Who gets the Choco treatment this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read on the RFC website that Hammer will be receiving some Choco treatment over the summer! Thoughts?

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-29/tiger-talls-to-compete-for-spots

"His VFL form remained strong, and Richardson said the Tigers were confident that Hampson would benefit from working with development coach Mark Williams over the summer in a bid to improve his game."

Out of Conca or Vickery, I'd pick Conca. I think youd get more out of him with a kick up the ass than Ty. I get this vibe from Vickery that it would be like talking to a brick wall

Not sure this is correct, but it gets to the point I wanted to make.

Choco surely knows the kids fairly well by now, and would have a good idea both as to talent and who would respond best to his extra attentions, so I'm happy to leave the ball in his court.

Pretty sure he will work with more than just Hampson...

Choco might not even have time to see his family, such is Hampson's spudishness, according to some.
;)

0e3.png

Everyone else that has attended Choccos Summer School of Hard Knocks has come good(so much for poor development). So I'd back Chocco to get the best out of Hampson

Geez poor old Hampson gets a rough time of it on here lol... he's by no means an elite or even above average player, and we probably gave up a bit too much for him, but he's still better than Tom Derickx, Angus Graham, and Andrew Browne ever were!
Your right he is and I actually think there's still a chance he'll come good and stick it right up some on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope he does too..... Because he has cost alot more than just pick 32.

Could you please detail these other costs, just so I can know where you're coming from there?

Before you begin, I will rule out the "a spot on the list" card as well, because before Hampson we had Tom Derickx in his place.

Cheers man :)

Could you please detail these other costs, just so I can know where you're coming from there?

Before you begin, I will rule out the "a spot on the list" card as well, because before Hampson we had Tom Derickx in his place.

Cheers man :)

For 13 games we either dropped Vickery or Griffith and Hampson took their spot in the side... He is costing us a spot on the list that could be used to develop a ruckman.... Derickx did well enough to play enough games for the eventual grand finalists and out performed Hampson IMO. ... 250K a season... we still have 2 more seasons to pay him. We cant play him with Maric because there is no where on the ground to hide him because other than tap outs he is useless.
If Maric is injured he isnt a good back because at 26 years of age still hasnt built the tank to run out games.... struggles around the ground to execute simple things like marking and kicking. I could go on......

For 13 games we either dropped Vickery or Griffith and Hampson took their spot in the side... He is costing us a spot on the list that could be used to develop a ruckman....

Okay, so straight up you use the argument I already debunked before.

Our 3 main talls are Vickery, Griffiths, and Maric.

Ivan Soldo is our next project ruckman.

We also have McBean, who is 200cm and potentially capable of doing ruck duties when he gets a bigger frame.

Hampson is a pretty good tap ruckman, and whilst his flaws are there for all to see, why is it impossible for him to improve? Maric wasn't that special at Adelaide for most of his time there, and if Chocco has taken Hampson under his wing, perhaps the club can see that and are doing what they can to get the best out of him.

If one or two of Vickery/Maric/Griffiths go down or get suspended, he is a more than handy insurance for that situation, and therefore (at least in my mind) justifies a spot on the list.

Derickx did well enough to play enough games for the eventual grand finalists and out performed Hampson IMO. ... 250K a season... we still have 2 more seasons to pay him.

Tom Derickx is worse than Shaun Hampson in just about every single way imaginable, getting a few games at Sydney doesn't change that fact bro. I'd rather have Graham and Browne back.

Worst player to ever put on a Tigers guernsey mate, by a long long stretch. But, whilst he was at our club, I supported him fully and 100%, just like I do every single player currently on the list.

But mate, if you gave me the choice of having Tom Derickx, and also getting a personal cheque given to me for 10k, or to have Shaun Hampson and a kick to the groin... well, I'd have to give it some thought.

We cant play him with Maric because there is no where on the ground to hide him because other than tap outs he is useless.

