Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed some posts ...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...rmed-crows-only.1077206/page-61#post-35161164

But anyway, it seems you believe Fagan was instrumental in the sacking of Sanderson ... I completely disagree, and think it has been discussed round-and-round before on this very thread.

Thats ok, I don't need to convince you and please don't feel the need to try and convince me.

Interesting that you accept that as evidence when the same article dictates that Goodwin is red hot favourite to be Sando's successor. Like Caroline Wilson or any journo had any idea about this.

Happy to agree to disagree though.

It was a great response by Danger. Time will tell.

Yup.. Saying I love the club and love playing here means a lot. These are empty words that mean nothing either way.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-07/i-want-to-stay-at-hawthorn-buddy/4871000

http://www.perthnow.com.au/i-want-t...272099432?nk=3a1f13d7ba7847706784ca0fb0b13a42

There are so many more examples of this - for both players who stay and go.

People must understand that players who are still contracted will only say positive things about the club, but this is absolutely no proof that they intend to stay.

I wonder if Danger now feels a bit of ownership, a bit vested, now we've done what he wanted?

Once you get what you asked for, it might seem a bit like he's obligated now?

Who the bloody hell knows with Danger?

Seriously - his media persona does not have a great track record. He came out before Craig left stating how much he loved Craig and how his decision to stay would be heavily influenced by this. Craig leaves Danger stays. He then came out in the media talking about how he loved Sando and his decision would be positively influenced by Sando staying. Now it comes out that the leadership group was partly responsible for Sando getting the arse.

Is this what Danger wanted? Is this against what Danger wanted? Did he stab his mate Sando in the back? Who the hell knows apart from those in the inner sanctum.

I heard that pathetic Lindy blubbering away on 5AA.

Lucky the club isn't run by Lindy or we'd still have Matthew Smith and Luke Jericho on our playing lists. :eek:

Mentioning those two names used to be a banning offence around these parts macca23 I remember you calling for ;)

Honestly the thing I just cannot understand is how the Melbourne media are acting like we missed out on Simon Goodwin. Do they honestly believe that this was a decision made on Wednesday AM - with no planning and we quickly called Simon Goodwin afterward to see if he was free? Because there is no way in hell that Roo would have been speaking to his best mate Simon Goodwin about his intentions prior to Wednesday.

Also - to those saying that Fagan had nothing to do with this decision... Horseshit.

You don't sign up as CEO on Monday and then have the coach sacked 48 hours later without the new CEO being fully involved in this decision making process. It simply could not happen.

Because the media had no idea of any of this - no rumours, no hints they are making it out to be a rash quick decision to justify that they are competent in their own work. The fact of the matter is that decisions like this require a lot of planning and people being quiet.

It has been brilliantly executed by the AFC. This is the ruthless streak we have been crying out for. We are very quickly becoming a force.

I agree with most of that but you need to calm down a bit with that last sentence I would've thought.

I heard that pathetic Lindy blubbering away on 5AA.

Lucky the club isn't run by Lindy or we'd still have Matthew Smith and Luke Jericho on our playing lists. :eek:

I'm not sure that's lindy's as concerned if the person being sacked doesn't have a wife and a baby. So she probably would have been a bit more relaxed about those two. Overall though, it sounded like she's handling this pretty well.

I wonder if Danger now feels a bit of ownership, a bit vested, now we've done what he wanted?

Absolutely

Public perception is that Danger was a key catalyst in the decision to axe Sando, not a good look if he turns his back on the club 12 months later

I agree with most of that but you need to calm down a bit with that last sentence I would've thought.

Fair enough... I just see very positive things happening. There are a lot of positives - huge crowd numbers, big support, we are financially sound off the field.

We have some young blood injected into our administration. An appointment of what I think will be a fantastic CEO. I think we will appoint the right person to coach our club.

If we can snag a big fish (Frawley, Cameron, P Davis) and keep our big three our list is actually in surprisingly good shape. I feel if we can trade Danger for a Judd-like deal our future is bright enough I will buy shades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 100% faith in Roo...

What we are witnessing here folks is the necessary 'ruthless' agenda required to transcend above mediocre and 'nice'. Did Sydney blink twice in getting Tippett/Buddy? No.

Roo will look after Danger/Tex/Sloane and we will have powerhouse footy team, mark my words!

Roo on MMM again this morning was gold.

Oh, it is Clarko we're after btw.

It keeps getting better.

yeah 24 hours ago she was hinting clarko, and every contract has an out clause, no way if he goes to the board and says i dont want to coach here, i want to coach at another club and will leave at the end of my contract if you make me say, no way at all they prevent him from leaving, but yeah today on 5aa she said the words 'id be amazed' when pressed on if she though clarko would coach at adelaide next year
Let me translate "I'd be amazed"

Caro 'I'd be amazed' - really meaning 'I ****ing hope not! If Clarko went to Crows they'll be winning premierships and nobody here in melbourne want's to see that!!'

Finally, I've caught up to the thread, now, when I wake up in 8 hours time, I should only have another 20-30 pages to go!

Interesting (exhausting actually) reading the opinions of other posters, so many were calling for change but the nature of the changes in only a few days (new CEO, sacking of Sando, no leaks to the media) surely has taken everyone by surprise!

My opinion, like playing a game of footy, you sometimes have to roll the dice and take a risk to win, for a club with our resources, we surely have underachieved for some time now and I'm glad that some people (in particular Roo) have decided "enough is enough", we're better than this!

What did he say?
Ditts put it to him, reckons an afl club executive said we've offered Clarko a big deal.

Roo went all quiet. Wouldn't rule it out even when Ditts asked him to. Then they started laughing, joking about it. It's was blatantly obvious he's on our radar.

Roo was on a mission before that. Poured it on the media that suggested the sacking was player driven.

Doubt it. It's not his responsibility at all.

If it were true that he threatened to leave the club if Sando didn't go then maybe. But I don't think it happened like this, unless there's some evidence somewhere I've missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back