"Get The F#!k Out The Way!"...It's Kobe Bryant and the Official Week 8 Thread!

Who had the truest quote about the Knicks last week?

• "We have a loser's mentality." -Phil Jackson

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • "There's a lot of arguing and cursing each other out after games." -Broussard's 'sources'

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • "We're all commited to the triangle and to this system." -Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • "It's not that difficult. It's a triangle." -Dennis Rodman

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankly I can't see much in it for the Mavs - they already have an unbelievable offence, they don't really need a ball-dominant floor general.

On the other hand their D and rebounding are very shaky, which Rondo won't really transform much.
Huh? He's one of the best defensive minded and rebounding PGs around... Especially compared to Nelson/Barea/HArris. Just look to how many good PGs have carved us this year. If you think we're getting ROndo in to improve offence you're wrong.

PG was our weakest position by far. ALl we needed was a Kidd clone basically. SOmeone that can facilitate on O (not necessarily create) and can play decent D, of which Rondo do both these things pretty *ing well.

WOuld be nice if he could shoot, but I remember KIdd was a horrible shooter when he arrived to the Mavs and ended up serviceable.

correct PP. at least you are man enough to admit the error in your ways. i do recall the day melo became a knick, and i swear your excitement was real and palpable. this despite your BF brothers warning you. but anyway i have made my views on him clear, that happen to directly contrast those of Nugget fans here. but anyway, he wants to go to a contender....lol. he shouldve gone to chi town for less $ but wanted the $$$$
Look at the time he was what we needed and i would have done that trade, just he doesnt give a * about winning and thats why i want him gone.

Apparently Dallas are now gonna try and sign Jermaine O'Neal

They'd probably be better keeping their all time elite offense though. Is the argument that he'd elevate the D by a heap? Because the idea that his style of play could improve their scoring is entirely insane.
Yes he would elevate the D by a heap. You seen Nelson try to defend the pick n roll? OMg pull my hair out every time.

Seriously, I like this trade moreso that we're getting rid of Nelson than that we getting Rondo.

It makes more sense if they're worried that Monta is going to opt out at the end of the season, b/c he's on a great value-for-money contract at the moment for what he gives them.

Of course they'd need a replacement shooting guard, and a replacement for Wright too. For me it's a big gamble to break up their team just for Rondo.
Break up the team? Wut?

NElson has been there 5 minutes and has been nothing short of awful. No loss.
I like Crowder but he easily replaceable. Give the minimal minutes he was getting to Aminu/JEfferson (in that order).
Wright was a key piece of O but was often out-sized on D. It sucks to lose him but fairly sure we can adequately replace him.

i really don't think Melo would of worked at the Bulls

Taj Gibson out as well

#freeNiko
I disagree, i think he would be a great fit for them. They need that scorer and they have enough guys who play D.
Wont happen now anways as they wont want to break up what they have going, would have to give up too much to get it done.

Yes he would elevate the D by a heap. You seen Nelson try to defend the pick n roll? OMg pull my hair out every time.

Seriously, I like this trade moreso that we're getting rid of Nelson than that we getting Rondo.
I know that Nelson can't defend, I just don't see why Dallas would take this risk with the offense.

Just looked at Dallas roster, it looks really unbalanced.

Lots of guards, minimal bigs.

Interesting to see if they try to swing another deal or sign some vet minimum bigs

Just looked at Dallas roster, it looks really unbalanced.

Lots of guards, minimal bigs.

Interesting to see if they try to swing another deal or sign some vet minimum bigs
They are trying to sign Jermaine O'Neal apparently haha

also .....

Bryan Gibberman ‏@Gibberman10 30m30 minutes ago
The Mavs used a first round pick and two seconds to get Rondo & Chandler. The Knicks used those same exact picks to get Bargs.

FML

I disagree, i think he would be a great fit for them. They need that scorer and they have enough guys who play D.
Wont happen now anways as they wont want to break up what they have going, would have to give up too much to get it done.

yeah most people do disagree with me on this one :cool:

i just don't think any forwards get to not play D for Thibs and not for a night or a week or a fortnight, Pau got a bit of a shock in those first few games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just don't think any forwards get to not play D for Thibs and not for a night or a week or a fortnight, Pau got a bit of a shock in those first few games

correct.

besides the bulls have a nice mix, but with gasol, rose and butler theres not enough shots for melo

Huh? He's one of the best defensive minded and rebounding PGs around... Especially compared to Nelson/Barea/HArris. Just look to how many good PGs have carved us this year. If you think we're getting ROndo in to improve offence you're wrong.

PG was our weakest position by far. ALl we needed was a Kidd clone basically. SOmeone that can facilitate on O (not necessarily create) and can play decent D, of which Rondo do both these things pretty ruddy well.

WOuld be nice if he could shoot, but I remember KIdd was a horrible shooter when he arrived to the Mavs and ended up serviceable.

According to C's fans his defence has slipped a lot.

Break up the team? Wut?

NElson has been there 5 minutes and has been nothing short of awful. No loss.
I like Crowder but he easily replaceable. Give the minimal minutes he was getting to Aminu/JEfferson (in that order).
Wright was a key piece of O but was often out-sized on D. It sucks to lose him but fairly sure we can adequately replace him.

You'll have more trouble replacing Wright than you'd think.

However I wasn't referring to what you traded away for Rondo, it was a theoretical 'what if' centred on Monta. At present you have no back-up shooting guard and no back-up bigs. Perhaps you'll play Harris off-the-ball, but he's also your best trade chip left available.

It's a gamble.

Um you've heard of Carlos Boozer right? Melo was a perfect fit but he's not coming to Chicago on that deal the Knicks gave him.

Travis Wear
christian-bale-wtf.gif

According to C's fans his defence has slipped a lot.

You'll have more trouble replacing Wright than you'd think.

However I wasn't referring to what you traded away for Rondo, it was a theoretical 'what if' centred on Monta. At present you have no back-up shooting guard and no back-up bigs. Perhaps you'll play Harris off-the-ball, but he's also your best trade chip left available.

It's a gamble.

Might've slipped, still a massive upgrade on what on our biggest issue: defence in the starting 5 and specifically defence at PG noting where we lack D in other starting positions. Rondo is a pretty good rebounder so helps there too.

Not sure if you think Wright provided much on the defensive end, but he didn't. A decent loss on O, sure, but pretty sure Rondo will make up for that. Look to see Parsons score a lot more on the break and also through his cutting. Now have a reliable (more like exceptional) passer that will be able to hit him more often.

Harris plays quite alot at SG already.

Calling the trade a fail on a 'what if' seems like overkill.

How many times has Dirk had a legitimate PG and C in the same team? Not many times I'll tell you. 2011 was one.

Back