Oppo Camp Levi Greenwood to be on SEN after 6.00 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat in front of Levi and a couple of other players on the plane heading to one the Tassie games this year. Listened intently to the conversation going on Between them. 2 of them referred constantly to "us" one player constantly referred to " North Melbourne". No surprises here

Doesn't mean we can't be angry at Levi for leaving the club and boo him when he plays against North.

If you boo Levi, you really are an idiot. If you do, it would be hypocritical to support Waite or Higgins.

He had no ******* idea where he would be playing in 2015 yet he gave his all and produced in almost every game. How many other North players can you say that about? You can probably count them on one hand.

Nevermind the disgraceful treatment of him in 2013 - you're also an idiot if you think that was the making of him. We simply let a damn good player rot away at Werribee for 3 quarters of a season.

If you boo Levi, you really are an idiot. If you do, it would be hypocritical to support Waite or Higgins.

He had no ******* idea where he would be playing in 2015 yet he gave his all and produced in almost every game. How many other North players can you say that about? You can probably count them on one hand.

Nevermind the disgraceful treatment of him in 2013 - you're also an idiot if you think that was the making of him. We simply let a damn good player rot away at Werribee for 3 quarters of a season.

Settle down. Levi chose to leave for money and because the Collingwood midfield is now very shallow, so he will be a certainty to hold his spot. He could have backed himself and taken less (but still very good money) at North.

But he didn't.

The end.

Fair point, but remember that for most of these guys, they have dedicated their lives to football to the exclusion of alternative life and income earning skills. Most of them are not well-placed to join the workforce at 33 as opposed to others who at 33 have developed their careers and are on an upward earning curve.

Yeah, but arguably they got the pointy end of the money making at the start instead of the end. I'm not sympathetic, just think it is overstated for most players who are on the "average" income. If you've earned $250+ for more than 5 years and can't spin that into a working career afterwards you aren't trying that hard IMHO. I can understand it, I just don't necessarily like the conceit that their lives are over. Hell, some of us spend the first 33 years of our lives pissing it up against a wall rather than building careers and still manage to not be living on the street.

Fair enough he busted his gut for us (and I agree) and I've loved watching him at North. But at the end of the day, he chose to leave. When players choose to leave North I take it as an insult.

And I have no issue with Carlton or Footscray fans booing Waite or Higgins.

Only way he was ever staying was if he didn't get an offer from another club this year, or we matched Collingwoods offer, we didn't as we shouldnt have and we move on. Levi is well within his rights to do that. How people link Higgins signing on is beyond me. If we never signed him Levi would still be going for the 4 year deal at Collingwood. Simple as that.

Where the angst comes from is the unnecessary bullshit trotted out by his manager to s**t on the club, all Pickering had to say was Levi is after a deal of what he thinks he's worth and leave it at that.

He left a sporting team not a business. Therefore he has every right to be booed if people think it's appropriate. Waite gave his best years to Carlton. Levi left in his prime.

He was my favourite north player. Now I'll boo him til I lose my voice. I think it's no different to how Van Persie left Arsenal (money, 1 big season, rival, excuses, hid while he departed)

Higgins and our salary cap, right guise

1414133476871.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you ever ask yourself why Greenwood wasn't part of the group who had games pumped into them? Or do you just assume that he had a different set of rules applied to him, despite being the same age profile as all the others?

BTW effort counts for very little if it is directed the wrong way. I'd suggest Brad was fully aware of the effort as evidenced by the videos of him gushing over Greenwood at training.

Surley you are aware this was one elongated plan from Scott to get rid of Greenwood.....:rolleyes:

Levi Greenwood and North Melbourne 'miles apart' on contract

Levi Greenwood this year got a taste of two things. One was regular football, the other was playing big games with the surge of adrenalin that only the baying crowd can provide.

He thrived on both. It meant that at the end of the year when Collingwood offered him the promise of midfield game time and the certainty that those games would be in front of big crowds, he knew he wanted to play for the Magpies.

Greenwood had not really thought he would not be at North next year. Not when he kept holding his spot in the team. Not when he kept playing well. But as the season dragged on and the offer to remain at the Roos did not significantly improve from the initial one-year deal, he suddenly had to consider the alternatives.

"I was playing footy, I was in the seniors so I thought it would work itself out and in the end it did - it just wasn't with North."

The Dayne Beams request for a trade helped facilitate the move – Collingwood passed on pick 25 to North that it had received from Brisbane in order to get Greenwood – but Magpie coach Nathan Buckley said it was only convenient for the deals to be tied.
"Levi would have come in regardless of Beamsy's situation," Buckley said.

"What I really look forward to at Collingwood is I feel there is a spot right in the middle there for me with Beams leaving now and it is one thing they made clear to me at the start was that there will be a spot there for me provided you have a big pre-season and you get yourself right.

"I got a taste for playing in front of big crowds this year and I really enjoyed it. You get a taste for big games and the momentum in games swinging through the crowd and you just want more of it. We had a bit of that at North but not so much as Collingwood and it would have been less at Bulldogs and North. Although they do not get huge crowds they are very strong and they do give you quite a good push."

Levi Greenwood and North Melbourne 'miles apart' on contract

"I got a taste for playing in front of big crowds this year and I really enjoyed it. You get a taste for big games and the momentum in games swinging through the crowd and you just want more of it. We had a bit of that at North but not so much as Collingwood and it would have been less at Bulldogs and North. Although they do not get huge crowds they are very strong and they do give you quite a good push."

So the crowds for Werribee in 2012 and 2013 weren't addictive or motivating for the coin Levi was on?

With logic like this Levi quote, all I can say is Levi is blessed that he can find the footy and kind of even kick it.

"there will be a spot there for me provided you have a big pre-season and you get yourself right.

Thought FIGJAM promised him 100% game time and 60 virgins?...FML.

He left for coin, and that's fine, but im surprised he keeps making comments that suggest otherwise.

Personally think he's a very quiet, impressionable lad that Pickering's hand is so far up his arse, he could brush his teeth.

Collingwood are milking this PR wise for all they can given the exodus they had. Their PR is very good.

If you are not good at footy then PR is the next best thing to be good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back