List Mgmt. Dan Gorringe requests trade to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hawks traded aggressively in the past 3 to 4 years and thats why they are able to maintain dominance still.We gotta look to trade our 19-25 players to get someone of any real value.If blokes like P.Stew, Newton, Moore, O'Shea can still net us a good KP prospect with an early 2nd round draft pick or a ready made Key Forward then i say why not?

Why do we need pick 22?
Because without 22 we are not in the draft till 54. As can be seen from earlier cases this is not a great position to be in, even if you are getting a good 1 or 2 trades or free agents. But O'Shea to the Saints is nothing more than a rumour yet. I don't give anything credence in trade week until it has been mentioned a good number of times on the club's board. During this silly season this boards "B" stands for "Bull****".

I hope we can fend off the overtures for Cam O'Shea, Young and Moore. If we can keep those guys and we only lose someone like Newton with our 1st couple picks then I'd be extremely happy.
Newton might develop somewhere but he is a far bigger long shot than the other boys and long term he will struggle to ever get time and develop here.

:(

Because without 22 we are not in the draft till 54. As can be seen from earlier cases this is not a great position to be in, even if you are getting a good 1 or 2 trades or free agents. But O'Shea to the Saints is nothing more than a rumour yet. I don't give anything credence in trade week until it has been mentioned a good number of times on the club's board. During this silly season this boards "B" stands for "Bull****".

It's not critical for one year... Particularly after we got a whole lot younger last year with Impey, Harvey, DBJ, Amon etc

One of those ins this year would be a 22yo Gorringe... Hardly an elder statesman.

Does the rumoured Bomber to GCS move change Gorringe's request - ie. if Bomber says "Navel" Gorringe is starting 22 for next year does he stay with them?

Yea we don't want to be reaching in the draft... ie. Tim Klaosen or Sam Siggins! Tingles gonna Ting!

If we get Gorringe and Ryder we do not need a 1st round pick.

Upgrade Mitchell, and pick 2 other kids up at pick 50 ish + 70ish and we're done. Or alternatively upgrade S Gray as well and just grab one kid with pick 50. Given our list demographic we don't need to be in this draft. And with a well structured list after this period we will have the luxury of going to trade period next year without any glaring needs and can use all our draft picks then.

I think Gorringe has arguably under delivered on what we saw in that finals series as a 17yo for Norwood but in the end his development has followed a similar path to most other ruckmen in the league. He's been behind Smith & Nicholls so its been hard for him to get a regular game.

He hasnt really played a lot of ruck at AFL level and has spent a lot of time playing at CHB. We all said we needed more ruck depth well this is the perfect opportunity to do that with an AFL ready player at the perfect age for our squad.

So far hes played 20 games at 22. You look at what other rucks have done at a similar age who needed physical development:

Lobbe - 3 games
Jacobs - 12 games
West - 7 games
Warnock - 21 games
Bellchambers - 27 games
Mcintosh - 18 games
Simpson - 2 games
Nicholls - 15 games
Mumford - 3 games
Giles - 0 games
Hale - 52 games
McEvoy - 50 games
Jamar - 21 games
Goldstein - 16 games
Maric - 14 games
Hampson - 27 games
Pyke - 0 games
Dercixkxkxxs - 0 games
Lycett - 22 games
Minson - 35 games
Campbell - 20 games

Outside of the freaks like Cox, Kreuzer, Sandi, Naitanui then he compares with most in terms of games played and impact.

If we can get this done for a 2nd round pick then I think its a smart trade.

I think Gorringe has arguably under delivered on what we saw in that finals series as a 17yo for Norwood but in the end his development has followed a similar path to most other ruckmen in the league. He's been behind Smith & Nicholls so its been hard for him to get a regular game.

He hasnt really played a lot of ruck at AFL level and has spent a lot of time playing at CHB. We all said we needed more ruck depth well this is the perfect opportunity to do that with an AFL ready player at the perfect age for our squad.

So far hes played 20 games at 22. You look at what other rucks have done at a similar age who needed physical development:

Lobbe - 3 games
Jacobs - 12 games
West - 7 games
Warnock - 21 games
Bellchambers - 27 games
Mcintosh - 18 games
Simpson - 2 games
Nicholls - 15 games
Mumford - 3 games
Giles - 0 games
Hale - 52 games
McEvoy - 50 games
Jamar - 21 games
Goldstein - 16 games
Maric - 14 games
Hampson - 27 games
Pyke - 0 games
Dercixkxkxxs - 0 games
Lycett - 22 games
Minson - 35 games
Campbell - 20 games

Outside of the freaks like Cox, Kreuzer, Sandi, Naitanui then he compares with most in terms of games played and impact.

