Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooperstars

Debutant
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok there is money up for grabs
Pick the top ten (10,000) on the AFL site.
Pick the first round here on big footy (2.500)

Please add your clues that link players to clubs or clues to player types a club might select.

Starting with the first clue which I think was glaring and turned out to be true (90% sure)
Saints offloaded Stanley for pick 21. By trading their big forward away the Saints clearly had a plan, Rooey nearing the end etc.
McCartin the target and some solid mids should be available at 21 and 22

Adelaide trading picks with Geelong 10 to 14 plus others at the back end.
This tells us the Crows are extremely confident that their man will be available at 14. You can argue that the depth is strong enough between those picks to still secure a good player but 99% of the time clubs trade up not down so I don't buy into they don't have a player in mind.
Who is that player? Darren Jarman's nephew? If it was Durdin then that has clearly backfired.

GWS traded Giles out why? Giles is a very capable ruckman so they had an eye on one in the draft is my theory as they do not have excess ruck stocks on their list.
I think Wright is a target.

Times running out to lodge an entry so please add your clues ASAP

Kyle_1009.png

99% of the time clubs trade up not down?????

If a club trades up then the other club trades down so 50% of the time clubs trade up not 99%
Normally a player is involved, it's rare they just swap picks especially first rounders

Normally a player is involved, it's rare they just swap picks especially first rounders
Nope any trade where draft picks change between clubs, player involved or not, one club moves up the other moves down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope any trade where draft picks change between clubs, player involved or not, one club moves up the other moves down
Clearly

But getting a player and then trading picks is making a deal. Up/down is balanced by that player value.

Trading picks alone sometimes happens at the back end when one club offers up picks they won't use to get slightly up the order with one they will use.

Geelong gained 10 and 47
Adelaide 14 and 35

At the time most pundits lambasted Adelaide for risking an elite player to perhaps gain a slightly better pick later in the draft.
Now you believe they are genius, stupid or sure of the player they wanted.
They were not prepared to risk missing that player but knew pick 10 was overs and decided to take a calculated risk to get another player at 35 that may not be there at 47.

That's my theory and I expect Adelaide to surprise with a pick like Brayden Maynard (father son they applied to have available but was ineligible) or to a lesser extent Declan Hamilton (Jarman brothers nephew) or perhaps a good SA boy.

If they go with best available at 14 then I will be watching for who they pick at 35.

My heads worn out with all this draft chess, bring on tomorrow

Draft is on the 27th. Bulldogs have the 27th pick. Jakovich wore the number 27. Bulldogs will pick a CHB.
Yes, you're definitely on track...

Chris Pelchen was formerly football manager (or similar dumb-ass title) at the Saints, which holds pick 1. Christian Petracca has lots of letters in common with C. Pelchen. Coincidence...? I think not...Saints to blow everyone away and switch back to CP at #1.

More to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back