BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league has absolutely ZERO personality. It's boring, uninspiring, too sanitised and uneventful. It's probably a quicker, slicker standard of football these days, but it's boring as s**t to watch.

Yep and has been like this long before the "North City Dominance" started 12-18 months ago

Last edited:
Think you mean the Bendigo League? They played there when they formed 2006 & played two years up there. They were winless in their first season. Couldn't imagine North city travelling down to the likes of Ocean grove & Torquay to play

NBJFC announces its intention to seek Senior Affiliation with Geelong Football or the Bendigo Football LeagueImmediately upon being advised that we were unsuccessful in our application, the BFL was advised that we would be exploring Senior Affiliation with either the Bellarine Football League or the Geelong Football League (Football Geelong) or the Bendigo Football League. This was part of a confidential contingency plan that NBJFC had pending an unfavourable decision from the BFL.

Just found that on the junior website and assume they're talking about the club as a whole while it was in the process of being re formed ? Agree that it seems ridiculous that they'd consider playing in the bellarine but it was most likely considered a stepping stone to eventually gaining a spot in the GFL.

a quick history lesson will tell you that when the rdfl clubs entered the bfl, redan were nearly dead and buried, their renaissance in part was their ability to draw players from north ballarat's vfl side..Redan, to their credit have been able to hang on to their golden for sometime, however with north ballarat re-entering the bfl, their recruiting ability will take a massive hit long term and the club will slide. Sunbury had to spend good coin to compete the last couple of years, but that wasn't sustainable, unless pokies revenue picks up again. So I believe this competition will go back to the way it was years ago where North Ballarat won premiership after premiership....
Yes but they managed to turn it around just as other clubs are able to if people are willing to put in the work.
Ryang mentioned a bunch of issues with the league or it's clubs, very few of them had anything to do with North Ballarat.
Fixing facilities and developing rivalries will go some way to drawing people back to clubs.
Ultimately we all are passionate about Ballarat footy and would all like to see it thriving, hopefully something can be managed to fix things sooner rather than later.

^^^ I was at the game - Ballarat cleary the better team in the first quarter, too many errors from Redan - I must say Redan were not helped by 3 or 4 very poor umpiring decisions that prevented them getting any momentum going through the rest of the game - no excuses though.......the big question, can Ballarat bring the same intencity next week against the Nth City and possibly create an upset to win the flag?

Dont think they can cause an upset. Hopefully its not a blow out... Crowd this week will be interesting since their will be 5 different clubs represented in football.

Dont think they can cause an upset. Hopefully its not a blow out... Crowd this week will be interesting since their will be 5 different clubs represented in football.

Crowd should be good - you will have the dedicated fans (myself included, to watch Redan in the reserves) of five different clubs and the Marqee tents will attract some casual footy fans as their is no other game in the ballarat area that day to go to.

Crowd should be good - you will have the dedicated fans (myself included, to watch Redan in the reserves) of five different clubs and the Marqee tents will attract some casual footy fans as their is no other game in the ballarat area that day to go to.
There will be a heap from Bacchus Marsh there as their twos making the grand final is the biggest thing to ever happen in their clubs history.

There will be a heap from Bacchus Marsh there as their twos making the grand final is the biggest thing to ever happen in their clubs history.

Good for the 'Marsh - good luck to them, even coming from a fan of the club they will be playing against.

well, Nth City walked it in as expected - at least the Ballarat boys were able to stick with them for the first half - well done to the Redan reserves going back-to-back........ anybody else hear any whispers about the Nth Ballarat Roosters looking to leave the VFL in the future and move to one of the Geelong leagues (thus taking Nth. City away from the BFL as their reserves side)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really get what you mean here. Also I don't think people give north enough credit for there junior structure and culture they have. I was actually going for ballarat but north had 15 juniors, which I reckon would be better than any ballarat team.

I don't really get what you mean here. Also I don't think people give north enough credit for there junior structure and culture they have. I was actually going for ballarat but north had 15 juniors, which I reckon would be better than any ballarat team.
I remember Nth City when they started in the Bendigo league - from basket case to power house - it's a good effort to get where they have.

A lot of work gets put in to make North the club that it is, if others would rather make excuses or snipe that's their own problem.
Congratulations to all sides yesterday, it was a good day of footy.

A lot of work gets put in to make North the club that it is, if others would rather make excuses or snipe that's their own problem.
Congratulations to all sides yesterday, it was a good day of footy.

So there is no work getting put in by people at other clubs. That would be clubs who aren't backed by VFL clubs I guess, clubs without full time staff & doctors & physios on the payroll. Clubs who aren't making 6 million bucks a year from poker machines. The arrogance of you North flogs is limitless isn't it.

So there is no work getting put in by people at other clubs. That would be clubs who aren't backed by VFL clubs I guess, clubs without full time staff & doctors & physios on the payroll. Clubs who aren't making 6 million bucks a year from poker machines. The arrogance of you North flogs is limitless isn't it.
What is this? Maybe you should just say well done and move on.

Seems a few sour grapes here re north citys recent success.I may be wrong but reckon nth ballarat had a strong presence history and success in the old BFL and in the early 1990s went to the VFA/VFL along with Traralgon and Bendigo?The club has been very successfull at that level and many players not good enough to continue at that level with club branched out to other BFL clubs (I reckon Redan rode there coat tails for along time) and minor leagues.
Then North decided to get a 2nd tier club as a pathway and home base also thus forming North City and after lots of hidings in the Bendigo league are now back where they belong and from afar seem to be doing things better than the rest.I say well done to em and im sure its not just budget that breeds success.So stop looking for excuses otherwise footy aint for you.

Great post. I probably hate them just as much as every other person in town but also respect what they have done. A lot of hate comes thru been envious of what they have got.

Was that in response to ravenxau? If it was, I can't see any criticism of North City, just asking about a rumour they had heard about the VFL team moving to the GFL and taking North City with them. I haven't heard anything like that and would seem a strange move to me, the VFL alignment with North Melbourne seems from a distance to be working well.

Went up and had a look Saturday. Lovely weather. Decent crowd a little bit more than i was expecting. (having 5 different clubs footy sides in helped)
First half of the seniors was entertaining with Ballarat having a red hot crack & the majority of the crowd behind them. North were always gonna come and just blew them away after half time. Jarrod Edwards can still play, & just had too much fire power up forward (Lyle, Darmody, Micallef)
Marcus Darmody is one that has flown under the rader. Only played 8 or 9 games (most of them in the last 6 weeks, for 40 goals)
Dont know if North will lose any players in the off season ? and havent heard anything about roosters VFL side joining the GFL. that would be strange.

In the Magoos, redan 3rd straight flag, went in as underdogs. Marsh thought they had it won before they rocked up.

Was that in response to ravenxau? If it was, I can't see any criticism of North City, just asking about a rumour they had heard about the VFL team moving to the GFL and taking North City with them. I haven't heard anything like that and would seem a strange move to me, the VFL alignment with North Melbourne seems from a distance to be working well.
I can see what you are saying. Not too much criticism but still a comment about city and roosters being one. There not and people still think they are. It was more about previous comments around north. I can't stand some of their arrogant players and coach but they have a great culture and are very well ran all the way from under 10s to seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back