Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what Wood_Duck is saying. I also believe that Sando may have thrived under better circumstances, but i just don't think he progressed like he should, even going backwards (as WD mentions) since 2012. Was that him, or was that the circumstances? We'll never know
The thing that I thought Sando should have been getting right was this 'champs one week, chumps the next' yo-yo that we had to watch this season. I don't know how a coach is supposed to get this right, but he just has to. It's his 'magic coach juice'. But Sando was saying "I don't know what it is, I cant' put my finger on it, we need to try and figure it out and put it right". I didn't like that.

Review started in June. I would like to know who did the review, who did they report to.
They have said the review was conducted by Chapman, Noble and Roo (maybe Payze also) as well as Sando himself (although obviously not in relation to himself).

Id say they made their own decisions and then consulted with the rest of the board.

When did Ricciuto join the board? I'm guessing the same time the review started.
Again in the AA or MMM interview last night. Chappy said he asked Roo to start his tenure early to help with the review. Can't remember exactly when he came onboard, but think the board didn't like the way the club was tracking halfway through the year.

Roo is an exceptional leader. I'm not convinced he's an exceptional administrator (not that I really have evidence either way) - but perhaps he doesn't need to be. Perhaps he just needs to be the guy who inspires the other administrators around him to back themselves in and make the hard decisions.
Board members are not there to do administration. The staff are there to do that. Boards ARE there to do governance, but directors don't all need to have the same skill sets, as long as the board as a team has the various areas covered. Roo may be there to oversee the strong leadership and footy culture within the club, and if he does that well then he is succeeding. So far so good.

Again in the AA or MMM interview last night. Chappy said he asked Roo to start his tenure early to help with the review. Can't remember exactly when he came onboard, but think the board didn't like the way the club was tracking halfway through the year.

So that would suggest Ricciuto is the head kicker. Was brought in for a purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point. The only thing I came up with, is Roo asked him to come as an assistant to which he said no thanks.
Valid point. I'm just being cautious. Lets wait and see what position we are in in 6 weeks time before we go branding these guys the new messiahs. Theres alot to get excited about. Cautious optimism.

Board members are not there to do administration. The staff are there to do that. Boards ARE there to do governance, but directors don't all need to have the same skill sets, as long as the board as a team has the various areas covered. Roo may be there to oversee the strong leadership and footy culture within the club, and if he does that well then he is succeeding. So far so good.
There are very often working review committees that include board members in the corporate world.

Valid point. I'm just being cautious. Lets wait and see what position we are in in 6 weeks time before we go branding these guys the new messiahs. Theres alot to get excited about. Cautious optimism.
I agree but before this I was in a totally depressed state and was going to give up my membership. I feel like a teenager again now. If only Blighty was still the messiah!

Don't understand the big deal about the Roo phone call. They are mates, and Roo was probably just touching base to see where Simon was at.

Do people seriously believe Roo was calling to offer Goodwin the senior coaching job? Really? C'mon.

There will be a selection process in place, and Roo was probably just asking Goody to see if he was interested.

Gosh, I can't believe how poor the media reporting has been around this matter.

Don't understand the big deal about the Roo phone call. They are mates, and Roo was probably just touching base to see where Simon was at.

Do people seriously believe Roo was calling to offer Goodwin the senior coaching job? Really? C'mon.
Would he have called him if we already had a big name coach signed?

Yeah, fair call - probably the wrong choice of wording on my part (which is why I'm nowhere near a board :p)

Did all the drug allegations split the Essendon players?

No, it made them more galvanised!

Serious damage? Please. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last that a coach is sacked before their contract expires.....

No brains? Get off it. You think Roo and the board members are just throwing darts to see what decision they make? Give them some credit, they are SMART people who would've weighed up all options before pulling the trigger

Falling into a basket case? We were well on our way before. Now we'll go in another direction. UP

Shit post is shit
no need to swear mate. The players did not miraculously galvanize at the bombers. It would have taken some very experienced leadership from bomber Thompson and co. If you actually read my post properly before going off half cocked you would see I said it is a good move if we have an experienced coach lined up. A rookie with no senior support such as a Bailey will struggle imo.

Would he have called him if we already had a big name coach signed?
Absolutely, why not? They are mates. If hypothetically we have a big name coach signed, then he may have been touching base with him with respects to a senior assistant coaching role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back