What do people think of Creationism?

Remove this Banner Ad

At last, some Wisdom. On the money Rabbi...gee Geelong supporters are smart.;)

I've simply asked the Naturalists to provide data to disprove that the world came into existence by the Word of God. Of course no one can do that!

So why are some on here saying that the possibility that God 'created the heaven and the earth' has been DISPROVED? That is impossible for the scientific method to test...thus to say that the world was NOT created by God is a statement of FAITH(Wishful thinking maybe). Just the same as me saying that the world WAS created by God.

People who say science has disproved God or 'creation' are simply exercising blind-faith (hope and trust that God doesn't exist and that NOTHING caused everything). Science can not measure 'outside the box'. It measures and tests everything inside the box...very useful, yet 'ultimately' limited. Because, how the heck did the box get here in the first place. You'll never find the answer inside...you gotta go outside (That's difficult)...or the one outside must enter and come inside to 'reveal' and provide evidence. Thus the need for the science of Philosophy and Theology.

This particular sentence is note-worthy - you are asking people to 'prove a negative', which, by definition, is impossible. It's also unscientific and that's why scientists don't even bother to ask such questions, let alone try to answer them.

LOL...again, can you provide evidence for the theory of evolution? Can you show me the missing links in the evolutionary chain?

there is no such thing as "the missing link". just asking such a stupid question shows you really have NFI about the topic.

http://killingcommonsense.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/the-myth-of-missing-link.html

you should have been able to find answers to your questions by 2014. the fact that you haven't suggests to me that you've never really looked.

Are you serious? This is horrifically DOGMATIC. Some of the most pathetically inept propaganda I've seen.:confused:

But the first Vid (I fear for my intelligence watching the other 14 videos) said something that I totally agree with and Naturalists seem to completely miss.

At 4:23 in the Vid this is stated, "But this supposed controversy never was about whether or not there was a god (Theism). Most people believe there is a god and that he is in control of all the seemingly random events of our lives (Sovereignty). This is true of most of the people who accept evolution...(Evolutionary Theism)" BINGO!!!!!!

Now, try to use your rational minds at this point. EVOLUTION does not DISPROVE GOD!!!!! Got That? Ok.

EVOLUTION does NOT account for THE FIRST CAUSE (Also many consequential causes there after too - but let's keep it simple)!!!! Got that? Ok.

Conclusion Question: What/Who CREATED? What/Who Caused? What was there before there was?

Genuine questions that we must wrestle with.

Now, try to use your rational minds at this point. EVOLUTION does not DISPROVE GOD!!!!! Got That? Ok.

Ironically, the only people that think evolution attempts to “disprove” god, are theists. That’s why they’ve been waging an anti-science campaign (in the US at least) for the last few decades. Evolution describes how species have changed over time. it says nothing about “first causes” (that’s abiogenesis).

Of course, evolution does disprove the concept of mankind’s “soul”, but that’s a separate topic.

Ironically, the only people that think evolution attempts to “disprove” god, are theists. That’s why they’ve been waging an anti-science campaign (in the US at least) for the last few decades. Evolution describes how species have changed over time. it says nothing about “first causes” (that’s abiogenesis).

Of course, evolution does disprove the concept of mankind’s “soul”, but that’s a separate topic.
You are right to some degree, but your bias is showing a little. I know heaps of Theists (we tend to hang with our kind) who don't think evolution disproves God and I know a few Atheists who think it does. Anyway, we won't quibble, we are essentially in agreement.

Your second assertion is astounding! And again, you seem to think you can use evolution to disprove something that is beyond the scope of the scientific method. Why do Atheists continually rely on science to do their theology and philosophy? Incredible.

Your second assertion is astounding! And again, you seem to think you can use evolution to disprove something that is beyond the scope of the scientific method.

it's really not that "astounding". human beings, like every other lifeform on the planet, evolved over extremely long time periods. what particular biological or environmental factors developed our soul?

and you never replied to my smackdown re 'the missing link'.

it's really not that "astounding". human beings, like every other lifeform on the planet, evolved over extremely long time periods. what particular biological or environmental factors developed our soul?

and you never replied to my smackdown re 'the missing link'.
First statement: Prove it.

Second statement: "Smackdown"...yep, you're a winner!;) I loved the third point in particular when it used 'analogy' to 'prove' a so called scientific point...never a good idea! But let's entertain this for a moment.

Analogy: Human growth and the aging process - Observable!!!! = Evolution as FACT!

Also to call human growth and aging Evolution is completely insane. I am aging...not evolving.

Anyway, I'm moving on. This has been an interesting discussion.
Keep the faith!

there is no such thing as "the missing link". just asking such a stupid question shows you really have NFI about the topic.

http://killingcommonsense.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/the-myth-of-missing-link.html

you should have been able to find answers to your questions by 2014. the fact that you haven't suggests to me that you've never really looked.

Precisely. The entire term became obsolete the minute On the Origin of Species hit the shelves. There is simply no such thing. It stemmed from the "Great Chain of Being" myth of the 18th and 19th century - silly knuckle-walking apes to brilliant humans standing upright. Except of course that's wrong. Nature isn't a ladder; it's a bush. An amazingly thick and diversified one.

I was creationist for the first 30 odd years of my life. After a somewhat difficult unlearning/relearning process (a process that for some reason began rather whimsically during my reading of a book called A Short History Of Almost Everything by Bill Bryson), I can now say that I'm a bit piqued about being systematically lied to for such a long period of time, and quite embarrassed for the position I took in certain debates with various people during that time.

I also learnt about this thing called 'critical thinking' as well. Totally foreign concept to me before that.

I was creationist for the first 30 odd years of my life. After a somewhat difficult unlearning/relearning process (a process that for some reason began rather whimsically during my reading of a book called A Short History Of Almost Everything by Bill Bryson), I can now say that I'm a bit piqued about being systematically lied to for such a long period of time, and quite embarrassed for the position I took in certain debates with various people during that time.

I also learnt about this thing called 'critical thinking' as well. Totally foreign concept to me before that.
Hooray for you, and for Bill Bryson. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious? This is horrifically DOGMATIC. Some of the most pathetically inept propaganda I've seen.:confused:

But the first Vid (I fear for my intelligence watching the other 14 videos)

your loss. He is a very very well researched biologist. And if you watched the rest of the vids it would allay your non-problem of a 'missing link'. But as I suspected you are not genuinely interested in learning about evolution.

Enjoy the bliss of your ignorance. I'm sure Yahweh will look fondly on your intransigence come judgement day. :D

Precisely. The entire term became obsolete the minute On the Origin of Species hit the shelves. There is simply no such thing. It stemmed from the "Great Chain of Being" myth of the 18th and 19th century - silly knuckle-walking apes to brilliant humans standing upright. Except of course that's wrong. Nature isn't a ladder; it's a bush. An amazingly thick and diversified one.
@ sheila heti

images

It's as if son of meto is waiting for us to show him a picture of a half ape, half human creature as evidence of the "missing link!!!!!!!111".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back