Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt that VB was a good leader even if he isn't the teams best player. the players certainly hold him in high regard.

But if he is a spud in 2015, that's not a good thing for our Club.

Talia strikes me as a man that should be named our Captain.

Good point. The only thing I came up with, is Roo asked him to come as an assistant to which he said no thanks.
I Think if there was anything in Roo calling Goody then Goody wouldnt have said that he got a phone call to he media
Don't understand the big deal about the Roo phone call. They are mates, and Roo was probably just touching base to see where Simon was at.

Do people seriously believe Roo was calling to offer Goodwin the senior coaching job? Really? C'mon.

There will be a selection process in place, and Roo was probably just asking Goody to see if he was interested.

Gosh, I can't believe how poor the media reporting has been around this matter.

Seeing as Roo & Goody are best mates i would have thought Goody would have mentioned the Melbourne job to him before this phone call Roo isnt dumb he wasnt trying to convince Goody to come here

im pretty pissed with penbo coming out on radio and throwing a kid like matty crouch under the bus, the club need to take the crow ambassador title off him, some ******* crows fan he is, what a campaigner.

just tweeted him to hand in his crows ambassador title, absolute prick

Last edited:
im pretty pissed with penbo coming out on radio and throwing a kid like matty crouch under the bus, the club need to take the crow ambassador title off him, some ******* crows fan he is, what a campaigner.
Didn't Roo categorically rule out a player movement like that? Why would our ambassador be trying to spread that sort of rubbish?

FFS guys ... VB is captain and so he should remain.

Danger and Sloane and Talia's time to work out which one of them is the captain is down the track.

It's basically an internal appointment - the players are the only opinions that matter on this topic AFAIK.

They all want VB, let it go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely unrelated but seeing as this thread has turned into a chat room:

How the HELL can't the Swans get more people to a preliminary final than we get to a mid-season Sunday arvo game?!
I guess no matter how many premierships the AFL give them, not that many people really care in Harbour town.

How the HELL can't the Swans get more people to a preliminary final than we get to a mid-season Sunday arvo game?!

If you need to give a team artificial success to attract supporters, eventually they start to see winning as the norm. We that suffer through rebuilds and heartbreaking losses know that opportunities don't come around very often.

With COLA, they do. No hurry to get to this prelim, there'll always be more...

I just don't see how we can offer Clarko a larger amount of money than the Hawks. Isn't there a cap coming in for money spent on coaches and Sandos contract will be coming out of this. That means we are already roughly 600k closer to the cap than the Hawks without even paying for a current coach.

The football department cap is a 'soft cap' - the club can spend over it, but it just means that they'll then have to start paying substantial tax as part of the equalisation fund...

I'm comfortable with that arrangement

Sanderson's relationship with the younger players was definitely a massive problem.

I've heard from a few different people over the last few days that those boys had little to no contact with him, and that he didn't show much interest in their development as footballers in terms of reviewing their performances, advising them on areas they could improve etc. They really didn't like him but in the interests of professionalism they put their heads down and continued working. It seems that a lot of them felt that they weren't learning anything from him and that he just wasn't the right man for the job.

This all came out in the review, and the general feeling is that while it wasn't the only reason for his sacking it was definitely one of the factors the board would have considered when making their decision.

It's tough for Sando because there have been several extenuating circumstances for the club's inconsistent form over the past 2 seasons, but the board have obviously decided that regardless of those factors, he just wasn't up to the job. Time will tell whether that was the right decision or not but I think it's pretty clear that relative to their talent, this group of players has massively underperformed in the last 2 seasons, and that responsibility ultimately falls on the senior coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back