Game Day Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - 2nd Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I've got a kid losing his eyesight and a mortgage payment due tomorrow. Sometimes we need to remember it's just entertainment, and let it do that.

Sad for sure, but we were there today. What a ride
Of course but it doesn't mean it ain't a bit shite when you lose.

gotta be honest, i haven't watched many port games this year. but the way robbie gray played tonight reminds me so much of ablett, in almost every way (besides the hair). super impressive.

was genuinely shattered for you guys tonight. bigger and better next year!

So many what ifs.

Missed so many shots.

Hawthorn are such an experienced finals team. Roughie is an amazing athlete the big ugly galoot. I'd get Mitch Harvey watching him all off-season.

A couple more minutes...

*sigh*

Port Adelaide, you have been brilliant. And not just today, but for where your club was only a couple of years ago to being a kick out of a GF, you should be holding your heads up high.

And kudos to all the supporters who made the trip, you brought a lot of atmosphere with you.

I have managed to calm down so here is my analysis.
Firstly, I am not going to blame the umpires, they were rubbish for both sides. Poor goal kicking has been a factor all year and unfortunately it cost us at the crucial time. Lobbe seriously needs help. We need to recruit another ruckmen, somebody capable of also taking a grab so we don’t continue bombing inside 50 to Neade. That was pretty frustrating at times. Hartlett looked cooked today, hopefully Burgess shows him the footage of Burgoyne burning him off. I am not sure who would have played on Roughead, he was amazing today. Anyway proud of the boys and my club, bring in 2015.

What did he say?
Can't remember exactly now but it was along the lines of
"I am so lucky that I played with a great club in port and now with hawthorn"
"Kind of feel a bit gutted because you see all the work the port boys have put in during the year, but glad we won"
Just respectful. Something Chaplin could learn from

Mate I've got a kid losing his eyesight and a mortgage payment due tomorrow. Sometimes we need to remember it's just entertainment, and let it do that.

Sad for sure, but we were there today. What a ride

Sorry to hear about your young bloke boydster, I hope his health situation improves, there are, after all is said and done more important things in life than footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10624850_816656445052173_4423807989186787323_n.jpg

celebrating lol

Pretty shattered right now. I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm sure it's been mentioned a dozen times or more how costly those first quarter misses were. Bad kicking is bad footy, and good sides like Hawthorn will make you pay a heavy price if you don't take your chances. Congratulations to the Hawks: it should be a memorable grand final.

One thing I don't want to read from Port fans is, "We only missed the grand final by a kick." Near enough is good enough is for losers, and as the Crows found out in 2012, just because you reach the penultimate game one year, it doesn't give you any guarantees for the next year - or the year after that. Our boys need tonight's loss to burn in their guts over the summer, and work harder than ever to give themselves another opportunity. Things that are worthwhile never come easy, and our boys will know that.

Finally, my respect for our wonderful coach reached a new high tonight. Kenny was all class at his presser, praising his players' courage, reiterating his love for our inspirational skipper, and proclaiming Robbie Gray as the best player in the competition in 2014. Monday night's Brownlow count will be fascinating - will the umpires see it the same way?

Well, the team gave it everything, and it was almost enough

They showed they will never, ever give up. We earned everyone's respect

How exciting was that last run on! They are so good.

Yeah kicking and umpiring, but I have two choices. Be bitter and sulk, or just appreciate all they did and let the players be sad and sorry for me.

Ryder, redden, players a year older, more games on the mcg

The AFL and tv channels will be lining up to have us on Friday nights and prime time.

Time to come top 2, and get home finals and the week off

Well done everyone, what a journey it was!

Great post, our window opens from next year onwards.

2014 was an epic year that exceeded all expectations. We should all just enjoy that for a while.

Looking at it do you guys think we would have got near Sydney next week had we won in the end? We would have won by the skin of our dicks and Sydney had a training run against North. I know it's a bad way to look at it but I feel that we would have been pantsed by a strong fresher Sydney line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back