If we can get this done for a 2nd round pick then I think its a smart trade.

Definately snorted at this one!

LOL...

Ali Clarke, football writer :rolleyes:
So Souf Ostrayan that the wife of a Crow becomes a football expert.
Ali is a celebrity. She even has her own show on 5DoubleCrow. :rolleyes:

Laughable that she is considered a "Football Writer" in this pissant town when she grew up in Queensland following Rugby League and probably didn't even know that Aussie Rules existed until she started dating Matt Clarke when he was playing for the Bears.

She won't have any credibility as Football Writer until she is made an official Corporation Ambassador.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it is their "sense of entitlement" mentality. Me me me, let me play too.

They're like a fart in a spacesuit, you just can't get rid of them. :p

As much as we will be very well-stocked with ruckmen, it is clearly not a bad thing after this year, although it will make it tough for Redden to make it back into our side. I can't see us targeting Lowden, nor him wanting to come to us, if we get Gorringe and Ryder. Hell, perhaps Gorringe will have second thoughts if/when Ryder is confirmed.
Nah having likely met with Port in the lead up he'd have an understanding of the role we could have for him at the club, if anything he would be jumping at the opportunity to be 3rd in line now when there might be a few that regret not taking that opportunity i.e Lycett.

If for some reason an injury occurred to either first ruck come finals time he'd be giving himself a much better opportunity for gametime than he might've at GCS, not only that but he'd love the opportunity to learn his craft under 2 of the better rucks in the comp.

Being in his home state playing under 2 coaches he'd be more than familiar with would be a massive lure, not to mention the best fitness coach in the land who'll be able to help him get a good injury free run.

Yea we don't want to be reaching in the draft... ie. Tim Klaosen or Sam Siggins! Tingles gonna Ting!
Tim Klaosen was a category "B" non-registered rookie trying to make the transition from basketball. He was recruited in late 2012 and axed 9 months later, not enough time to prove himself. Unlike Sam Siggins who the cows tried to convince everyone was a "diamond in the rough" after he was taken at pick 64.

Tim Klaosen was a category "B" non-registered rookie trying to make the transition from basketball. He was recruited in late 2012 and axed 9 months later, not enough time to prove himself. Unlike Sam Siggins who the cows tried to convince everyone was a "diamond in the rough" after he was taken at pick 64.
Tim is my cousin but I've only ever met him once (last year) and I didn't even know he was on the Crows list til my mum told me later.

Tim is my cousin but I've only ever met him once (last year) and I didn't even know he was on the Crows list til my mum told me later.
We used to have a couple that would post on this board that were realted to a Crows player.

If we get Gorringe and Ryder we do not need a 1st round pick.

Upgrade Mitchell, and pick 2 other kids up at pick 50 ish + 70ish and we're done. Or alternatively upgrade S Gray as well and just grab one kid with pick 50. Given our list demographic we don't need to be in this draft. And with a well structured list after this period we will have the luxury of going to trade period next year without any glaring needs and can use all our draft picks then.

If we get Gorringe and Ryder I'd agree with that, pick up Jake Johansen at pick 50 and upgrade Mitchell and Gray. Now's the time to go balls and all for the flag and I'm prepared for us to sacrifice this year's draft to do it.

You get what you deserve.

This could be the end message taken from this years draft.

Hence, I believe if we landed ryder, Gorringe and a young development player. This will be a great silly season for the club.

#weareportadelaide

Gorringe has been absolutely monstered by Lobbe in our last two games against GCS, with Lobbe getting 56 hitouts this year and 42 in the second game last year. In the first game last year Renouf also played and both had 16 hitouts. Gorringe did not play.

Gorringe has been absolutely monstered by Lobbe in our last two games against GCS, with Lobbe getting 56 hitouts this year and 42 in the second game last year. In the first game last year Renouf also played and both had 16 hitouts. Gorringe did not play.
Even the average rucks were monstering Lobbe before midseason last year & he's 2 years older than Gorringe, Lycett looked like a spud prior to breaking out midway through this season.

Rucks take time to become AFL standard Dan will need to develop for a year or 2 before he's able to slot in as our 1st/2nd ruck, he's the perfect ready made development ruck/forward.

Last edited:
Didnt Jacobs break the record for hitouts vs Lobbe a couple of seasons ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back