeffy>deB with a downgrade of our 3rd pick to yours?

So Garlett + ~41 for de Boer + ~49

Don't know why some want Garlett over here, he's crap.
Not to stir anything up, but you've got no idea what you're talking about. Can't talk for whether you have space/demand in your side for him, but he's a WA boy and has had personal issues this year and had injury troubles in the pre-season. Prior to that, he played almost every game 3 years in a row and kicked an average of 40 goals a year over that time... as a small forward.

Would come cheaper (salary) and reckon Ross could bring out his best again, and become a perfect Ballantyne replacement (long term).

So don't say he's crap.

Not to stir anything up, but you've got no idea what you're talking about. Can't talk for whether you have space/demand in your side for him, but he's a WA boy and has had personal issues this year and had injury troubles in the pre-season. Prior to that, he played almsot every game 3 years in a row and kicked an average of 40 goals a year over that time... as a small forward.

Would come cheaper (salary) and reckon Ross could bring out his best again, and become a perfect Ball replacement (long term).

So don't say he's crap.
I'd happily take Garlett. Would rather trade Suban than deBoer though.

Sorry to intrude, but the talk of deB interests me. Would suck for you guys to lose the guy as I know he's part of your leadership group and would be unfair to be forced out.

I see some of you are keen on Garlett. Reckon a trade could be accommodated? Both would offer each side value and could be Best 22, after having poorer years for differing reasons.

I would be up for that

Trade section saying the club were keen on Lumumba, meeting him in Subi yesterday. Questionable disposal but I really do like him, you can say what you want about him as a person but Buckley is a rat who ditched the Bears and as hard as Lyon is, he isn't a prick – he seems hard and even, not just petulant and perpetuating a boys club like Bucks. I doubt he'd cause an issue and I think he'd be worth looking at.

Garlett would be awesome. Loved him on half back in the games he played. I always thought he'd be soft but man, he had commitment and dash from the back 50. I would really like him. De Boer would be just what the Blues need as well.

Montagna is so pointless. Midfield is the least of the worries.

Malceski would be great. I doubt he'd command much cash, has ties to WA, and would be a better back-up than whoever else we'd have as a key defender (after Dawson and Silvagni, who really is there? Luke is gone).

Sutcliffe - Silvagni - Spurr
Duffield - Dawson - Garlett

with Malceski on the bench and Heritier on the flank and half back, interchanging

Not to stir anything up, but you've got no idea what you're talking about. Can't talk for whether you have space/demand in your side for him, but he's a WA boy and has had personal issues this year and had injury troubles in the pre-season. Prior to that, he played almost every game 3 years in a row and kicked an average of 40 goals a year over that time... as a small forward.

Would come cheaper (salary) and reckon Ross could bring out his best again, and become a perfect Ballantyne replacement (long term).

So don't say he's crap.
He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, the work rate at Freo is a lot more than when he played his best footy for the Blues.

Garlett kicked 43 goals in 2013 and he would give us the flexibility of playing Walters and/or Ballantyne in the midfield in spurts. Also provides pace. Downside is you couldn't really fit all 3 small forwards in the team all the time, he tends to go missing in some games and he would hold back Josh Simpson if he is still in our plans.

Trade section saying the club were keen on Lumumba, meeting him in Subi yesterday. Questionable disposal but I really do like him, you can say what you want about him as a person but Buckley is a rat who ditched the Bears and as hard as Lyon is, he isn't a prick – he seems hard and even, not just petulant and perpetuating a boys club like Bucks. I doubt he'd cause an issue and I think he'd be worth looking at.

Garlett would be awesome. Loved him on half back in the games he played. I always thought he'd be soft but man, he had commitment and dash from the back 50. I would really like him. De Boer would be just what the Blues need as well.

Malceski would be great. I doubt he'd command much cash, has ties to WA, and would be a better back-up than whoever else we'd have as a key defender (after Dawson and Silvagni, who really is there? Luke is gone).

with Malceski on the bench and Heritier on the flank and half back, interchanging
Interesting that you see Garlett as a HB - would be good on the opposite side to Walters tbh but reckon he'd be good wherever he plays... as long as he can get his head together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know why some want Garlett over here, he's crap.
He was a frontrunner in the forward line, I would absolutely agree and see him as only good when the rest of the side is. But seriously, he is much better (and younger, and West Australian) than Pearce. Deployable at half back, either flank, and anywhere in the forward line

Collingwood would probably want Zac Clarke in return for Lumumba

You're not implying that Malceski would be a back-up key defender are you?

What?!?

Please god, let this only be a rumor. Lumumba, no thanks, he probably got insulted by that.

I would much prefer Ryder or Carlisle, but I would take Jarrad Waite on a two-year deal
In 2014 he Ranked 3rd in Contested Marks per Game; Ranked 9th in Marks Inside 50 per game
Averaged 1.8 goals/game and 2.9 tackles per game.

Despite playing in the back half at points throughout the season, still managed quite solid stats. Exactly what we need, even if he doesn't play all of the games. Age the obvious downside.

JW was our leading goal scorer with 29 for the year and only played 16 games, including 16 from R18-23.

Definitely worth 2 years, but 2nd should be made to be earned through performance-based conditions. Sucks he'll likely leave after the club has shown him loyalty over past 12 years.

Don't know if it would be enough to get it done unless he would like to live in Perth

Fremantle have now officially tabled a $3 million offer on a five-year contract deal for free agent James Frawley, which trumps Geelong’s 2.5 million for the same length of contract.

Frawley held formal discussions with Fremantle officials and visited the Dockers’ home base at Fremantle oval last weekend.

Well if true that is about as far as we should go. Even that is overs by a bit, but it's a sellers market so fair enough. I would like performance/fitness clauses for the latter years, though Frawley would probably baulk at that.

I don't know, I keep changing my mind on Frawley. On the one hand I don't rate him as highly as the coin we're going to need to spend to get him, on the other if he plays to his ability he could be an essential part of a premiership tilt able to play big at both ends of the ground.

Didn't Garlett just nominate Collingwood as his preferred club or is that just a rumour? Ross said he wanted Walters in the midfield next year so it would be a good fit for us except for his personal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back