Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest I looked up Tom Lee on Wikipedia and found this comment,

"Tom adopted an Australian Shepherd named "Higgins" during the 2014 AFL Silly Season, however Tom is yet to comment on the sound judgement of this decision. Higgins could not be reached for comment and his state of health since the adoption is unknown."

Someone has a sense of humour.

I know that he is a Vic kid but the word is that Jaksch wants out of GWS for more opportunity. The most likely takers are StKilda or one of the other Melbourne teams but given it's opportunity he is looking for what would we consider trading for him.

I know that he is a Vic kid but the word is that Jaksch wants out of GWS for more opportunity. The most likely takers are StKilda or one of the other Melbourne teams but given it's opportunity he is looking for what would we consider trading for him.
Won't happen. He's already said he wants to move back to Melbourne.

Won't happen. He's already said he wants to move back to Melbourne.

Like Clark said he wanted to move to Freo? Know nothing about Jaksch, but unless he's made of sterner stuff than Clark (and no I'm not talking about his mental health - I am a long term sufferer of clinical depression) and is 110% certain of a return to Melbourne, maybe a decent sized contract waved under his nose might tempt him west to a premiership contender for a few years at least, just like the big bucks lured Clark east to a wooden spoon contender.

Like Clark said he wanted to move to Freo? Know nothing about Jaksch, but unless he's made of sterner stuff than Clark (and no I'm not talking about his mental health - I am a long term sufferer of clinical depression) and is 110% certain of a return to Melbourne, maybe a decent sized contract waved under his nose might tempt him west to a premiership contender for a few years at least, just like the big bucks lured Clark east to a wooden spoon contender.

The only thing about that is that he probably isn't worth a decent sized contract. If the club had drafted a few talls before last year and the year before we wouldn't be clamoring for them right now.

As it is, I can easily see this trade period going the same way our last 5 have. We might do a middle of the round trade for a potential best 22 player and we will go to the draft. Hopefully McPharlin / Silvagni / Smith / Pearce hold up ok and we'll all see how 2017 goes after that...

The only thing about that is that he probably isn't worth a decent sized contract. If the club had drafted a few talls before last year and the year before we wouldn't be clamoring for them right now.

As it is, I can easily see this trade period going the same way our last 5 have. We might do a middle of the round trade for a potential best 22 player and we will go to the draft.
Hopefully McPharlin / Silvagni / Smith / Pearce hold up ok and we'll all see how 2017 goes after that...
Agreed. Trade week/free agency looks like a boring one for us, which can be a good and bad thing.

Mmmm yeah Fremantle's 0 premierships, 0 Brownlows, and two prelims really show a great track record...

You can look at it like that. Or you could focus on when we become a serious club and the three consecutive finals campaigns we have played in the past three season under Lyon, which included a grand final, plus the club's first MVP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously? $100k a year plus 2 extra years on a contract and you've paid off a house. Plenty of top professionals and executives do it all the time. And it's not like in the footballing world you couldn't see f&f for a few months over the offseason and pretty much once every 2 weeks if you're that close... Young Gazza seems to have acclimatised OK

I can understand the pull if there's any family illness or young children to consider but otherwise...

It's a pity that you don't understand but it doesn't change the reality. Name one player that has come to either west Coast or Freo for the coin and 'bought it' to their new team?

Young Gazza got significantly more coin. Significantly more. As I said in my previous post, if its Carmichael Hunt (or Gazza) type money then thats different. You can truly set up yourself for life.

$100k just won't do it. Not when if you include off field incomes it will make up less than 10% of their total salary. Show me an example where it has. Just one.

Really? People care about that? We'd get snubbed because we haven't had a Brownlow winner?
I would've though things like our sub par facilities, travel factor etc are more viable reasons.

History means nothing except for this year and perhaps last year. Even the 0 premierships thing is completely bs as around half the afl clubs have not won an afl premiership. They talk garbage. At least when west Coast fans brag about premierships they've actually got something to back it up.

Surprised Ryder is not on the Fremantle radar. With Sandi and Pav slowing down, Ryder would be a good fit.

Surprised Ryder is not on the Fremantle radar. With Sandi and Pav slowing down, Ryder would be a good fit.

Have a word with him and find out if he is interested in coming home to WA.

Really? People care about that? We'd get snubbed because we haven't had a Brownlow winner?

I had this full on debate with an egirl mate of mine recently about the BM.
He was crapping on about how we've won nothing in our shirt history,no cup,no BMs.I said the BM is not what it used to be.Low and behold,priddis wins it but doesn't make the AA team,**** I laughed

Granted it may not happen but I don't know why he would turn his back on a longer deal and more money. Hawks won't give him 6 or 7 years and they won't be paying him what he could get with us. Demons won't either for that matter.

Agree, his best opportunity comes with Fremantle; both financially, and career opportunity wise.
It comes down to being heart versus head.

Mmmm yeah Fremantle's 0 premierships, 0 Brownlows, and two prelims really show a great track record...

For perspective, Ross has achieved an enormous amount in a short time.
Year 1 = First finals win in Melbourne.
Year 2 = First Grand Final appearance.
Year 3 = Third consecutive finals campaign after enduring a season of crippling injuries and a corrupt AFL.

Nobody in their right mind would suggest he has failed because of no Premiership or Brownlows; both were bloody close and still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back