Oppo Camp Levi Greenwood to be on SEN after 6.00 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long as Higgins and Greenwood won't be mentioned in the same sentence for the rest of eternity I really couldn't care what he d...
sorry...who is this greenwood fella?

Unless that sentence is "Greenwood takes the ball and wheels onto his left straight into a ferocious Higgins tackle. BAAAALLLLLLL!!!"

we all would have preferred he stayed on but it didnt work out. good luck to him as i think he will be huge for collingwood next season and lets hope Dumont and or Jacobs can push themselves up.

Hopefully he turns out like the last North Melbourne player to cross to Collingwood.
1398046549757.jpg

Don't have an issue with him leaving. Have an issue with how he left.

Supposedly telling multiple people at the B&F he was staying, pissing off to Bali and phoning in his resignation while sunning it up at the beach with Bucks.

And then to play it off as he was being "Pushed out" of the midfield (bullshit) and it was all the clubs fault (happy to admit that the club was on the backfoot on this one but 50% of the blame lies with Levi and his dickhead of a manager as well).
Have heard from no less than THREE different sources that Collingwoods enquiry wasn't an end of year thing, they've been in his managers ear for yonks, so it's not like they just surprised him with a giftwrapped 1.8m.

Then to badmouth the club insinuating he can't play in big games at North (you just played in a bloody EF!) and he looked forward to playing in front of big crowds at a big club. Thats not something I EVER expected to hear from the mouth of a former North player.

Hopefully he turns out like the last North Melbourne player to cross to Collingwood.
1398046549757.jpg

Oh yeah I remember - that's when you had the players playing for the coach not leaving in droves..

1398046549757.jpg
I had no ill feeling towards Browny when he joined the Pies. I was happy for him when he got his Premiership medallion and enjoyed watching him for those few years.

Different story with Greenwood though. He voluntarily left the club whereas Browny was delisted and went looking for opportunities elsewhere. That's why North fans don't begrudge the likes of David Hale, Hamish McIntosh and Aaron Edwards, as opposed to Josh Gibson and Levi Greenwood.

1398046549757.jpg
I think Leigh Brown was a delisted player, rather than one who 'crossed to Collingwood'.

In any case, Levi could be like his new boss, and suffer the curse of choosing the Pies over North...

549448-nathan-buckley-310x380.jpg
art-wbNORTH1999.jpg

and to coach North...

nick-maxwell-nathan-buckley.jpg
AFL+2nd+Semi+Final+Geelong+v+North+Melbourne+pn1l77gGXsil.jpg

Just really pissed about the way he left.

Bullshit excuses, we all know it was almost purely money related. This whole "being pushed out of north's mid" is total bullshit, You were runner up in a team that finished final 4. You played all buy 2 games this year, as a MIDFIELDER to boot..

He has no confidence in being able to keep up the form of this year, hence wanting to leave to play at collingwood for "guaranteed" #1 inside mid.

It's annoying because I didn't expect it from him, that's what hurts the most. We'll be fine without him, he didn't buy in to what we want to achieve so good riddance and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

I know he will live to regret this decision, like I'm sure Buckley regrets leaving Brisbane/Snubbing us.

Different story with Greenwood though. He voluntarily left the club whereas Browny was delisted and went looking for opportunities elsewhere. That's why North fans don't begrudge the likes of David Hale, Hamish McIntosh and Aaron Edwards, as opposed to Josh Gibson and Levi Greenwood.

Don't think it's as cut and dried as that.
Greenwood had a breakout year, was one of your best players.
The contract offer wasn't forthcoming for the majority of the year.
Then you signed Higgins to a 3 year year with an option of a third.
The delay in the contract offer probably cost you Greenwood.
You may be right to say he is chasing the $
That is the way the AFL is turning.
But it comes down to whether you feel it's just to offer Higgins more than Greenwood in the pay scale at North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think it's as cut and dried as that.
Greenwood had a breakout year, was one of your best players.
The contract offer wasn't forthcoming for the majority of the year.
Then you signed Higgins to a 3 year year with an option of a third.
The delay in the contract offer probably cost you Greenwood.
I agree we could have handled it a lot better. But at the end of the day he could have stayed if he wanted and chose not to. And when you choose not to stay at North Melbourne, the supporters never forgive or forget.

Thats rubbish, he gave us heaps of effort for little reward until this year.
The squibs are the ones with gold passes who always got games ahead of him.

Effort does not equal performance though. Otherwise Liam Anthony would be getting another contract.

I agree we could have handled it a lot better. But at the end of the day he could have stayed if he wanted and chose not to. And when you choose not to stay at North Melbourne, the supporters never forgive or forget.

It's hard to pot Levi.
You put yourself in his shoes.
You have your best year and a break out season.
The club takes it's time offering you a new deal.
At the same time, the club brings in Shaun Higgins in on a 3 year deal and a 4th if bonus targets are met on $400 k per year.

It's hard to pot Levi.
At the same time, the club brings in Shaun Higgins in on a 3 year deal and a 4th if bonus targets are met on $400 k per year.

Shaun Higgins whether you rate him or not has been in the Dogs best 22 for 5+ years.

He was dropped this year & spent significant time in the VFL.
That isn't best 22.
Significant time in the VFL? Really?

He played 20 games at AFL level. Seems clearly best 22 to me.

It's hard to pot Levi.

Same reason you lost Dayne Beams.

:thumbsu:

It's hard to pot Levi.
Levi was on good coin on his existing 3 year deal, the first two years of which he played 11 games at AFL level.

Sure, we could have offered him 3 years at $300K in May after he had played a few good games, but that would have been irresponsible without the aid of a time machine to see how he progressed later in the year. Fact remains we did not value him as a $450K a year for 4 year mid. Collingwood did. Levi walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back