EPL Matchweek 17 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats an interesting piece. The fact that he hasnt repeated the "it's all due to writing off stadium expenses" mantra that Liverpool were briefing the press about convinces me that he has actually done some research.

The big question mark arising from this is the pre 2011 wages. He says that improvements between 2012/13 and 2013/14 shows an improving trend and as such allows you to exempt £50m in pre 2011 wages. The rules actually specify an improving trend over the entire reporting period, in which case Liverpool would miss out (year 2 was a bigger loss than year 1). According to the rest of his figures that would mean you fail FFP in the next reporting period. It may be that UEFA interpret the rule the same way as him, in which case you should be alright.

Other things that stand out include the impairment of contracts. That doesn't necessarily lead to a reduction of wages, but can lead to a reduction in amortisation. £10.7m isnt going to be too significant I would have thought, and I'd be surprised if wages in the next set of accounts havent increased.

Finally he's not mentioned that the permitted loss of £37m is only permitted if the owner converts losses to equity. FSG hasnt done that and you would question if they would be prepared to write off £30m or so to by doing that.

Will certainly be interesting, but not a sure thing one way or the other IMO.

I presume Suarez was sold in the 14/15 set of accounts which should see you eventually pass FFP easily. But I suspect FFP won't be around by then. But that will be a £30m+ profit on the books even after all the purchases so if your struggling to meet FFP then you're in trouble.
As I said, im sure we will be fine but thanks for your concern :)

lol @ the commentators saying Collocini should of received red.

Will be interested to hear what they say when Lee 'I play thugby' Cattermole gets involved... :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concern? Sorry, just thought we were having a discussion. Carry on.
Now, now... we all know you were having thinly veiled swipes at LFC as usual. I was just letting you know that once again I know more about LFC than you do and that we will no doubt be fine with FFP.

We're a tight run ship. Henry is a very good business man. We will be fine.

Got to half time without conceding, that's a start.

Midfield is getting overrun. Maybe should take Gouff off for Cisse and go back to 4-4-2 to even it up. Too many long balls to nothing.

Come on Pardinho, weave that magic!

Got to half time without conceding, that's a start.

Midfield is getting overrun. Maybe should take Gouff off for Cisse and go back to 4-4-2 to even it up. Too many long balls to nothing.

Come on Pardinho, weave that magic!

Gouff has actually been OK. Sammy has been pretty bad, would be taking him off for Cabella pretty soon, maybe a HT.

Gouff has actually been OK. Sammy has been pretty bad, would be taking him off for Cabella pretty soon, maybe a HT.

Wouldn't mind seeing both Cabella and Armstrong getting on in the second half, haven't had a lot of impact down the flanks. Mackems are packing the midfield and doing a decent job of protecting their leaky backline.

Good for Alnwick's confidence to have made a few saves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back