Richmond 2015 Draw - 7 FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES

Remove this Banner Ad

F****G Fantastic if its true ,And love the Anzac eve game idea. This could become another dreamtime type of game for us

But why do we have to play north at the bloody shitland stadium, why cant we play GWS,GC,FREO,WC,SYD,PORT there instead of Roo's

R1 v Carlton MCG
R2 v Bulldogs MCG
R3 v ? possibly Collingwood, making it 3 yrs on end that we have played car, wb and coll in the first 4 rounds.
R4 v Melbourne MCG Anzac Eve { have we lost one of these games yet ) remember '95 what a great night 6 snags in 8 minutes to open procedings.

In all fairness and not one to get ahead of myself but if we are deadly serious about wanting to improve we should be at least 3-1 if not 4-0.

What a good chance to start 4-0. Worst case scenario 3-1.
Hopefully our next couple games could include Saints, GWS or Adelaide in Melbourne

Last couple of years we have had a tough opening to the season. It would be nice to be ahead of the ledger for once

The AFL has finally realized that the MCG is our home ground and that our fans dont go to etihad..
The fact that we play home games at Etihad is ridiculous.

I don't like it, but accept that we have to play a game or two there.

What pisses me off is playing our home games at the other teams home ground!

I don't like it, but accept that we have to play a game or two there.

What pisses me off is playing our home games at the other teams home ground!
If anything we should be playing interstate teams at Etihad and NOT Vic teams.

Our 1 game a year should be against Gold Coast or GWS they have bugger all following

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anything we should be playing interstate teams at Etihad and NOT Vic teams.

Our 1 game a year should be against Gold Coast or GWS they have bugger all following

I'm thinking more about home ground advantage (small though it is) than the crowds.

I remember a few years back losing a really close one to St Kilda at docklands and thinking that if it'd been at the G we would have got the 4 pts.

I'd rather play Melbourne as our Docklands home game than any of the docklands tenants.

I'm thinking more about home ground advantage (small though it is) than the crowds.

I remember a few years back losing a really close one to St Kilda at docklands and thinking that if it'd been at the G we would have got the 4 pts.

I'd rather play Melbourne as our Docklands home game than any of the docklands tenants.
The only thing wrong with that is that the MCG is Melbourne and our home ground.
Thats why we play the Saints, Dogs and Roos at Etihad.

The only thing wrong with that is that the MCG is Melbourne and our home ground.
Thats why we play the Saints, Dogs and Roos at Etihad.

That's the point. Better to play at a neutral venue than give the 'away' team the home ground advantage.

14 at the G, at least 1 a Docklands...leaves 7...

Fair chance we're not going to play down at Geelong.

Not quite

of the 14 MCG games, 10 are our home games, so that leaves 4 away games at the G

Three will be Carlton, Collingwood, and Essendon as we are apparently playing all twice. That leaves just one other away games at the G. I'd have my money on either Hawthorn or Melbourne (you would assume all other Vic teams will be at Etihad). My money is on Melbourne to help boost their numbers.

So off our 11 away games, its down to 7 not at the G. I'd be guessing 5 will be interstate (1 Perth, 2 sydney, 1 qld, 1 adelaide - just a guess)

That leaves 2, with the candidates being Saints, Norf, Dogs, and the Cats. We can discount Hawthorn/Dees IMO (Hawks have an AFL agreement that 100% of home games are at the MCG, and the Dees were more pissed than us about playing us at Etihad - which ever one we are not playing away at the MCG I don't think we will be playing away).

As such, its a 50% chance we will be playing the Cats away, and given their want for us to remain at their ground, I wouldn't be surprised if we cop them at home

Not quite

of the 14 MCG games, 10 are our home games, so that leaves 4 away games at the G

Three will be Carlton, Collingwood, and Essendon as we are apparently playing all twice. That leaves just one other away games at the G. I'd have my money on either Hawthorn or Melbourne (you would assume all other Vic teams will be at Etihad). My money is on Melbourne to help boost their numbers.

So off our 11 away games, its down to 7 not at the G. I'd be guessing 5 will be interstate (1 Perth, 2 sydney, 1 qld, 1 adelaide - just a guess)

That leaves 2, with the candidates being Saints, North, Dogs, and the Cats. We can discount Hawthorn/Dees IMO (Hawks have an AFL agreement that 100% of home games are at the MCG, and the Dees were more pissed than us about playing us at Etihad - which ever one we are not playing away at the MCG I don't think we will be playing away).

As such, its a 50% chance we will be playing the Cats away, and given their want for us to remain at their ground, I wouldn't be surprised if we cop them at home

You might be right....the 'good' draw could just be a way of buttering us up for the trip down the highway.

I'd prefer a trip to geelong over a trip Interstate...any chance of a Tasmania game?

On the North game, It usually balances out. I.e, Will probably play away games against Etihad tennants at the M.C.G at some point as well.

Would you rather play North Melbourne Home and away; or Collingwood away and North home at etihad?

I'd prefer a trip to geelong over a trip Interstate...any chance of a Tasmania game?

On the North game, It usually balances out. I.e, Will probably play away games against Etihad tennants at the M.C.G at some point as well.

Would you rather play North Melbourne Home and away; or Collingwood away and North home at etihad?

no chance, Norf and Hawks would want us at Etihad and the G respectively to maximize their revenues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back