Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

:( oh Bobby. That is SO sad. I'm really sorry to hear your sad news :(
Was it too late for the vet to do anything? I thought they had some coagulant stuff for pets that inadvertently eat rat poison?

the veterinarian was not sure but after quickly checking her and doing what they do, she basically said Cats in that state of shock usually end up dying over night so while it sounds wrong, spending $1000's of dollars would have done no good at all.
The vet did say it may have been diabetes, genetics plays a part in everyone's make-up and no matter how young or healthy you may appear on the outside, there can be other unbalancing factors going on within and not until it's too late, do you find out about the inevitable warning signs.

Yeah- there are some things you just can't fix, unfortunately, and it's cruel to keep an animal going just to make us feel better about trying. I thought you might have got your cat to the vet early enough but it sounds like it was in very dire straits :( No doubt your vet would've given you the correct advice. I wasn't doubting your decision at all- I'm sorry if I gave you that impression- I was wondering about the cause as I was actually thinking of other things that might've resulted in sudden illness.

Cats are so independent that I think warning signs can be incredible difficult to detect. You'd have to have it locked inside all day and you'd need to sit at home and observe it all day, to notice subtle changes.

My hubby used to say he hated cats but I see ours snuggle up on his lap when he watches the TV and he lays a blanket down next to him on the couch so the tabby can sit with him. (Of course the cat gets the best spot on the couch.) I reckon he loves the cats now, as much as the rest of us do! They sneak into your heart before you realise it :) We also foster kittens for our local vet until she can find a home for them- it's always hard to let them go. Do you think you will get another cat at some stage?

My girl Indi, the mad digging machine

And my boy Massive, lost him earlier this year to cancer, was the best dog, would literally walk up to you, jump up so just his front legs were on you, then just snuggle in for a cuddle.

Both very lovely dogs, PMC. I bet Indi just thinks you want to replant the lawn out there ;)
My Goldie, Sam, doesn't actually dig a lot (he scratches out a cool spot to lie in, in the garden, over summer) but he uses his nose to push dirt up on anything he wants to hide. I don't buy him toys- there's quite a few buried around the place, here, that we will never find again- but he buries anything he finds around the place that he treasures. Like small rocks, plant pots, drink bottles, shoes, socks... Usually I can find them if I know they're missing :)

This is my Pally, who is with a wonderful woman who is helping overcome PTSD, when he was abused with polypipe. Pally was sent to the doggers because he was uncontrollable when anyone went near him with polypipe + was branded a killer horse! He's been with her for a year now, + she allows him to set the pace for his rehabilitation. Pally has blossomed into the most exquisite + gentle man.

2014-10-23 - From Christine.jpg

This is my Pally, who is with a wonderful woman who is helping overcome PTSD, when he was abused with polypipe. Pally was sent to the doggers because he was uncontrollable when anyone went near him with polypipe + was branded a killer horse! He's been with her for a year now, + she allows him to set the pace for his rehabilitation. Pally has blossomed into the most exquisite + gentle man.

View attachment 88777
Beautiful!!!!

They are totally gorgeous Bots, they look like bears. Their faces are so gorgeous. How much do they weigh?

May be a silly question, but are they 'sooky' type dogs-do they have a gentle nature and do they like to be inside?
Thanks karen. Last weigh in they were around the 65kg mark.

They are gentle but they tend to get a little too excited around new people and may jump. Only one of them is a real sook and is the first one at the door asking to be let in on warm days. One will love you for feeding him while the other will love you for just being near you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks karen. Last weigh in they were around the 65kg mark.

They are gentle but they tend to get a little too excited around new people and may jump. Only one of them is a real sook and is the first one at the door asking to be let in on warm days. One will love you for feeding him while the other will love you for just being near you.
They do look pretty placid. I bet they're glad to get a clip now and then. Do you shave them right down for the summer?

They are awesome BotsMaster
Did you have both from pubs?
And were they had to train?
You mean pups? Yeah we got em as pups and they weren't hard to train.

Very docile and lazy.
1928865_1195256883778_151373_n.jpg

1928865_1195257163785_4221183_n.jpg

Back