2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'The Law' in this case dictates that individuals cannot choose what they can willingly injest into their own body. You'll find that most of the illegal activities associated with drug use is because of the fact that drugs are prohibited by law. If they were available in a regulated market (i.e, just like alcohol and tobacco), you'll find many of the illegal activities associated with drugs would dissapear...

oh how high and mighty of you - I hope you have similar extreme thoughts about the owners of Coopers and Phillip Morris...

are you suggesting that he snorted some something at half time?

LOL... I'm selling "SAVE ISIS - they're human beings too" bumper stickers if you're interested.

genuine question..

amphetamine based drugs aren't considered performance enhancing as far as I am aware. Is that because they're covered by the fact they are illegal substances and a positive test will garner strife anyway regardless of the fact they enhance performance, or is there no scientific evidence to suggest they actually enhance athletic performance?

LOL... I'm selling "SAVE ISIS - they're human beings too" bumper stickers if you're interested.

Wow -- way to post something completely irrelevant. The threat that ISIS pose is exaggerated by both media and government, and you sound like another fish on the end of the hook.

But this has nothing to do with the social health issue which is drug abuse, and the criminalisation of the health issue, which is what we were talking about.

Wow -- way to post something completely irrelevant. The threat that ISIS pose is exaggerated by both media and government, and you sound like another fish on the end of the hook.

But this has nothing to do with the social health issue which is drug abuse, and the criminalisation of the health issue, which is what we were talking about.
You should be careful about peddling information that you really have no idea about

so you don't think the medja are making the most of a bad situation, nor the government?

bah... scratch that - This aint the politics board and it was that idiot beforehand who erronesously brought up ISIS to prove .... well, I'm not sure.. I assume he had a point, but it was lost ...

'The Law' in this case dictates that individuals cannot choose what they can willingly injest into their own body. You'll find that most of the illegal activities associated with drug use is because of the fact that drugs are prohibited by law. If they were available in a regulated market (i.e, just like alcohol and tobacco), you'll find many of the illegal activities associated with drugs would dissapear...

I think you will find that the reason the Law is there in the first place is because people are not always "model" citizens ounce they have injested said substances, much the same as alcohol, however what are my rights when someone has altered there state of mind and enters my house at 2 in the morning with a big stick? I can tell you not much, I am now no longer able to hold pistols in my ("was" a recreational target shooter) house due to a moron high on something deciding my property was something he could take violently, I had small children in the house so putting three rounds into someone swinging a big stick in my house was a no brainer and then him saying it wasn't my fault i was high is an extreme cop out.

oh how high and mighty of you - I hope you have similar extreme thoughts about the owners of Coopers and Phillip Morris...

Dont drink Dont Smoke I do however see the slight hypocrisy in this, all that can be said is that these substances as dangerous as they can be are at this point legal under certain rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomber Thompson staying at Essendon. Is that because he actually wants to be there or did he just have to eat s**t because they didn't give him the head coaching gig and Gold Coast didn't want him either?

Or James Hird is dead man walking and will not survive a new board.

Bomber Thompson staying at Essendon. Is that because he actually wants to be there or did he just have to eat s**t because they didn't give him the head coaching gig and Gold Coast didn't want him either?

Not sure why but over the last couple of years Bomber Thompson has turned into a complete w*kner. The more relaxed he has become with the media the more he has looked like a an arsehole.

Not sure why but over the last couple of years Bomber Thompson has turned into a complete w*kner. The more relaxed he has become with the media the more he has looked like a an arsehole.

I actually find his behaviour totally disrespectful to the AFL brand and arrogant too. Plenty of good winning AFL premiership coaches out there that dont act like a complete dick on TV.

I am honestly glad he didnt come here and I wouldnt have wanted someone of his character to be honest. Mind you thats from a fans perspective, he may be a completely different person and probably is amongst players and other Club people.

It's funny that you say this.

Before he categorically said no to moving to the crows, about round 20 to 22 and was a strong possibility to become our senior assistant - he was awesome according to quite a few posters on this board.

Now as you say, he is an a-hole.

Needless to say nothing but s##t comes out of a relaxed arsehole.

Before he categorically said no to moving to the crows, about round 20 to 22 and was a strong possibility to become our senior assistant - he was awesome according to quite a few posters on this board.

Not this poster.

alex, always the crusader

Are you sure those same people who thought he was awesome don't still think that? You're assuming lots here

The people in here bagging Thompson may have thought he was a campaigner in round 20-22 too and neither side has actually switched....

I gather not responding to the SCN's means it will go straight to the AFL tribunal, without any further unnecessary delays.

ASADA allegedly have proof of illegal drugs (TB-4) being ordered/provided to Dank for use on Dons players & they signed consent forms to take illegal substances. Looks like Dank mixed up which drugs he thought was legal as he admitted/then retracted injecting the players with TB-4... Given the onus of proof is now on the players to prove they didn't take the illegal drugs & neither Dank/Essendon are clarifying what they took - they are in massive strife!

I don't think that not responding to the notices has anything to do with avoiding delays. Hird and Esendon have done everything the can to drag this out...and now the players want it wound up. I'm tired of them playing the victim in this, the victims in this are the clean athletes who they have competed against.

My understanding is that there is a 10 day response period to the SCN's. That's ten days whether the players respond, or ten days if they choose not to respond.

Their choice not to respond has SFA to do with speeding anything up or avoiding delay.

The AFL hears the charges. It's not the regular tribunal, but a special tribunal. If a penalty is too weak ASADA/WADA will appeal the penalty to the Court of Arbitration of Sport.

A SCN is not like a charge that you get to fight, like a regular court process. It means "we've caught you out, now you get a whack". Initially the AFL system determines the size of whack. It's important to look at the case of VFL footballer who was given a 9 month penalty which ASADA appealed and he got 2 years.
The SCN's are an opportunity for the players to say, no, ASADA you have it wrong, I'm disputing some/all of the facts you have presented me. Telling that they are not responding in my view. As I've stated earlier I don't believe that the decision to not respond has anything to do with hastening process, that's media spin for public consumption.

It's also an opportunity to provide ASADA with any mitigating circumstances, such as advice or assurances they were provided by club coaches, doctors etc. etc. who they trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back