Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closer the draft gets the more I want Weller, especially with Duggan firming at #8. Would be happy enough with Cockatoo and of course Laverde if he slides whilst I've warmed slightly to De Goey. Praying that we don't end up with Ahern though.
For our second rounder would love Viojo-Rainbow, Blakely, D.Mckenzie, Maynard, Cavka or Menadue whilst I wouldn't mind Boekhorst, Miller or McLean. Someone is bound to slide surely! Hoping that we don't jump the gun on Smith or McGovern but would be happy with either later on.
Whilst for our final picks Goodyear, Fordham and Hislop are three midfield prospects that haven't been spoken about much that I'd be happy with as third or fourth rounders. Also rate Lim highly, really hoping he gets a go somewhere and I'm a big fan of Buykx-Smith as a developing lockdown KPD. And of course Smith, McGovern and Abbott will all be in the mix as well Deluca, Watson, McGuinnes and Anderson. Wouldn't mind Panos either.

Realistic dream draft; Weller, Viojo-Rainbow, McGovern, Buykx-Smith.

so if petracca isnt a number 1 class pick. could the dees take pickett at 2 or 3 combined with brayshaw. and gws get petracca at 4. Lots of surprises I think to come. demons wanted pickett too. Haha all you doubters im gonna laugh if that happens

I thought we were leaving Guns McNewman as a rookie?

We probably are just pondering the rationale.

I'd prefer us to keep them as rookies.

That way we use pick 66 instead of pick 25-28ish in the rookie draft. ~25-30 more players to pick from.

Yeah tend to agree. Unless there is an intention to play either one early in the season. I reckon Newman could play a role early on.

so if petracca isnt a number 1 class pick. could the dees take pickett at 2 or 3 combined with brayshaw. and gws get petracca at 4. Lots of surprises I think to come. demons wanted pickett too. Haha all you doubters im gonna laugh if that happens
I doubt Pickett's going to Melbourne at 3 but you seem to be right about Pickett at 4. On a platform that i'd guess has a 1% strike rate for providing reliable information, you've bucked a trend. Well done.

I doubt Pickett's going to Melbourne at 3 but you seem to be right about Pickett at 4. On a platform that i'd guess has a 1% strike rate for providing reliable information, you've bucked a trend. Well done.
haha 1% dont you mean 100% thus far. I can tell you demons, wb, pies, gws and gc all rate him and want him. Brayshaw might slip to 4. Might petracca/pickett to demons.

Surely Melbourne would go Brayshaw + Petracca at 2 & 3 - Instant midfield.

Is Petracca overrated?

If Cockatoo was fully fit and without injury concerns, I would choose him over Petracca every day of the week.

Is Petracca overrated?

If Cockatoo was fully fit and without injury concerns, I would choose him over Petracca every day of the week.

well saints seem to think hes overrated. and id think petracca n brayshaw go 2 n 3. but from what ive been told pickett is worthy of one of those picks too. Which is evident in GWS wanting him with their 1st of 3 picks in top 10. And I also think if cockatoo not having foot injury he would go top 5. I think hes like dustin martin. these feet injuries are becoming common thou ie kreuzer and darling.

Is Petracca overrated?

Yes I have always thought Brayshaw is the best player in this draft.
Petracca didn't do a good beep test, so saints are worried.

Personally think its a good idea by the saints, as they will finish bottom next year and all the top players will be mids.

Personally think its a good idea by the saints, as they will finish bottom next year and all the top players will be mids.
Always thought endurance was the easiest thing to improve? Simply a case of getting the k's in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Petracca overrated?

Yeah, Melbourne couldn't go wrong, instant midfield taking Scully and Trengove, but Martin could be an outside chance.

The closer the draft gets the more I want Weller, especially with Duggan firming at #8. Would be happy enough with Cockatoo and of course Laverde if he slides whilst I've warmed slightly to De Goey. Praying that we don't end up with Ahern though.
For our second rounder would love Viojo-Rainbow, Blakely, D.Mckenzie, Maynard, Cavka or Menadue whilst I wouldn't mind Boekhorst, Miller or McLean. Someone is bound to slide surely! Hoping that we don't jump the gun on Smith or McGovern but would be happy with either later on.
Whilst for our final picks Goodyear, Fordham and Hislop are three midfield prospects that haven't been spoken about much that I'd be happy with as third or fourth rounders. Also rate Lim highly, really hoping he gets a go somewhere and I'm a big fan of Buykx-Smith as a developing lockdown KPD. And of course Smith, McGovern and Abbott will all be in the mix as well Deluca, Watson, McGuinnes and Anderson. Wouldn't mind Panos either.

Realistic dream draft; Weller, Viojo-Rainbow, McGovern, Buykx-Smith.

I Really rate Hislop someone will get a bargain pick up, his championship stats are right up there with the best midfielders and he played a good game in the curtain raiser getting named in the best player's, The only thing i don't like is he's a Docker Supporter :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

I didn't realise his beep test wasn't that good, he pulled out of the 3km time trial as well with a pulled muscle or something.

Jesus Called

Said Pickett will slide to 11

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

Sounds like two smokies from WA are going to get drafted. Charles Lill and Ethan Hughes both from Swans. Anyone know anything about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back