Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The More I think of it the more I think we will have a good off season

I thought it was interesting Gibbs signed on pretty quick , given he initially asked for info about our list . It's as if he was impressed by our plans

Then Judd decided to go around again and if anything hasn't ruled out more than one extra year. Said he hasn't felt this good about footy for years.

Just makes me feel there's a chance these guys have been told a major fish is on the way to Carlton

Now playing devils advocate maybe that fish is a KPP, because Waite seems determined to leave
I think you're onto something... could we see a return of Bootsma?

Of course no KPP of note is linked to us. Is there a surprise coming? Perhaps an Ess player??

Else maybe it is adding serious meat to the midfield in Mitchell

Maybe it is the Mitchell, Jaksch, Higgins trio??

I have no idea btw though I do know an assistant coach said not long ago Jaksch is virtually a done deal

Which assist coach?

When a club is desperate for a ruck Warnocks value goes up considerably I reckon.

George Horlin-Smith or Shane Kersten would be types we should ask for.

Warnock for Horlin-Smith ??

I am the supreme optimist when it comes to trades but even I can't register that one as "do-able". If the club were able to pull that one off, we'd be cacking ourselves laughing for the whole off-season period as a consequence.

Previous trades set precedents though and what might come back to haunt us is the Mumford for 38? trade.
Different circumstances but a player that only gets 2 possessions a game and ranks 21st in almost all 2014 stats for ruckman is not going to get us a great deal. It will be us that has to throw in the steak knives, not the bidder.

Previous trades have feck all to do with future trades, if a club wants a player they will pay what they believe he is worth subject to market forces.

I wouldn't be trading for one of the Crows' big 3. We need players that are U22 and we'd have to give up way too much to get them. Depending how our year goes we might be in the position to pick up one next year for nothing. I would rather take that gamble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Previous trades have feck all to do with future trades, if a club wants a player they will pay what they believe he is worth subject to market forces.
Agreed - but imagine Carlton trying to say to a club, "We want pick 31 for Warnock."
Other club, "Ha ha ha you are friggen hilarious. Sydney got pick 38 for a bloke that went on to win the B&F at his new club and you want #31 for a bloke that gets 2 kicks a game and finished the year in the magoos? Yeah right!"

Maybe we would be better not to ask for a trade on what Warnock is worth and just try a smash n grab on their picks!

Agreed - but imagine Carlton trying to say to a club, "We want pick 31 for Warnock."
Other club, "Ha ha ha you are friggen hilarious. Sydney got pick 38 for a bloke that went on to win the B&F at his new club and you want #31 for a bloke that gets 2 kicks a game and finished the year in the magoos? Yeah right!"

Maybe we would be better not to ask for a trade on what Warnock is worth and just try a smash n grab on their picks!

Easy - say we got 32 for Hampson ;)

Reckon it will be next year's Ablett/Franklin speculation story.

Lachie & Kreuz out of contract for us (of the big name players). Should be an easy year for us. And with potential retirees in Carrots, Juddy & Brock - we should have some $s to throw around.

28 to GWS may as well have been 78 with the amount of picks they had and the amount of picks they intended to use.

Robbie has shown he can play at AFL level. I think the around the boundary game plan hasn't suited him as he is required to put in more work down the ground, but another club may see a use for him. Still, i'd expect something around the 50's for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back