Australia vs India - Third Test @ MCG - Dec 26-30 - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the criteria for being a good keeper is the occasional screamer then Maxwell is a good batsman.

For what it's worth I don't think Haddin is terrible, and no-one is really beating down the door to replace him. If he can score 40 - 50 more regularly then he should retain his spot, but his keeping, while usually good, isn't good enough to make up for the ridiculously low average he's had recently. Recent form suggests that he probably won't be scoring that many runs, happy to be proven wrong though.

Finally a decent performance by Haddin but he still needs to be replaced ASAP. Have a feeling Clarke ensures he stays there.

Split second decision mate, let it go. He has taken two screamers today, I think that makes up for one tough missed chance

What about the soda he missed? No great catch makes up for absolute sitters he should have taken like yesterday.

I think we have a higher proportion of flogs on the cricket board this Summer, where have you all come from?

Someone doesn't agree with you? Must be a flog.

:rolleyes:

If there is an Australian cricketer to be defended, BACCS is always front and centre. It's more tiresome than some of the constantly pessimistic posters.

At least we don't have "THE GOV" still pushing for Steve 'Stumper' Rixon to be the coach of the Australian team.

Yeah, that's what this is.

He's had about 4 bad tests, it's called bad form.

The 5 before that he saved us EVERY SINGLE FIRST INNINGS.
Actually, with the bat at least, he had 7 bad tests - not "about 4".

Leading into this match, his batting record for those 7 tests was:
13 inns, 2 no, 92 runs at 8.4

Most certainly deserving of scrutiny I would have thought.

Yeah, that's what this is.

He's had about 4 bad tests, it's called bad form.

The 5 before that he saved us EVERY SINGLE FIRST INNINGS.
Bad form at 37 is drop worthy. He's got to go.

I'm a bit worried about Johnson. He's lost a bit of pace this series and isn't picking up wickets. His 'thing' is that he throws down thunderbolts & scares batsmen, but obviously that wasn't the case today. I hope we're not going to see yet another downturn in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it would be a harsh call to drop a debutant and/or stamp their papers I don't think I've ever seen something so ridiculous as that shot Rahul played. Undid all their good work to get back level, if slightly in front. To get dropped then repeat the dose next ball when you have a guy 150 at the other end on a lifeless wicket, with an old ball and an attack that is totally and utterly spent. Dhoni's innings and some of his shots weren't much better. Yes attack and be positive to knock the deficient off but as Kohli and Rahane showed there are ways of doing it.

Well played to Australia take out the partnership and they were dominant for the first and last hours and have set themselves up to force a result. Harris was outstanding, thought Hazlewood was actually pretty good for little reward. Dropped chance last night didn't help. Johnson a bit down and Lyon toiled hard if a bit erratic early.

I'm a bit worried about Johnson. He's lost a bit of pace this series and isn't picking up wickets. His 'thing' is that he throws down thunderbolts & scares batsmen, but obviously that wasn't the case today. I hope we're not going to see yet another downturn in his career.

He isn't bowling poorly.

He simply isn't going to be able to keep having series where he takes 59 wickets @ 15.23, as he did last summer against England and South Africa.

For all the carry on about Haddin not going for the catch, are we forgetting the ball hit Watson fair and square in the middle of his palm. He should have caught it regardless.

He definitely should have taken it, as should Lyon with his gift. The down the pitch cam showed perfectly that it was 100% there for Haddin. Missing simple ones like that then cause him to go harder on the next one that comes near him, and luckily for us he took it.

Virat Kohli for the ******* win.

I like his batting but not sure he is right here. His team again twice squandered a chance to go for our throats both with ball then bat and Kohli should have been out immediately after his verbal with MJ.

India should be dictating this match but again look like they will be behind on 1st innings then batting for their lives on a deteriorating 5th day wicket.

We're 2-0 up so Kohli can enjoy all the personal sledging he wants.
To be honest I don't think the sledging helped Kohli's game. He seemed a little lax with his batting after that argument with Johnson.

Sledge all you want and Australia on top but Christ what more can Kohli do? He has been man of the series for mine with Smith. Simply outstanding and not only counter attacked but single handedly dragged India into a winning position twice. Hardly his fault all manner of ridiculous shots are being played up the other end. To still potentially go down 3-0 is in no way a reflection on his performance. If anything he has demonstrated he is India's natural leader and barometer and should immediately be made captain.

While it would be a harsh call to drop a debutant and/or stamp their papers I don't think I've ever seen something so ridiculous as that shot Rahul played. Undid all their good work to get back level, if slightly in front. To get dropped then repeat the dose next ball when you have a guy 150 at the other end on a lifeless wicket, with an old ball and an attack that is totally and utterly spent. Dhoni's innings and some of his shots weren't much better. Yes attack and be positive to knock the deficient off but as Kohli and Rahane showed there are ways of doing it.

It was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while. All he had to do was stay out there...

Sledge all you want and Australia on top but Christ what more can Kohli do? He has been man of the series for mine with Smith. Simply outstanding and not only counter attacked but single handedly dragged India into a winning position twice. Hardly his fault all manner of ridiculous shots are being played up the other end. To still potentially go down 3-0 is in no way a reflection on his performance. If anything he has demonstrated he is India's natural leader and barometer and should immediately be made captain.
I don't think anyone's disputing any of that. And I'm not denying he has a right to give as good as he gets from the Australians.

It just seems like he bats better when he doesn't get drawn into those altercations.

I like his batting but not sure he is right here. His team again twice squandered a chance to go for our throats both with ball then bat and Kohli should have been out immediately after his verbal with MJ.

India should be dictating this match but again look like they will be behind on 1st innings then batting for their lives on a deteriorating 5th day wicket.
Uhh...Kohli isn't captain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back