Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke.

The exprimental nature of this film means it is hard to judge on some levels, but all up it kept me engaged throughout and it made a few interesting points. Probably could just as well be a radio play though.

Really good performance by Tom Hardy and I suppose the other actors do a good job.
The ending was ok and above all consistent with the rest of the narrative and character development, but somehow I think it did miss a trick in the payoff, they could have tried a bit harder here. Not suggesting some big twist was required, but they could have escalted a bit moe and gave us something

It is worth checking out for something different. If you are easily bored by long scenes then maybe not for you, but I think the tension should be enough to keep most movie goers engaged throughout; even if ultimatley there is nothing all that profound or memorable to take away from it.

No i think I would like it. Think I might make the trip to see it then, good thing I'm on holidys, will def have the time!
Haha good to hear. It's one of those movies you need to see and make up your own mind. Be prepared to set aside 3 hours though.

It's about as close to unanimous acclaim as a film gets, and also offers somewhat of a one-of-a-kind film experience. The session I went to included an elderly couple and a row of young adult girlfriends, and everyone appeared to really enjoy it. People that matured during the early 21st century will also get a lot of nostalgic value out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felony - Good aussie flick about a cop that is involved in a hit & run. Good performances from Joel Edgerton, Jai Courtney and one of my favs Tom Wilkinson. Was a little too slow at times but was an enjoyable flick. Joel Edgerton is one talented man (wrote, produced, acted)

Great in Warrior and Gatsby. s**t's all over Sam Worthington and his 'acting range'.

Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) - Found this on Netflix last night and had always wanted to see it after seeing the music video Blister in the Sun years ago. I thought the movie was okay, I mean who knew assassination work could be so casual or their aim worse than the Stormtroopers in Star Wars?. 5/10

42 - Chronicles events surrounding the first African American to play Major League Baseball, found it educational but I wasn't enthused by some of the performances, mainly Harrison Ford, badly miscast imo. 6.5/10

Last edited:
Haha good to hear. It's one of those movies you need to see and make up your own mind. Be prepared to set aside 3 hours though.

I got 2 weeks, think I can manage three hours. :D

I think it's on at Rivoli?? Think I might head over there n catch it..

Sin City A Dame To Kill For. Was cinematically as spectacular as the first but the story was just lacking, still very much enjoyed the girls and the ultra violence 7/10.

TRANSFORMERS 4

An improvement on TF3...but that's not saying much.
Can't half tell Bay's a rack-addict.....movie all over the place like a mad womans custard.
At least i could tell which TF was which in this one.

5/10

The Ice Man - Good movie, good insight into the life of Richard Kuklinski but I thought the build up from pr0n shop worker to a professional killer could have been done a lot better as it seemed to be rushed. I have to laugh at David Schwimmer and his choice of characters in movies/tv shows as they are never liked (see Band of Brothers).

Best part imo:
"Can I blow my nose now?" *pew**pew**pew*
7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back