Plonk him in the goal square. Even if he's a s**t contested mark, he's going to take one now and again, and the rest of the time, he's got the ability to bring it to ground at least, and cause a stoppage. In which he can then use his excellent tap skills to set up goals in the forward half.

If Maric is injured he isnt a good back because at 26 years of age still hasnt built the tank to run out games.... struggles around the ground to execute simple things like marking and kicking. I could go on......

We've already established that his around the ground work isn't fantastic, but neither is Will Minson's, and he's a former AA.

If you build a good enough game-plan, and make it fit the list you have got at your disposal, any player at AFL level can be MORE than serviceable.

-------------------------

Anyway, you said you had more things, please do go on! :p

For 13 games we either dropped Vickery or Griffith and Hampson took their spot in the side... He is costing us a spot on the list that could be used to develop a ruckman.... Derickx did well enough to play enough games for the eventual grand finalists and out performed Hampson IMO. ... 250K a season... we still have 2 more seasons to pay him. We cant play him with Maric because there is no where on the ground to hide him because other than tap outs he is useless.
Imo Derickx didn't out perform Hampson at all. All he did was essentially tackle the opposition ruck 1 on 1, and didn't contribute at all at anything else. He had an elite midfield to cover his lack of output. At least Hampson won tapouts and was proactive in trying to have a contest.

Imo Derickx didn't out perform Hampson at all. All he did was essentially tackle the opposition ruck 1 on 1, and didn't contribute at all at anything else. He had an elite midfield to cover his lack of output. At least Hampson won tapouts and was proactive in trying to have a contest.

Derickx is a ******* woeful football player, but essentially, his inclusion in the Sydney team backs up my point in my previous post.

Sydney have a strong game-plan that makes players like Derickx look far better than they are.

If we can develop a similar sort of theory, a guy like Hampson can actually be a contributor, because he is nowhere NEAR as bad as Derickx is.

It brings me back to the point I was making in the Taylor Hunt thread... you don't need 22 A-graders to make a premiership team.

A guy like Hampson, if we develop a role that fits him like a glove within our gameplan, could still be a very effective member of our team.

It's the coaches responsibility to find a place for him within our structure, which I firmly believe they can do. It's then Hampson's responsibility to improve as much as possible, and meet the coaches half-way, or at least part of the way.

That's where Chocco comes in...

This ain't rocket science folks!!!!! :cool:

You know it's funny, people s**t on about developing kids and improving players, and being that type of football club, yet they are very happy to not even bother trying to develop guys like Hampson, who are still in the peak of their footballing lives.

It's like "* it, if you're over 25 years old, you're not worth it"

Do people just want the Tigers to be an Under 23's team for the rest of time?

If Hampson was like 30, I'd totally get it, but the guy is 26, the same age that Maric was when he came to us (having done SFA at Adelaide and being considered a risky prospect).

Give the guy a chance and stop with all the stigma and the bullshit, it's so ******* immature and lame! :mad:

Not really. All I will say Ant is that he had a shocker of a year personally. A really bad year that if it had happened to anyone else would have effected your form. Now i am not saying it excuses his poor output completely but its enough for me to support him enough to be a "show me what you have from the first bounce next year" before i will completely right him off.

Cost v reward Derickx out performed Hampson... Imo

Not having a go but the below will surprise :p

Player Totals for Season 2014

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...rName4=&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=1795,

I tried to copy the table over but it came out un readable :p

Going to go against the grain here and say I like Derrickx over Graham... Mostly cos he has an x in his name and that's cool, but also cos Angus was softer then butter left on bench top during that 40 degree heat wave last January.

I'm sorry for this, but... you need to understand.

Skip to 6:30 on the video, and watch from there.

take this the right way brother but I hate you for making me view that again :mad:

:p

I'm sorry bro... I truly am!

But people need to understand just how s**t Tom Derickx was.

Something tells me that if they did, they'd appreciate Hampson more.

I challenge anybody to find me a Hampson clip that is worse than that dropped mark, and absolute complete lack of any type of second effort. :thumbsu:

:p :cry: :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back