Which club do you hate the most?

Which of these clubs do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy John

Senior List
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I started a thread on this board a while back wanting to see which club Hawks supporters view as their biggest rival.

However, as I am sure you are all aware, biggest rival and most hated club are not always the same thing.

It's quite clear that Essendon, Geelong and Sydney, followed by Carlton and Collingwood, are by far and away the most hated clubs amongst Hawthorn supporters.

Which club do you hate the most, and why?

Last edited:
I started a thread on this board a while back wanting to see which club Hawks supporters view as their biggest rival.

However, as I am sure you are all aware, biggest rival and most hated club are not always the same thing.

It's quite clear that Essendon, Geelong and Sydney are by far and away the most hated clubs amongst Hawthorn supporters.

Which club do you hate the most, and why?

I hate/respect Geelong. They're an incredible team, had they not caused me so much heart ache I might even like them.

I am probably not old enough to understand the Essendon rivalry. They are sort of irrelevant in every way to me.

Sydney I genuinely hate. Taking the player I loved the most, unfair allowances and absolute campaignerhole supporters just makes for a lack of respect and disdain that gets my vote.

Geelong aren't really in this discussion, they only cheat on the field unlike the other two.

I would assume for most Hawks it is still Essendon, Sydney have been an annoying mosquito the last few years but after Saturday it kinda feels like a wrong has been righted. Also with Sydney, a lot of the angst is really with the AFL who facilitate the rorts.

All 3 have a disproportionate amount of flog supporters on big footy which sometimes clouds judgement.

I dislike Sydney the most as a proxy for AFL HQ. If they went back to being just another club I wouldn't dislike them anymore than say Richmond.
Essendon I dislike for being bully boys over the decades.

I have no hate for Geelong - they have earned what they have achieved over their recent era. They're a proud club.

Essendon is the enduring hate - everything about that club is rotten.

Sydney is still number one on my list for now, and until the AFL have them exist on the same level playing field as every other established club, the hate will burn strongly.

Dubious about this poll's lack of Carlton too. Just because they're mostly irrelevant now doesn't mean they shouldn't be hated.

The Swans are something of an irrelevance. The wrongs from the injustice of 2012 have now been squared, I suspect the angst and hate will subside as the list management implosion comes into effect...

For what ever reason I just can't hate Geelong. A good Geelong has always been a fantastic omen for a Hawthorn premiership - we've knocked off Geelong in the finals in each of our last 5 flags. Had we played them in 2012 we probably would have rolled the Swans in the final (undeserved extra day break 'n all). I suspect this hate is one way, most Geelong fans are jaded that we have now equalled their greater era (with a 3-1 record against them in finals)

As for Essendon? Even when they are a basket case you can't help but hate that mob. I just take solace that Hird's hate and envy towards Hawthorn drove him to develop the largest systematic dipping program in world sport. Essendon's darkest period has also coincided with back 2 back Hawthorn flags which is extra special :)

Bombers easily.
These last two seasons have have been insane. Back to back and watching the drug cheats squirm has been a pleasure.

I have a lot of respect for the Cats.

As someone said earlier, the swans have been like an annoying mosquito. We crushed them and the AFL has removed cola. All we need now is to sort out those ambassadorial payments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving this thread and just can't dispute any of the responses so far. For me it's 1st bombers, then Sydney, Cats (with respect), Roos and Blues, then don't care too much. Although I do have a soft spot for Port even though Koshie is a knob, but this may change as they start to grow more powerful.

1. If you are old enough it's North.
2. If you are slightly younger than that, it's Essendon.
3. If you are over 10 years old it's Geelong.
4. If you haven't started school yet, it's Sydney.

P.S. I aslo hate Carlton, but they are too easy to pick on...:)

1. If you are old enough it's North.
2. If you are slightly younger than that, it's Essendon.
3. If you are over 10 years old it's Geelong.
4. If you haven't started school yet, it's Sydney.

P.S. I aslo hate Carlton, but they are too easy to pick on...:)
LOL! I also used go hate Carlton, but they have been a rabble for so long, it is like kicking a puppy.

But even with Carlton up, Essendon is always most hated.
I like Geelong, and while I dislike Sydney's advantages that just means I take a bit of extra enjoyment out of beating them

Essendons arrogance and chest beating makes me sick! Plus I hate Carlton, they are irrelevant and way s**t!

For the longest time I would have said Geelong, having grown up in Geelong in the late 80's it was a good time to be a Hawks fan. But that didn't stop my abject hatred of the Cats all the same - it was probably due to having Cats propaganda shoved down my throat as they made and choked in all those grand finals in the 90s. However over the past ten years as the two clubs have taken their rivalry to new heights - I've really come to respect the Geelong football club, they are a remarkable team and a brilliantly run footy club. I still freakin love beating them, but damn you just have to respect what they've achieved.

So it's the Bombers for me - I just want to watch them burn!

I don't hate Geelong, but I hate that whinging pr*ck of a coach they have.
I have always hated the Essendon football club, you are not a proper Hawks fan if you don't have hatred for that club. And there current predicament just brings a smile to my face.
I also now hate $ydney. I hate them for what they are, and that is a charity case from the AFL. And all this crap about the culture of the club makes me want to puke.

Back