Game Day Footscray vs Box Hill. VFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Great day today! So proud !
Lets pray its the start of something
This team kicked a goal after the siren when needed, won a semifinal, won a prelim and won a grand final (all in the same calendar year
:p)
No matter how u see it, its an incredible achievement
and can only serve as a positive going forward at all levels
Congrats to all

What a day.

Voice has somehow gotten through chanting 'Footscray' all day, abusing Sam Grimley and Ryan Schoenmakers, and belting out the song 4 or 5 times.

Crowd was stunning. 23,000, a sea of red, white and blue, and all going absolutely off their heads for the Footscray cause.

Love our boys. Jong, Goodes, Honey, Jensen, Fogdog, they just put their heads in the hole all day and they bloody deserved the rewards. The Jones boy stood up when the game was on the line and sealed it for us.

So proud. Love this club, this is the start of something big.

Great day today! So proud !
Lets pray its the start of something
This team kicked a goal after the siren when needed, won a semifinal, won a prelim and won a grand final (all in the same calendar year
:p)
No matter how u see it, its an incredible achievement
and can only serve as a positive going forward at all levels
Congrats to all

I forgot! I was sitting a few rows behind Fletcher Roberts all day, shoulda thanked him for that goal! :)

Such a shame about Howard. When he runs and kicks long (and gets connection) he looks so fluent. Unfortunately it's so infrequent.

Such a shame about Howard. When he runs and kicks long (and gets connection) he looks so fluent. Unfortunately it's so infrequent.
Loved seeing him absolutely go off when he kicked that goal, seeing how much it meant to him.

Hopefully he decides to stay with the VFL team :)

Talia was fantastic down back too. Been saying for a while now his disposal has improved tenfold. Honestly he is a good long kick now, will be a fantastic defender. Reckon he will hold down a KPD post all of next year.

I really rate Darley as well, obviously a fantastic kick most of the time but I just like his hardness and work around the ball as well, can see him becoming a very good, dependable, half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute Congratulations to the Footscray team...fantastic. Watched on TV and that last quarter was awesome. In their inaugural year they absolutely rocked it! So ******* FANTASTIC!

This year has been fantastic for talia. He was such a complete player in this game. Credit to our club for picking a player who couldn't use the footy and turning him into someone who can!

Same with Jong, the bloke has turned into a package I just had no idea about.

This year has been fantastic for talia. He was such a complete player in this game. Credit to our club for picking a player who couldn't use the footy and turning him into someone who can!

Same with Jong, the bloke has turned into a package I just had no idea about.
Jong was great today. I thought in 13 he was showing good signs, then he was injured...and then you guys signed him a couple of weeks ago and I was a little ummmmm, today, I thought good move!

What a day and for one of the few times I can remember the Doggies having total crowd ascendency at Docklands against a Victorian team.

To the board, who had to raise a significant amount of money to fund the VFL side, we salute you for your forward thinking and making a lot of old scraggers happy today.

What a fantastic day for our football Club. A great turn out by the faithful, for all the negative portrayals of our supporter base and its scale, no one can say we aren't committed to our Club. Absolutely staunch. Through thick and thin. Through and through. It was spine tingling stuff to hear the Footscray chant. Great scenes everywhere.

They'll be magnified 10000x on "The Day" when we win The Big One, but for now, lets enjoy what just happened. Won a flag in the comp we bossed for years and years after a 90 year hiatus. Rekindled our winning narrative with the Club's recent history and gave our young guys a taste of how hard you have to work to win and keep winning.

Campbell, Goodes, Jong, and Jones were my stand outs.

Great scenes with the fans post game. El Scraggo was out there, had a blast grabbing photos with other Scraggers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back