Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Who will we draft? edition

Pick 11 - Who will it be

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

THIS. I originally liked Duggan but have gone off him. Do not want.

Would be extremely happy with Laverde or Cockatoo.

Would be happy with DeGoey or Weller (less happy if one of the above is available).

Would be pissed with Duggan or another average paced vanilla midfielder who is a 'safe' pick.

Time to grow some balls WCE.

The danger with Cockatoo, I can see him having mental issues, and being home sick. It's a risk, and we haven't had the best record with the indigenous boys- Weedon, Broome, Newman, JON

The danger with Cockatoo, I can see him having mental issues, and being home sick. It's a risk, and we haven't had the best record with the indigenous boys- Weedon, Broome, Newman, JON
Don't think that will be an issue with cockatoo

Wirrapanda, Lewis, Matera X 2....

JON's issue wasn't homesickness, it was because he was s**t he didn't make it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree on duggan. To me footy nous are more important than merely having a big body or speed. Having said that though, it seems as though we will have a lot of good options to choose from at 11 and I wouldn't be disappointed if we come home with any of Duggan, Weller, Leverde or Cockie.
Have read little about Duggan until now given I loved the hype of Cockatoo/Laverde and to a lesser extent Weller. Done a bit of homework. I think he can definitely work. What he lacks in pace I think he makes up for in 360º vision, bit like Pendles. The game seems to slow for him a bit. Elite kicking, even though highlights are highlights, his kicks always find someone in a favourable position. - no doubt what Simpson is all about. Big plus is his leadership capacity, I get the feeling that was and will be a big tick for any club.

Having said all that, is he another Masten? If Masto had the pace he had when he was 15-16 and still running around the red thing, there would be no doubt he would be an explosive mid.... same reason Brisbane picked up Kieran King with a speculative pick a handful of years back. I hope whatever decision is made tomorrow it works out... i just feel like we've been safe for so long, it would be nice to have a punt - I don't think anyone would get upset if we picked up a Cockatoo or a Laverde and they turned out to be average. It would be a lot easier pill to swallow then seeing them blossom somewhere else
Masten had good disposal, decent speed and "footy smarts" as did Trengove and Scully. Times have changed in footy, unless you are absolute elite eg Sam Mitchell, you must either have a big body to be able to break tackles or the pace to be able to break from congestion so you can actually use your elite disposal.

Duggan has neither and I suspect he'll end up on a Wing as a player very similar to Gaff with slightly better disposal but without quite the same running ability

If Duggan isn't taken by Gold Coast, he will be playing for WC next year. I am confident we will take him over Laverde - the footy smarts and tidy ball use is exactly what Simpson is looking for IMO.

Like I've said previously, I don't think our coaches consider us to need faster players, and they're going to back in the bulking up of existing players over drafting for size.

Seems that GC have expressed interest in Wright, which has pushed Duggan down to us, and as such I'd put a carton on us calling out Duggan's name tomorrow.

Better start watching those vids and trying to see the silver lining in it!
Didn't Simpson also say we needed bigger bodied mids? Duggan will never be a big bodied mid. He's a slightly worse Gaff

Interesting that from the poll Laverde wasn't even considered an option 1 month ago, such was the expectation he would be a top pick (Or Keyser just doesn't know ****).

But what has really changed since then? To me he seems like a great fit for us, he's an exciting talent with less queries that the other blokes has the size and build to make it as a midfielder, has the flexibility that Simpson and Co. are after.

If he's available at 11 he's a potential for steal of the draft.
I bet that he'll be long gone by 11...

THIS. I originally liked Duggan but have gone off him. Do not want.
It's all in the name...such a bland name...but you must look past it!

Other names are much more interesting, more compelling: Cockatoo, all crests and feathers and sqwaking and s**t; Laverde, all green and foreign and beginning with L and good s**t; Weller, all holy and nearly foreign (being from Qld) and containing an l and s**t like that.

Liam starts with L, Duggan is holy-ish and he's from Pricktoria, which, to be perfectly honest, is s**t.

Embrace Duggan, the extraordinary player with an ordinary name...accept our future.

Just spoke to my mate from inside the eagles, same one that said a player had hurt his hand (Yeo), said that they've basically locked in Cockatoo, done a lot of homework on him and rate him extremely highly. I asked about Lavarde, he said they still expect him to be long gone by our pick.
I'm putting alot of stock into this as you were right about the hand. And im really happy lol

a mcgovern or 2. or a utensil a Twooooooo....A clotheslone out the Back, A verandah out the front, And an Old Rocking Chair..

You
You obviously don't remember 2009 when fyfe and bastinac had both gone by our second pick

I'm not sure of your point. Surely, the recruiters have a list of players in decending order of preference. As the players names get read out, you cross them off your list and when it's your turn, you read out the highest remaining player's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back