ODI Tri-Series: Australia v India, SCG, Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

My uncle is a cricket tragic who lives in Sydney. He refuses to go to SCG games purely due to ticket prices.

CA are rubbish businessmen. Do they genuinely think that the more expensive the tickets are, the more money they make? I would have thought that if tickets are sold much cheaper such that games just sell out, then not only will they actually make essentially the same money at the gate, but it will be a much better spectacle on tv and heaps more fringe viewers will watch from home, everybody is happy, everybody wins, the game grows and CA makes heaps more money long term. Surely?

CA are rubbish businessmen. Do they genuinely think that the more expensive the tickets are, the more money they make? I would have thought that if tickets are sold much cheaper such that games just sell out, then not only will they actually make essentially the same money at the gate, but it will be a much better spectacle on tv and heaps more fringe viewers will watch from home, everybody is happy, everybody wins, the game grows and CA makes heaps more money long term. Surely?
Also make more $'s on catering...

"Hundreds of people joining the exclusive club of being an Australian"

I'm not sure that guy understands the meaning of the word "exclusive".

The number of absolute mugs and dropkicks who have become Australian citizens by virtue of simply being born here does take the shine off it somewhat.

Still, respect to those who come here from difficult situations and live good lives here, and like it so much and want to stay to become citizens.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Along with being our first-choice Test spinner, Nathan Lyon should be our first-choice limited-overs spinner, too. No reason to persist with Doherty IMO.

Nathan Lyon
List A record - 34.33 average, 44.0 strike rate, 4.68 economy rate
T20 record - 21.04 average, 17.2 strike rate, 7.32 economy rate

Xavier Doherty
List A record - 33.32 average, 42.8 strike rate, 4.66 economy rate
T20 record - 31.07 average, 24.7 strike rate, 7.53 economy rate

Classic Raydu! Faces first delivery and goes for a big hit. Some other country should offer citizenships to Kohli and Rahane, Indian team doesn't deserve them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back